DK Metcalf

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":18yf778j said:
Seanhawk":18yf778j said:
therealjohncarlson":18yf778j said:
emurri":18yf778j said:
I think he could win rookie of the year as well. I am not sure what other rookie has been playing as consistently well as Metcalf. I could be missing someone but he needs to be in the discussion.

I'll give you a clue.. we're playing him next game.

Deebo Samuel?
Nick Bosa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt Nick Bosa will get any votes for Offensive ROY.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He needs to improve his catch percentage and work on getting both feet in on the sideline catches. I have no doubt he's going to improve in both areas because he has shown he's willing to put in the work. He hired a top-notch receiver coach (Jerry Sullivan) prior to getting drafted to help him improve his route running. He worked with Russ in the offseason. The coaching staff and his teammates have all raved about his attitude and work ethic.

We got a steal.

D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":22gbq8lv said:
:sarcasm_on: We clearly should have drafted N'Keal Harry instead. :sarcasm_off:

You mainly operate as a troll anymore little Maulbert, nothing really of value to say.

When I posted I would have rather had N'Keal Harry it was because I thought we needed a possession receiver most of all, not because I thought DK was a bad receiver. Before you get too excited and coug-it all over yourself, remember that DK has had one really good game against the 31st ranked passing defense in the league when he was guarded by a rookie with very little playing time. I still think N'Keal would have been a better fit. That is why we just went out and got Josh Gordon.

I like everything about DK though. Let's see how he does against SF.

And finally, win an Apple Cup one of these years before you pipe off.

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":zq8qkhjw said:
Everyone's talking about DK's touchdown, and it was great........but IMO the play of the game yesterday was his sideline back shoulder catch in overtime. For not only the body control, but the DB scraped his facemask............so that level of concentration with all that going on was a thing of beauty.

So impressed with DK.

That was the play, and it is something that has been missing from him. Everything else was pretty much right there for him. But on this play he made it his.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, I love that video with all the "expert" opinions from the couch on DK.
He is a flat out beast and even better than expected imo. Very humble, solid player and is going to just keep getting better. Steal of the draft.

Own The West

Reaction score
Very excited about his future. We saw that flag route where the DB in trail lost ground after the catch. We've seen him high point a foot above his defender. Lots of good stuff.

He's got some mental stuff like concentration drops and not dragging a foot on the boundary, but that should improve in time.

Crazy to think how he was wasted at Ole Miss!

Rat

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1jzmy8wk said:
Maulbert":1jzmy8wk said:
:sarcasm_on: We clearly should have drafted N'Keal Harry instead. :sarcasm_off:

You mainly operate as a troll anymore little Maulbert, nothing really of value to say.

When I posted I would have rather had N'Keal Harry it was because I thought we needed a possession receiver most of all, not because I thought DK was a bad receiver. Before you get too excited and coug-it all over yourself, remember that DK has had one really good game against the 31st ranked passing defense in the league when he was guarded by a rookie with very little playing time. I still think N'Keal would have been a better fit. That is why we just went out and got Josh Gordon.

I like everything about DK though. Let's see how he does against SF.

And finally, win an Apple Cup one of these years before you pipe off.

I was all aboard the N'Keal train too; he impressed the hell out of me at ASU and I couldn't believe he fell as far as he did. I hate when the Pats get a steal, but I believe they did it again.

DK is looking excellent. His criticisms going into the draft were valid, but lucky for us, he has stayed healthy and been productive so far.

Fade

Reaction score
Remember that one poster who said DK should be cut because Jazz Ferguson out stat'd him, therefore outplayed him in the pre-season. Not even factoring in DK had his knee scoped and hardly played. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Fade":1f4d9acu said:
Remember that one poster who said DK should be cut because Jazz Ferguson out stat'd him, therefore outplayed him in the pre-season. Not even factoring in DK had his knee scoped and hardly played. :irishdrinkers:
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that, though I was singing Jazz's praises after game 1. He faded quickly, though. That's often what happens in the pre-season.

toffee

Reaction score
So far DK has not been shut down by any opposing CB.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":34so1fay said:
So far DK has been shut down by any opposing CB.

Sure you don't want to edit that? ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's crazy how off people were with their predictions on DK. Shoot, even those of us who thought he would be good couldn't have seen him be this good so early in his rookie season.

HansGruber

Reaction score
He is the exact type of receiver that gives Richard Sherman fits. Sherman struggled to cover Keesean Johnson , the rookie WR in AZ (6'1" 200lbs). Although he only had 2 catches, one of them was a TD against Sherman. And there were multiple routes where he got separation against Sherman but the QB was getting slammed by that great pass rush.

I'm betting Carroll and Shotty match him up against Sherman, and use his size and superior speed to get at least one TD on MNF. It's the best matchup we would have against SF's secondary.

I can't wait to see it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
HansGruber":313f1xmd said:
He is the exact type of receiver that gives Richard Sherman fits. Last week, Sherman struggled to cover Keesean Johnson , the rookie WR in AZ (6'1" 200lbs). Although he only had 2 catches, one of them was a TD against Sherman. And there were multiple routes where he got separation against Sherman but the QB was getting slammed by that great pass rush.

I'm betting Carroll and Shotty match him up against Sherman, and use his size and superior speed to get at least one TD on MNF. It's the best matchup we would have against SF's secondary.

I can't wait to see it.

I think this game IS the reason Gordon was brought to the team. They'll pound Sherman with DK and Flash and get him so pissed he gets ejected for having a full blown meltdown.