Draft..and thats a wrap

morgulon1

Reaction score
They took a center. A very good one and didn't have to give up prime capital to do it.

Seattle has a master class draft from start to finish.
He was a consensus All American, transferred to Michigan and was immediately named team captain, Outland award winner and Remington award winner ( best center in the country). My question is how did John Schneider get him in the 5th round?

This dude is going to play immediately.

I came to the same conclusion, I had all these ideas of who I thought they should take but knew it would happen much differently. I am happy and trust what they do . Maybe the board fell a little differently ? They take a pure ball player in Witherspoon . Reminds me of a classic Belechik type guy who makes big plays at big times. They took guys with special traits and personality, something the SB Seahawks had plenty of.

Seattle just didn't do things the way Kiper or other experts thought they should. Which they never do. If JS thought the way kiper thinks , he's in the wrong business.

Can't wait for September.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Come on toffee stop the negativity . Was Wypler voted top center in country?? Was he voted top interior lineman in country?? Hmmmmmm but he is better than Olu. I think we are being a little pickie cause they didnt pick your mock :)
How was his post negative? He just said he was surprised. Jeeeeesh, dude.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Winding down from the stress we endure every year on draft day (ain't it fun?!?), I'm finally doing less macro-managing and all I'm feeling now is euphoria. Like all of you I now know every pick by heart. But still I find myself looking back at our picks and asking myself "No sh*t, those guys are all Seahawks"??? Great job by our FO and while a few times it felt like we were getting a bit sideways, you look at the entire picture and again ask "No sh*t"??? I'd also like to thank Geno Smith for the role he played in all of this. Had he got money hungry and became a PITA, our board would look much different today.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Looking at this depth chart, I am pleased to not just find decent players at every position, but someone that can actually push for playing time behind them. I think this is going to be a very good year for us.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Seriously no one wanted OC instead of Zac? Seriously?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We took the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the draft AND picked the most decorated center in the country. Our RB room is probably the deepest it has been in a very long time. What's not to like?

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I tend to focus on the entirety of the draft, not individual picks. I'm happy with BOTH RBs and the Center they chose. So no, I don't have a problem with taking Zac in the second round.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Looking at this depth chart, I am pleased to not just find decent players at every position, but someone that can actually push for playing time behind them. I think this is going to be a very good year for us.

PC basically said this during his post-draft press conference. He said something to the effect that this will be the most competitive training camp the Hawks have had in some time and that the current team has been put on notice that their jobs were on the line. Of course, PC says this after every draft. :LOL:

QWERTY

Reaction score
We took the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the draft AND picked the most decorated center in the country. Our RB room is probably the deepest it has been in a very long time. What's not to like?
I tend to focus on the entirety of the draft, not individual picks. I'm happy with BOTH RBs and the Center they chose. So no, I don't have a problem with taking Zac in the second round.
Ok I’m not gonna say OC anymore I’m just gonna call him Torrence

Cross Lewis Brown Torrence Lucas. This line would had been top 5 OL

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Ok I’m not gonna say OC anymore I’m just gonna call him Torrence

Cross Lewis Brown Torrence Lucas. This line would had been top 5 OL
It might still be, we don't know. If it helps, JS talked about there being "upsets" at the start of the second round. The only player taken before Seattle's first pick that fits a need is Steve Avila by the Rams. He would have been my choice at 37 ahead of Torrence (and Hall), primarily because he has experience at the Center and Guard positions. So, the more likely OL would have been Cross, Lewis, Brown/Oluwatimi, Avila, and Lucas, which might also have been a top 5 OL. Either way, IMHO the OL will be better than last year, which is what matters.

Besides, there was something odd going on with O'Cyrus Torrence. I have no idea what it was, but he should have been picked mid to late first round and ended up getting selected at the end of the second round. Does anyone have info on why Torrence fell to the end of the second round?