Extend Geno Smith.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’d re-sign but, it wouldn’t be much more than $20+.

I know we’re assuming he’ll fetch more on the market and that as a Pro-Bowler, his rate could be as high as $30+.

I’ve swayed back and forth on drafting all D (which is by far our biggest need) or trying to grab a QB early and letting him sit under Geno for 2-3.

Also assuming Lock will suck like he did in Denver…

We can only speculate…regardless, I’m excited as hell with all these upcoming picks. I also have very low expectations for next year.

I’m guessing we’re 2-3 years out at best and although it takes a great deal of patience, I’m ok with it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Quarterback of the future be damned - Geno checks every box, and they need to lock that man up.

I wouldn't be pressed at them grabbing a mid-round guy, but I'm not looking for a replacement for Geno. Geno's play will absolutely not be immediately eclipsed by a rookie signal caller.

He's doing everything right. He is enough. Pay the man his money, fix the defense with those sexy picks, and go on a damn run!

The window is NOW.

If it all falls down, then that's how it goes. A draft pick ain't a sure thing either.
Yes !
This is my hope. This losing run isn't and shouldn't be thrown on Geno Smith.
He's a damn good player and has the goods to take Seattle far in the playoffs.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I absolutely think that Geno needs to be extended long term. He has shown consistency through 12 games that has surprised most. Probably hasn't surprised Geno. My question for .net is not how long he should be signed for, but rather how many more years can he be a viable QB? He is currently 32. Can he play until hes 40 or even late 30's?
I've been hoping a reasonable deal could be worked out. 3 maybe 4 years . If not ,
I bet they're developing Lock. Just like
They did with Geno the last few years.

Sign #7 , fix this pathetic defense and we're a Superbowl contender.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’d re-sign but, it wouldn’t be much more than $20+.

I know we’re assuming he’ll fetch more on the market and that as a Pro-Bowler, his rate could be as high as $30+.

I’ve swayed back and forth on drafting all D (which is by far our biggest need) or trying to grab a QB early and letting him sit under Geno for 2-3.

Also assuming Lock will suck like he did in Denver…

We can only speculate…regardless, I’m excited as hell with all these upcoming picks. I also have very low expectations for next year.

I’m guessing we’re 2-3 years out at best and although it takes a great deal of patience, I’m ok with it.
I believe Drew Lock is unrestricted FA after this season. Only one guy between Smith and Lock will be back. Not both. Just a hunch I have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I believe Drew Lock is unrestricted FA after this season. Only one guy between Smith and Lock will be back. Not both. Just a hunch I have.

He is.

Not sure how much interest there will be in free agency for Lock? But if Geno signs an extension Lock is probably gone to a team he knows he can compete for a starting job with.

As far as Geno goes, I still have some major reservations about how he plays under pressure. Still panicking, taking bad sacks and throwing dangerous balls under pressure.

Can he still be a top 10 QB at times that with a good line and run game play at an elite level the majority of the time? I still think that. Can he carry a team? No. But only 2-3 QB's in the entire league can.

That's not my barometer for an extension.

Weadoption

Reaction score
if you could get him for like a 4yr deal at $160M tops, that would be a serious win for your franchise imo.
Free agent QB market is insane.
There just aren’t a lot of humans that can do that job well.

knownone

Reaction score
if you could get him for like a 4yr deal at $160M tops, that would be a serious win for your franchise imo.
Free agent QB market is insane.
There just aren’t a lot of humans that can do that job well.
I love Geno, but I wouldn't sign that deal unless the final two years are incentive driven.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
not paying Geno $40MM a year. Dude is going to be 33 years old. I'd like to go all defense in the draft though.