DK Metcalf

chris98251

Reaction score
That flag route across the field where Wilson dropped it in and then he accelerated going away, I can't wait to see more of those, nobody is going to catch him if he gets a couple steps.

emurri

Reaction score
edogg23":3mvn32cw said:
DK might end up winning rookie of the year if Russell gets to keep throwing the ball. He plays like a vet out there. I don’t see any downsides to his game. Maybe he can get the feet down a little better on a sideline throw but at the same time I’ll take an incomplete over getting injured trying to get a foot down.
I think he could win rookie of the year as well. I am not sure what other rookie has been playing as consistently well as Metcalf. I could be missing someone but he needs to be in the discussion.

Reaction score
He looked downright scary on that End Around... would like to see a few more of those in the future..

Fade

Reaction score
He is still very raw and developing. With that though he is such an overwhelming, physical athlete, DBs have to sellout and overplay with a certain leverage, which then creates opportunities, perfectly exemplified on his TD.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/1191178798626197506[/tweet]
Uhttps3A2F2Fmediatenor

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
emurri":d9osbwkt said:
edogg23":d9osbwkt said:
DK might end up winning rookie of the year if Russell gets to keep throwing the ball. He plays like a vet out there. I don’t see any downsides to his game. Maybe he can get the feet down a little better on a sideline throw but at the same time I’ll take an incomplete over getting injured trying to get a foot down.
I think he could win rookie of the year as well. I am not sure what other rookie has been playing as consistently well as Metcalf. I could be missing someone but he needs to be in the discussion.

I'll give you a clue.. we're playing him next game.

emurri

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":14c3l2k1 said:
emurri":14c3l2k1 said:
edogg23":14c3l2k1 said:

That is very true. I guess offensive rookie of the year, though.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I love Metcalf. He has one of the best attitudes I have ever seen from a rookie. He cried when we drafted him because he truly appreciates this opportunity. Oh yeah, he is also very good and I think he is exceeding expectations even though I was expecting a lot. The fact that he is even being noticed when Tyler Lockett is having the year he is having is remarkable.

uncle fester

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3m6w4i6b said:
Don't look now but DK leads all rookies in yards and is tied for 1st in TDS..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... egory=null

Thanks for the link - didn't realise he was doing *that* well - and to average 18 yards per catch after 9 games is pretty amazing too.

As Sutz mentions up-thread, DK seems to be developing quickly from where he was, Week 1. There's potential to break 1000 yards, given the current trajectory.

toffee

Reaction score
uncle fester":16sany01 said:
jlwaters1":16sany01 said:

Thanks for the link - didn't realise he was doing *that* well - and to average 18 yards per catch after 9 games is pretty amazing too.

As Sutz mentions up-thread, DK seems to be developing quickly from where he was, Week 1. There's potential to break 1000 yards, given the current trajectory.

So Ole Miss had two good WRs in DK and AJ Brown but didn't know how to use them ....

justafan

Reaction score
I love his attitude. He wants to be great.Puts in the time and work with Wilson to get there. Nonchalant toss to the ref when he makes a huge TD. Love it.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
toffee":2j7v1kt0 said:
uncle fester":2j7v1kt0 said:
jlwaters1":2j7v1kt0 said:

So Ole Miss had two good WRs in DK and AJ Brown but didn't know how to use them ....

Ole Miss had two good WR's and only knew how to use one. They just fell in love with the great 40 time from DK and sent him sprinting up the field.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Ok, this is probably superficial as hell, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I saw him showing off his physique at the combine, I figured that he was just another me-first, attitude problem, attention hound.

So far, he has proved me wrong. He seems to be much more humble than I ever would have expected. Seems to be a team player. So happy to be wrong about his attitude.

He seems to have all the physical skills to be a top 10 receiver in the league. If he can keep his head straight, he is going to have a long career ahead of him, even if he doesn't develop into a top ten.

Despite my misgivings, I kind of liked the pick. Thought it was a worthwhile gamble. Man am I ever super happy with the pick now.

calinator

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":mm89bftd said:
I am telling you now that DK is Megatron II.
If Dissly comes back next year..Will anyone be able to stop this offense?
All we would need is an average D to win another SB.

We still need a bunch of help on the OL even though it's gotten significantly better. Our skill positions are great but don't really matter if the OL is shaky.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":zdvgx4dt said:
emurri":zdvgx4dt said:
edogg23":zdvgx4dt said:

Deebo Samuel?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Seanhawk":13z5tktg said:
therealjohncarlson":13z5tktg said:
emurri":13z5tktg said:
edogg23":13z5tktg said:

Deebo Samuel?
Nick Bosa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Probably Oakland's Josh Jacobs is the big competition for OROY with Metcalf. Of course that's because the Rose is off the Bloom for Gardner Minshew.

Slick

Reaction score
Try this: he sucks and he should be cut right now so we can sign a real big WR like Dez Bryant. Also fire Pete and John for picking in the draft. Finally, drop a giant nacho cheese infused fart bomb on the Renton HQ so that everyone is miserable.

Hockey Guy":2mjtrm97 said:
He sucks & will be out of football by next year.

Am I doing this contrarian thing right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everyone's talking about DK's touchdown, and it was great........but IMO the play of the game yesterday was his sideline back shoulder catch in overtime. For not only the body control, but the DB scraped his facemask............so that level of concentration with all that going on was a thing of beauty.

So impressed with DK.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":39udshg0 said:

Not bad for a Run Heavy Offense.
Oh and, for those who have said that he needs to work on getting his feet down before going out of bounds?, y'all need to rewatch a couple earlier games where he's been doing just that.

Latest posts