Do we have a playoff roster?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
You're confusing the term "progress" with "satisfactory."
No, I'm not.

I'm saying just making the playoffs for a new team (all new coaches & some new players) can be considered progress when the previous season was a miss. Progress can also depend on what happens after that. If you make the playoffs one year and then miss them the next 2, that's most likely not progress. However, if you make the playoffs and lose the WC and then the next year make the Divisional, that is progress.

Saying that making the playoffs is not a measurement of progress, regardless of context, is clearly not a true statement

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I think we do have a playoff roster. Imo it will depend on the QB play. If MM is gonna shine his rookie year as a head coach he needs strong QB play to have a chance. Otherwise it could be below 500.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don’t know. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. I agree that linebacker is the weakest group.

Jac

Reaction score
No, I'm not.

I'm saying just making the playoffs for a new team (all new coaches & some new players) can be considered progress when the previous season was a miss. Progress can also depend on what happens after that. If you make the playoffs one year and then miss them the next 2, that's most likely not progress. However, if you make the playoffs and lose the WC and then the next year make the Divisional, that is progress.

Saying that making the playoffs is not a measurement of progress, regardless of context, is clearly not a true statement
Agreed. If we make the playoffs after rolling out entirely new offensive and defensive systems, that's huge progress regarding team life cycle. The coaches and player personnel staffs can then build on that success in year #2. Man, this year is going to be fun and frustrating in a way it hasn't for a long time.

Latest posts