'Explosive' Noah Fant Brings Rare Tools

Jville

Reaction score

Link to >>> 'Explosive' Noah Fant Brings Rare Tools >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...ools-playmaking-potential-to-seahawks-offense

Nice review and write up (y)

Calling him "a freak" given his size, athletic tools, and ball skills, Schneider couldn't have sounded any more excited about bringing Fant into the program.

"You’re talking about guy that’s a big man, is young, he went through a rough time early on, unfortunately lost his mother right before the season. Did a really nice job, in our opinion, of still going out and competing. He caught 68 balls, is a huge target and he can run," Schneider said.

As demonstrated by his performance at the 2019 NFL combine, Fant possesses a rare set of traits for his position. The 6-foot-4, 249-pound Fant clocked in at 4.50 seconds in the 40-yard dash, posted a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump, and ran the 3-cone drill in 6.81 seconds, tying him for the sixth-best time in that drill by a tight end since 2000. He also showcased his strength with 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This all means NOTHING if Pete doesn't use him correctly. He could be a top 10 TE if used correctly, hell, maybe even top 5.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't really know how he'll be used. He has been somewhat of a disappointment based on his draft position. But also an incredibly valuable part of the Denver passing attack. He should be one of the best prospects in terms of physical ability that we've had here in Seattle.

While we haven't been able to leverage our TEs in terms of our passing attack, it remains unknown how much of that is on Pete's desire for deep passing or Russell's reluctance to deliver the ball in between the seams. If the former, I'm still left wondering how the absence of Wilson, who was prolific at delivering the deep ball to the redline, will alter the pass distribution results.

Fant should be in a really good position to leverage his athletic ability, plus the expected inability to distribute the ball to the outside. By both circumstance and talent -- I would expect Fant to factor much more heavily in the passing game that we've seen for years. It remains to be seen if he can turn that into a career year or even something approaching an element of strength with this team.

Certainly on paper, Fant and Waldron should be a well paired match.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Noah Fant and Drew Lock have a lot in common. In addition to all the experience they have accumulated practicing and playing together, they both now have a fresh start with much to prove.

They have come to the right place at exactly the right time!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Noah Fant 4/5/2022 press conference via you tube >>>

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't really know how he'll be used. He has been somewhat of a disappointment based on his draft position. But also an incredibly valuable part of the Denver passing attack. He should be one of the best prospects in terms of physical ability that we've had here in Seattle.

While we haven't been able to leverage our TEs in terms of our passing attack, it remains unknown how much of that is on Pete's desire for deep passing or Russell's reluctance to deliver the ball in between the seams. If the former, I'm still left wondering how the absence of Wilson, who was prolific at delivering the deep ball to the redline, will alter the pass distribution results.

Fant should be in a really good position to leverage his athletic ability, plus the expected inability to distribute the ball to the outside. By both circumstance and talent -- I would expect Fant to factor much more heavily in the passing game that we've seen for years. It remains to be seen if he can turn that into a career year or even something approaching an element of strength with this team.

Certainly on paper, Fant and Waldron should be a well paired match.
Assuming DK is still around this season, it shouldn't take an offensive genius to use Fant and DK'sn straight-line size and speed to open up some underneath stuff with YAC potential for Tyler and Eskridge.

Then again, they appeared unable or unwilling to truly take advantage of one of the most gifted athletes (in DK) in the league in 2021. I wish they'd do some Deebo Samuel stuff with DK. It's preposterous that they don't work harder to get the ball into his hands.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He is going to tear it up in this offense and a QB stud in Drew Lock feeding him the rock. Can't wait to watch this offense next season. It'll be a breath of fresh air

Spohawks

Reaction score
Dang I hope the best for Fant but I have never seen any team of any sport have talent at any position like the Seahawks have had over the years at TE...and totally screw it up.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I was hopeful a healthy Dissly would get more targets and certainly Cody Parkinson has a lot of untapped potential as well. But Noah Fant is a freak. 4.5 40 at almost 260 lbs and hands as soft as any TE in the league? Uncle Will will have to continue enjoying that back seat. As far as I'm concerned, Fant is our 3rd first rounder in the Wilson trade. Doesn't hurt that he gives Lock a familiar target, either.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
In today's NFL, Seahawks need both an inline tight end and a move tight end.

With regards to their recently added move tight end .............

Analysis: Will Seahawks Pick Up Noah Fant's Fifth-Year Option?​

Despite a slow start to his career that saw him catch passes from a multitude of fringe-to-below-average quarterbacks in Denver, Noah Fant has still produced at a top-10 level in several categories. But so far, the Seahawks have yet to give their new tight end any indication they'll be picking up his fifth-year option by the May 2 deadline. Link >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/analysis-will-seahawks-pick-up-noah-fants-fifth-year-option

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m going to disagree on that Fant’s been a disappointment even being the #20 pick and some of the opinions that I’ve read of him from both Seahawks and Broncos fans that basically reduced him to being a JAG type player is ridiculous.

It’s not even that Fant’s best football is still ahead of him as he is only 24 years old.

But It’s that Seahawks have a proven TE that has averaged 57 catches, 635 yards, 3.33 TDs, with a 68.3% catch rate in his first 3 seasons.

That the Seahawks were able obtain a strong (20 bench reps), increasingly dependable chain-mover in the middle of the defense that improved a 60.6% catch rate year one to 75.6% in year three.

A TE who is athletic enough to also stretch the field vertically with his 4.5s forty speed at 6-4, 250.

While agile enough to stretch the field horizontally and to do it with some creativity with an above quality 4.22 shuttle and a sexy 6.81s 3-Cone.

Noah Fant is basically a bigger yet somehow more athletic version of Gerald Everett that has a higher ceiling of potential and will be cheaper over the next two seasons.

And arguably a better receiving prospect than any TE the Seahawks could have signed or drafted in 2022.

I think low-key Seahawks potentially might have one of the better TE duos in the NFL in Fant and Dissly to pair with one of the best WR duos. Add Penny and a more polished Eskridge to the mix, Waldron has plenty to work with even without a bonafide QB to field a creative offense that can still be productive vertically but also horizontally.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dang I hope the best for Fant but I have never seen any team of any sport have talent at any position like the Seahawks have had over the years at TE...and totally screw it up.
This

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the reason why the Hawks have been so poor at utilizing TE talent. We’ve been drafting 6’4” and 6’5” centers with a 5’9” QB. He couldn’t see over them to take advantage of the center of the field. 🤣😂🤣🙈

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the reason why the Hawks have been so poor at utilizing TE talent. We’ve been drafting 6’4” and 6’5” centers with a 5’9” QB. He couldn’t see over them to take advantage of the center of the field. 🤣😂🤣🙈

We're not talking just about this regime, its been a problem with the franchise since its inception.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think he might be the best te since Zach Miller. Really hoping the ganepkan is to involve that position more.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This all means NOTHING if Pete doesn't use him correctly. He could be a top 10 TE if used correctly, hell, maybe even top 5.
He will be a weapon for Waldren's Offensive scheme sets NOT Pete...Pete will only interject if Waldren's Offensive game plans aren't producing, that's what a GOOD HC is supposed to do when things go awry.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will be a weapon for Waldren's Offensive scheme sets NOT Pete...Pete will only interject if Waldren's Offensive game plans aren't producing, that's what a GOOD HC is supposed to do when things go awry.
So the last three years when Wilson went off script Pete was just watching and sitting on his thumbs?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I’m going to disagree on that Fant’s been a disappointment even being the #20 pick and some of the opinions that I’ve read of him from both Seahawks and Broncos fans that basically reduced him to being a JAG type player is ridiculous.

It’s not even that Fant’s best football is still ahead of him as he is only 24 years old.

But It’s that Seahawks have a proven TE that has averaged 57 catches, 635 yards, 3.33 TDs, with a 68.3% catch rate in his first 3 seasons.

That the Seahawks were able obtain a strong (20 bench reps), increasingly dependable chain-mover in the middle of the defense that improved a 60.6% catch rate year one to 75.6% in year three.

A TE who is athletic enough to also stretch the field vertically with his 4.5s forty speed at 6-4, 250.

While agile enough to stretch the field horizontally and to do it with some creativity with an above quality 4.22 shuttle and a sexy 6.81s 3-Cone.

Noah Fant is basically a bigger yet somehow more athletic version of Gerald Everett that has a higher ceiling of potential and will be cheaper over the next two seasons.

And arguably a better receiving prospect than any TE the Seahawks could have signed or drafted in 2022.

I think low-key Seahawks potentially might have one of the better TE duos in the NFL in Fant and Dissly to pair with one of the best WR duos. Add Penny and a more polished Eskridge to the mix, Waldron has plenty to work with even without a bonafide QB to field a creative offense that can still be productive vertically but also horizontally.
Great post. Totally agree. Getting Fant was basically like getting another early second round pick in the draft.

Even if the 'Hawks don't get him enough touches (we should expect this), his ability to create mismatches will put pressure on defenses, and should result in more wide open dudes.