Do we have a playoff roster?

toffee

Reaction score
Post draft and UDFA, our current 90-man roster. Do we have a playoff roster?

QBRBWRTETGC
Geno Smith*
Sam Howell
Chevan Cordeiro

Kenneth Walker III*
Zach Charbonnet*
Kenny McIntosh
TaMerik Williams^
George Holani^
Kobe Lewis^

DK Metcalf*
Tyler Lockett*
JSN*
Jack Bobo
Dee Eskridge
Easop Winston Jr
Laviska Shenault
Dareke Young
Cody White
Hayden Hatten^
Dee Williams^
Noah Fant*
Pharaoh Brown
Tyler Mabry
Brady Russell
AJ Barner
Jack Westover^

Charles Cross*
Abraham Lucas*
George Fant
Stone Forsythe
Max Pircher
Raiqwon O'Neal
Michael Jerrell
Garret Greenfield^

Anthony Bradford
Christian Haynes*
Laken Tomlinson*
Tremayne Anchrum Jr
McClendon Curtis
Sataoa Laumea
Olu Oluwatimi*
Nick Harris
Mike Novitsky^

A-
Geno is above average, and Howell could be above average too.

Both have starting experience.
B+
K9 has been productive, Zach showed some potential.

Not sure about the rest.

B+
DK is entering his prime
Lockett may be on his last season, he is ready to be a realtor. JSN has things to prove.
B
Fant is a proven TE, not sure about the rest.

C+
Cross was mediocre in his 2 seasons, Lucas was good as rookie, now has a chronic knee issue. Fant is a capable backup.

C-
Let's pray that laken got enough left in his tank as LG and Hayne is ready to start as RG.

The rest are not good.
D+
Let's remember that Olu backup Evan Brown, even when Brown sucked.

DL

OLB

ILB

S

CB

K

P
Jarren Reed*
Leonard Williams*
Byron Murphy*
Dre'Mont Jones
Cameron Young
Mike Morris
Jonathan Hankins
Myles Adams
Matthew Gotel
DeVere Levelston^
Boye Mafe*
Uchenna Nwosu*
Darrell Taylor
Derrick Hall
Joshua Onujiogu
Rason Williams II^
Nelson Ceaser^
Sunny Anderson^

Jerome Baker*
Tyrel Dodson*
Tyrice Knight
Drake Thomas
Jon Rhattigan
Patrick O'Connell
Easton Gibbs^

Julian Love*
Rayshawn Jenkins
K'Von Wallace
Coby Bryant
Jerrick Reed II
Jonathan Sutherland
Ty Okada

Devon Witherspoon*
Riq Woolen*
Tre Brown
Mike Jackson
Artie Burn
Lance Boykin
Andrew Whitaker
Nehemiah Pritchett
D.J. James

Carlton Johnson^
Ro Torrence^

Jason Myers*

Michael Dickson

B+
DL should be an A, but can Murphy lift the DL to the next level?

B
Can Mafe and Nwosu stay healthy? If they can't Taylor and Hall sure haven't shown any promises.
D-
Dodson was PFF's top LB but Ryan Neal was PFF's top S.

C
Love was a probowler, but what about the rest?

B+
Can Riq regain his form?

A-

A+

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
In terms of talent Hell yes.

The only question should be, will our new coaching staff be able to inspire and use the talent they have in their arsenal.

GoHawks
I am not sure, BUT, John Schneider agrees with you or Schneider weren't drafted two CBs this year.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I think we do. Not a SB team but a squeak in kind of playoff team. We do have a lot of good young talent to build off of

WarHawks

Reaction score
Not important. Even if we do, we're not likely to go far. What is important is getting the right foundation set and getting a qb established who can lead us to the promised land.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Not important. Even if we do, we're not likely to go far. What is important is getting the right foundation set and getting a qb established who can lead us to the promised land.
define foundation?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our stars, or the lack of:

All pro at their prime: Michael Dickson
All pro from yesteryears: Tyler Lockett (as a returner),
Pro bowl at their prime: DK Metcalf, Jason Myers, Julian Love, Rig Woolen, Witherspoon.
Pro bowl from yesteryears: Laken Tomlinson, Leonard Williams, Tyler Lockett

I may have missed some, but that's it, folks.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
How many times have you seen coaching and not the players make the right call for a chance to win or advance in the playoffs.
Scheme and quick thinking and creativity are gonna be able to take this roster anywhere they want to go if the coaches have that on game day , we all saw the plays like the last drive in the cowboy game where you don't even block the quickest defender right on the line so unless that was all dj dallas' fault I trulty believe we will see more creativity on both sides of the ball
Tons of trust in MM and now just gotta see how gruff jumps to the nfl , really easily i'm hopin

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
How many times have you seen coaching and not the players make the right call for a chance to win or advance in the playoffs.
Scheme and quick thinking and creativity are gonna be able to take this roster anywhere they want to go if the coaches have that on game day , we all saw the plays like the last drive in the cowboy game where you don't even block the quickest defender right on the line so unless that was all dj dallas' fault I trulty believe we will see more creativity on both sides of the ball
Tons of trust in MM and now just gotta see how gruff jumps to the nfl , really easily i'm hopin
Indeed, young Macdonald has a system.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
All depends on how quickly the players pick up the system, then how much they believe in each other as a team. This isn't a dream team but the problem with those teams is they are about themselves and not each other and the team. That is what made the LOB years special, they were about the team and each other, then themselves.

Jac

Reaction score
Agreed. You can't entirely separate position group evaluation from coaching/scheme this way. There is talent all over this roster, but it has been sub-optimized with stale coaching/schemes for years. You see it all the time in this league where a "grade A" free agent leaves one team and never lives up to expectations on another team.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Agreed. You can't entirely separate position group evaluation from coaching/scheme this way. There is talent all over this roster, but it has been sub-optimized with stale coaching/schemes for years. You see it all the time in this league where a "grade A" free agent leaves one team and never lives up to expectations on another team.
JJ Watt immediately comes to mind but there are many

BlueTalon

Reaction score
In terms of talent Hell yes.

The only question should be, will our new coaching staff be able to inspire and use the talent they have in their arsenal.

GoHawks
That was almost my exact thought.

My exact thought was, "The question isn't whether we have a playoff roster, the question is whether we have a playoff coaching staff."

Seahawker

Reaction score
No.
We are still going to be in that Seahawk purgatory of not bad enough for a great draft pick but not good enough to make noise in the playoffs.
We need a year of "learning" to tackle and to run the ball before we impact the NFC. But I think this is going to be a fun season.