EPL 2014-15 Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ha6yazj said:
Uncle Si":1ha6yazj said:
not sure we can rely on Sturridge any longer. Fine if he's here. but we need his replacement to play along side him

I happen to think Origi is that replacement.

Anyway, Solid win. Would have liked for Stoke to nick a point off the Scum, but oh well. It's a miracle that we're only 5 points out of 4th with the way our season has gone so far. And we're still in the League Cup!

De Gea is saving that team.

I agree on Origi, but thats next year. we still need a stronger CAM (Roberto Firmino would be great) and someone that can get us forward. As much as I was ok with the players we brought in, we didnt bring in that player that runs a game like Suarez.

not saying we need Suarez' replacement, but this is why i wanted Sanchez. Same "style", and I think BR needs that type to play his philosophy.

but six on the bounce and Sunderland to come.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As a Liverpool fan, I hate to admit that they miss the hell out of Count Dracula Suarez. He's a grade A idiot of biblical proportions, but the dude was a perfect fit for Rodger's style of play.

I don't even think Liverpool is scoring half the goals as last year, and IMO the main reason is Balotelli's a bust and they miss the hell out of Suarez's production.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1l3rbvba said:
Sgt. Largent":1l3rbvba said:
As a Liverpool fan, I hate to admit that they miss the hell out of Count Dracula Suarez. He's a grade A idiot of biblical proportions, but the dude was a perfect fit for Rodger's style of play.

I don't even think Liverpool is scoring half the goals as last year, and IMO the main reason is Balotelli's a bust and they miss the hell out of Suarez's production.

Well, you're kinda over-simplifying it a bit here. Suarez was never going to stay, and since he's one of the top 3 players in the world, of course we miss him. Any team would struggle to replace a player of his skill and influence. Balo has been a bust, but we knew he might be going in. Biggest hurt this year has been Sturridge being injured for the entire season so far. The midfield has regressed from where it was last year - in large part due to Rodgers' inexplicable hesitance to play the diamond-4 that worked so well for us in the past. Sterling hasn't been at his best, Coutinho regressed, the defense didn't get any better, Gerrard regressed, Markovic didn't pan out, Lallana hasn't been what we thought he would be, Mignolet is bollocks.....the list is endless.

Bottom line is, we bought poorly in the summer and didn't do enough to replace Suarez' goals or his ability to blow a game wide open. Sanchez is really who we needed, Si is correct, but we didn't get him and Rodgers and co should have had a backup plan. they didn't.

Why do you say Suarez was never going to stay?

I don't remember reading that, just that Liverpool was fed up with his nonsense and wanted to dump him while the price was high. Sounds to me like they could have kept him if they wanted.

And of course I'm oversimplifying, soccer is no different than any other team sport, lots of blame to go around. But when your club leads the league in goals, you can mask other issues. Now they have far less goals and the same midfield and defensive problems............thus middle of the table.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1dsxsaoz said:
peachesenregalia":1dsxsaoz said:
Sgt. Largent":1dsxsaoz said:

Well, you're kinda over-simplifying it a bit here. Suarez was never going to stay, and since he's one of the top 3 players in the world, of course we miss him. Any team would struggle to replace a player of his skill and influence. Balo has been a bust, but we knew he might be going in. Biggest hurt this year has been Sturridge being injured for the entire season so far. The midfield has regressed from where it was last year - in large part due to Rodgers' inexplicable hesitance to play the diamond-4 that worked so well for us in the past. Sterling hasn't been at his best, Coutinho regressed, the defense didn't get any better, Gerrard regressed, Markovic didn't pan out, Lallana hasn't been what we thought he would be, Mignolet is bollocks.....the list is endless.

Bottom line is, we bought poorly in the summer and didn't do enough to replace Suarez' goals or his ability to blow a game wide open. Sanchez is really who we needed, Si is correct, but we didn't get him and Rodgers and co should have had a backup plan. they didn't.

I don't remember reading that, just that Liverpool was fed up with his nonsense and wanted to dump him while the price was high. Sounds to me like they could have kept him if they wanted.

And of course I'm oversimplifying, soccer is no different than any other team sport, lots of blame to go around. But when your club leads the league in goals, you can mask other issues. Now they have far less goals and the same midfield and defensive problems............thus middle of the table.

he had wanted out of Liverpool (desperately) in the summer before last year. He stayed (we made him) and he behaved. and was glorious. But many see the bite in the World Cup as just another attempt to get himself moved.

For me, I wish FSG told him to stay. but soccer is funny. when players want out they typically are allowed to leave

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This is all that is needed to be said after beating Southampton 1-0.

1625527_291951187680466_4160308148528894754_n.jpg

3 wins, 3 clean sheets, and all with our 3rd string keeper. And if anyone is gonna give Aguero and Costa competition for the golden boot, it's Sanchez.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1it2wys9 said:
Sgt. Largent":1it2wys9 said:
peachesenregalia":1it2wys9 said:
Sgt. Largent":1it2wys9 said:

Suarez stayed one more year than he wanted because of a technicality in his contract. He was spectacular for us during that year, but it was widely known that if Barca came calling, he was gone. His bite in the world cup forced Liverpool's hand, but I doubt they could have kept him even without that. When he re-upped his contract, there was a favorable release clause for both parties included, and Barca met that clause, even after the bite.

I think Rodgers/FCS's biggest error this summer was not splashing out for a world-class striker. They thought they could rely on Sturridge to stay healthy and bang goals in while bringing in a guy like Balotelli to support him. Sturridge got injured and the plan collapsed, no contingency. This day and age, you NEED at least two top-drawer striking talents if you want to compete with the big boys. Liverpool don't even have one right now.

it really was. Rodgers got ahead of himself with building the team through depth. I mean I like the players we have, but even with Sturridge this team was always short the world class player a top club needs to compete.

No idea if January will bring that. I dont see Sturridge as that player. he will certainly help, and may even bring the team top 4. But after a near miss last year the team needs to look at who they can bring in that will give them that edge they had last year.

and they need a keeper. Uniteds 5 point lead on us is all because of the widening gap between Mignolet and De Gea

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Damn you Pappa Cisse.

Damn you.

And you came off the bench.

You soddy, slovenly, thieving, sloppy fat bastard.

That is all.

Enjoy the other games, fellas! :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

Blueboy

Reaction score
Great result for Palace yesterday and was probably unlucky not to take all the points. Zaha and Bolasie played well.

[youtube]MlLJmXtWcIk[/youtube]

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3iw38zvf said:
Sounders thread is around the corner

(and before you go super fan on me... its rivalry week, so do one)

Easy nancy, Damn. Just cause United and Paddy McNair are punching above their weight class right now doesnt mean you have to get all up in my face.

I am not the one to blame for your club purchasing Balloteli (Like really, what did you expect from that?).

You're season isn't going well right now. A win against United won't change that. Just won't.

Focus on Europe this year. Doubt you'll have it next.

(Did I do that right?)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":147s22pr said:
Uncle Si":147s22pr said:

Easy nancy, Damn. Just cause United and Paddy McNair are punching above their weight class right now doesnt mean you have to get all up in my face.

I am not the one to blame for your club purchasing Balloteli (Like really, what did you expect from that?).

You're season isn't going well right now. A win against United won't change that. Just won't.

(Did I do that right?)

thanks for stopping by...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ae7yydk said:
Smurf":2ae7yydk said:
Uncle Si":2ae7yydk said:

(Did I do that right?)

Alright. We deserve this.

Bastard.

we certainly deserve this... but not from a Sounders fan