Fire Servais

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He's lost the players....It's so laughable. We are very reactionary now days huh? Are people really clamoring for McClendon? Do we forget his lineups and pitching decisions?

Yeah Servais isn't perfect. He isn't Lou but who is? He's had 4 winning seasons out of 7. Therefore he's had 3 losing seasons with 2 of those seasons being a full rebuild.

We realize that there are actual bad managers in the MLB right? Servais is alright.
This. I think Lou would be dragged online now. The way people are I really do. "Lou has 4 HOF players and zero WS appearances. Fire him".

balakoth

Reaction score
Its funny... that people think a manager.,.. some how dictates LOCKER ROOM for MILLION Dollar players

WTF do you expect this dude to do ROFL.

Have ANY of you lived a DAY in your life... are you that ingrained to being a "YES SIR ILL DO WHAT YOU SAY SIR BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER SIR!!"

Laughable...

As my father said... respect is earned not given..... Can't wait for this last generation to die off

balakoth

Reaction score
Also imagine putting so much worth into a ******* lineup card... vs the athletes playing and just doing their job ... ya know the ones with 25 million dollars a year

That one singular human is some how going to motivate them? Is this little league...... are you all 12?

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
This. I think Lou would be dragged online now. The way people are I really do. "Lou has 4 HOF players and zero WS appearances. Fire him".
I don't think so. Lou won a world series first season with Cincy. He comes to the Ms who are on the verge of moving and turns the city into a baseball town. Lou will forever be loved here. Pete took the Seahawks to a couple super bowls, should have won both, but that level of success doesn't warrant a firing always. How many coaches take a team to back to back title games? Lou gave us 3 playoff appearances and a 116 win season and a grit that grew the team some balls. Lou was going to leave anyway because after 2002 the team was old and everyone saw the end of an era coming. The 2004 Mariner team proved that. Don't forget Ms ran into the Yankees dynasty during the Lou era. Sonics ran into the Bulls dynasty. Lou and Karl got unlucky. Scott Servais and his hitting coaches have not proven anything yet in my opinion but hopefully they shut me up the rest of the way.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I don't think so. Lou won a world series first season with Cincy. He comes to the Ms who are on the verge of moving and turns the city into a baseball town. Lou will forever be loved here. Pete took the Seahawks to a couple super bowls, should have won both, but that level of success doesn't warrant a firing always. How many coaches take a team to back to back title games? Lou gave us 3 playoff appearances and a 116 win season and a grit that grew the team some balls. Lou was going to leave anyway because after 2002 the team was old and everyone saw the end of an era coming. The 2004 Mariner team proved that. Don't forget Ms ran into the Yankees dynasty during the Lou era. Sonics ran into the Bulls dynasty. Lou and Karl got unlucky. Scott Servais and his hitting coaches have not proven anything yet in my opinion but hopefully they shut me up the rest of the way.
I agree with some and disagree on some. Lou would have been dragged for his bullpen decisions and "choking" in 2001. Very few are rational. Nobody cares he won in Cincy. They would say "4 hall of famers and 0 WS appearances for Seattle".

I do agree he helped save the team so he is loved for that. People loved his attitude as well. Social Media will drag anyone. Him and Scott are my 2 favorites as managers in Seattle.

Pete was getting dragged and some fans begged for Pete to be fired for Russ. After Pete won a chip and made the Hawks. Now everyone is acting like they never said that. People dont generally own up to mistakes. They point to when they were right.

Who is a hall of fame player for the Ms right now? Scott is doing more with less per wins above expected rate. That to me is a nice stat to see.

This yr was 82.5 wins. Does he underperfom finally or win more? Time will tell.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I'm personally more annoyed with dipoto. His hot garbage off-season did more damage than anything ss has done imo.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Imagine how much easier it would be as a hitter in our lineup if you had 2 guys that could hit .250 instead of Colton effing Wong and Fish Pollock. Pitchers are far more comfortable with the bases empty compared to them being occupied.

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm personally more annoyed with dipoto. His hot garbage off-season did more damage than anything ss has done imo.
I would have to know first what budgetary constraints Dipoto had to operate under from ownership this past off season. Plenty of people did deep dives into their payroll vs. earnings and clearly showed that the M's had a good chunk of money they could have spent on FAcy had they chosen to without putting the team's finances in a precarious situation. I don't know how much falls on Dipoto's lap or ownership's lap. I think the majority of it may well fall on the latters.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Look, there's no secret that I think Servais is average at best. But this roster isn't on him. It's dipshitpoto and a front office that NEVER goes for it when they should.
This bottom part I agree with. FO is cheap as hell

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2nd best record in baseball in July. Right in thick of it. They do NOTHING. I don't want to hear about next year. NO, this year. AND THEY DO NOTHING.
It's pathetic. An absolutely wasted opportunity to go all in. Yet again.

NoGain

Reaction score
Lou was our manager for the 116 win season.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Objectively looking at it we are not an incompetent organization. Our player development for position players is just now picking up steam. The pitching side is already there. Call Dipoto what you want but he generally does try to make calculated moves. He's willing to pull the plug or sell early if needed.

We are not led by an incompetent manager. He's been very successful because of the culture he has built and his win/loss records. For those that want a fired up manager -- how is Phil Nevin doing? How did Lloyd McClendon do? Their act wears thin. Lou got away with it because he won enough.

Again... objectively looking at it no one should be fired. Back to back 90 seasons and the window is just now fully opened? All 5 starters are locked in for the next 5-6 seasons. All of your bullpen is under contract and dirt cheap. You now have a young core of OFs in Julio, Marlowe, JK, and Canzone. Catcher is locked up. Geno has a cheap contract for a 3-4 WAR player. France is locked up. JP is locked up. Your farm will be in the top 15 or top 10 by next summer.

Get angry because of the BS off-season and critique that but to say burn the whole thing down? Who is going to build it up again? Worse off....what if someone ruins it? Come on y'all....what are we doing?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It’s really easy to point your finger at SS when they lose, but when the win he gets no credit.

This is baseball, the sport where the manager has the least impact on the outcome. You can basically put a computer in the dugout and it could set the lineup and manage the bullpen on its own.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
It’s really easy to point your finger at SS when they lose, but when the win he gets no credit.

This is baseball, the sport where the manager has the least impact on the outcome. You can basically put a computer in the dugout and it could set the lineup and manage the bullpen on its own.
I disagree. However Scott gets the most hate from Ms fans and its odd af. But itll never change until ppl miss 90+ win seasons.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
To be fair, Ms are at where they should be. This hot streak has simply got them where they should be. Jerry and Scott have been listening to fans and they are learning from it.

Its funny... that people think a manager.,.. some how dictates LOCKER ROOM for MILLION Dollar players

WTF do you expect this dude to do ROFL.

Have ANY of you lived a DAY in your life... are you that ingrained to being a "YES SIR ILL DO WHAT YOU SAY SIR BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER SIR!!"

Laughable...

As my father said... respect is earned not given..... Can't wait for this last generation to die off
Lol. The fact they are millionaires makes the manager position even more important. A lot of pro athletes kick the can because they start making the big bucks. Young kids always say stuff like you just did. Reality is older is usually wiser. Learn from those who came before you, etc.

In baseball you rarely see a young buck manager win the world series. It's extremely rare.