DK Metcalf

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Made a post about him in the gameday forum as well. DK looked like he took another step today. Made some really difficult catches, as well as ran some really nice routes, including ones we haven't seen him run before. Even when he wasn't open he was drawing a ton of pressure over to his side, and making the opposing defense commit penalties in order to keep in check. Lots of separation from him on several plays as well. Really liking his development as a receiver. He already looks miles better than he did at Ole Miss.

Shout out to Schottenheimer as well. Best called game of the season, really nice play designs.

BigMeach

Reaction score
:yawn:
Spin Doctor":79jfkxl7 said:
Made a post about him in the gameday forum as well. DK looked like he took another step today. Made some really difficult catches, as well as ran some really nice routes, including ones we haven't seen him run before. Even when he wasn't open he was drawing a ton of pressure over to his side, and making the opposing defense commit penalties in order to keep in check. Lots of separation from him on several plays as well. Really liking his development as a receiver. He already looks miles better than he did at Ole Miss.

Shout out to Schottenheimer as well. Best called game of the season, really nice play designs.

This was his coming out party.

mort

Reaction score
Definitely agree with op but I’ve noticed a couple times this year and again today he still needs to work on getting two feet down inbounds on close sideline catches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
He sucks & will be out of football by next year.

Am I doing this contrarian thing right?

edogg23

Reaction score
DK might end up winning rookie of the year if Russell gets to keep throwing the ball. He plays like a vet out there. I don’t see any downsides to his game. Maybe he can get the feet down a little better on a sideline throw but at the same time I’ll take an incomplete over getting injured trying to get a foot down.

tersal

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3b31nt3f said:

I think Mike Evans is a target for what DK can become. Same physical size though I think DK may be a better athlete.
Evans is a top 5 WR.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
tersal":1o5tpk29 said:
Spin Doctor":1o5tpk29 said:

I think Mike Evans is a target for what DK can become. Same physical size though I think DK may be a better athlete.
Evans is a top 5 WR.

Astute comp.
What Evans lacks in athletic ability compared to DK, he makes up for it with a high football IQ and grit. ALL of which I can totally see DK developing by year 3!! Hell of a draft pick!

sutz

Reaction score
Seems to be miles ahead of his first couple of games. :2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am telling you now that DK is Megatron II.
If Dissly comes back next year..Will anyone be able to stop this offense?
All we would need is an average D to win another SB.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
How did this guy drop in the draft??? How did we pick Collier over him as Collier is likely another first round bust.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ixop6t3 said:
I am telling you now that DK is Megatron II.
If Dissly comes back next year..Will anyone be able to stop this offense?
All we would need is an average D to win another SB.
Really hoping we draft or sign a te

sutz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":246adsft said:
How did this guy drop in the draft??? How did we pick Collier over him as Collier is likely another first round bust.
There was a bit of press saying he was strictly a 'go-route' kind of guy that didn't know the whole route tree. Possibly because in college, that's almost all he ever did. Obviously, he's learning a lot more routes and nuance than he was given credit for.

He's a keeper, and we got him fairly cheap.

tersal

Reaction score
hgwellz12":328byyqz said:
tersal":328byyqz said:
Spin Doctor":328byyqz said:

Evans is a top 5 WR.

Astute comp.
What Evans lacks in athletic ability compared to DK, he makes up for it with a high football IQ and grit. ALL of which I can totally see DK developing by year 3!! Hell of a draft pick!

Faster than year three remember he missed most of training camp prior to his injury the coaching staff were praising how fast he picked up things.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Evans is an elite route runner for his size. He's a top 3 WR in my opinion. If DK can get on Evans level over time, that would be amazing. He has a ways to go for sure, but the physical tools are there.

trharder

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":qhhxgm3z said:
Made a post about him in the gameday forum as well. DK looked like he took another step today. Made some really difficult catches, as well as ran some really nice routes, including ones we haven't seen him run before. Even when he wasn't open he was drawing a ton of pressure over to his side, and making the opposing defense commit penalties in order to keep in check. Lots of separation from him on several plays as well. Really liking his development as a receiver. He already looks miles better than he did at Ole Miss. .
Agreed. I like that he's quiet and professional. Not a "me, me, me" guy. Possibly the result of Tyler being the current role model for WRs in the Seahawk locker room. Remember Golden as a rookie? He barely played the first year and wasn't that awesome the second year. There's a very high ceiling for DK.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":53yu4jdp said:
Don't look now but DK leads all rookies in yards and is tied for 1st in TDS..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... egory=null
Ya, he was behind Terry McLaurin till this week. Looking at McLaurin tho, he has most of his success early in the season and having less success as the year goes on.

DK moved ahead of McLauring this week with the big game.