Doug Brignole 63, has passed

Vesuve

Reaction score
This is OK for the Sport room b/c he competed and competition means it's a sport.

RIP.

sutz

Reaction score
No offense, but I had to google him. RIP, though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm shocked someone in here knew who he was. I wasn't a huge fan of his methods but he was great to listen to and seemed like a great guy. Did they say what it was?

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
No offense, but I had to google him. RIP, though.
I understand, sutz.

He's not well-known.

In Bodybuilding judging, competing, writing many articles and books.

One book,the "Physics of Resistance."

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
I'm shocked someone in here knew who he was. I wasn't a huge fan of his methods but he was great to listen to and seemed like a great guy. Did they say what it was?
Yes, I followed him also.

You probably know he was on Ric Draisin YT channel a couple of times and other.

Apparently, it was a heart attack....but the autopsy has not been done yet.

I firmly believe, that he was a Natty all of his life.

His body never went through rapid or extreme changes during his 40 years in the sport.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do to. Maybe TRT as he got older? But regardless I think he was legit and I enjoyed him on Draisin's channel. He also did some work for Steve Holman and it was always a fascinating read. Like I said earlier I didn't always agree but he always made you think and his approach was so well thought out. He was great for the community as well. Super good dude.

Hearing a heart attack for someone who seemed so healthy at a young age is always a little scary as I creep up in age (45).

Thanks for posting as I hadn't heard about this yet.

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
^ It's good there is someone into the lifestyle as well.

I'm into lifting....but only follow the folks of the 90s or 2000s.

I would assume Brignole did TRT and perhaps a couple other little things b/c he was still competing.

I also find it hard to see all of the things that he scientifically or physiologically explained.

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
Here's Brignole and Draisin going over some Mentzer things.

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
Here's an interview with Brignole about 2 weeks ago withShawn Baker MD, author of the "Carnivore Diet."

Ozzy

Reaction score
^ It's good there is someone into the lifestyle as well.

I'm into lifting....but only follow the folks of the 90s or 2000s.

I would assume Brignole did TRT and perhaps a couple other little things b/c he was still competing.

I also find it hard to see all of the things that he scientifically or physiologically explained.
But it was cool that he was thinking outside the box and not afraid to put his stamp on things so I still respected his approach and his thoughts.

I competed in powerlifting in the late 90's-early 2000's and have continued to stay active mostly to keep up with my kids. I switched to helping athletes train for specific sports now and just trying to stay healthy lol