DK ejection - yet another reason to hate the 9ers.

renofox

Reaction score
I just have to repost these since so many continue to say this was a suplex or dirty tackle by DK.

THIS IS A SUPLEX:

Notice how Witherspoon lifted him up THEN slammed him into the ground on his back.

THIS IS NOT A SUPLEX:

Notice how DK DID NOT lift him up. DK was constantly exerting backward and downward force to take Warner to the ground.

See how high above the ground the feet of Witherspoon's victim's were when he was slammed?

Notice that Warner's feet stayed very close to the ground throughout the tackle? That Warner's feet only came off the ground AFTER his body was already heading toward the ground.

Did Warner get taken down hard? Yes, he did. HARD TACKLES HAPPEN. I don't give a f7ck what anybody else says - that was a legal tackle and a bullshit penalty.

Side note: notice the ref 5 yards away watching Warner slamming the back of DK's head. Never called it on Warner or said a f7cking thing in the Ref huddle. @sshole.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Every smart coach would go after a guy that can't control his impulses. Every team knows you can get in this guy's head. DK is the anti-Richard Sherman. His game goes to shit once you start in on him.
No argument on that. As someone who has issues controlling his temper myself at times, especially on an afternoon trip to Wal-Mart, it boils down to ego, maturity and self confidence.

I really hope that DK gets some mental treatment or counseling this off season. Maybe write a book. Smoke some weed, call it medicinal. Something

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
"Report: San Francisco 49ers Incentivized to Make Seattle Seahawks’ D.K. Metcalf ‘Lose His Mind"

And it worked like a charm, they got exactly what they wanted. It's why it annoyed me when everyone was saying they were ok with the penalty this time. They baited him and he fell for it and it hurt the team. He's a grown ass man acting like a little kid.
I’m pretty sure the game was in garbage time, so I doubt it hurt the team. 5-10 years ago there would be no flag… NFL is looking for a bunch of pansy asses to play flag football these days…

renofox

Reaction score
Every smart coach would go after a guy that can't control his impulses. Every team knows you can get in this guy's head. DK is the anti-Richard Sherman. His game goes to shit once you start in on him.
Except for the fact that they didn't "get in his head" until Warner did his dangerous cheap shot to the back of DK's head.

Did the coach offering a bounty ("Christmas Present") encourage Warner to take the dangerous cheap shot?

Human Nature says: "YES".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think DK is largely just frustrated with the current offensive system the last 3 years it is getting to him because he knows he should be among the league elite. You can see it on the sideline. Most good WR's have diva moments or do stupid things..you hope they grow out of it but some might not. Hes got some time left on a decent contract. Imo let him play it out and hopefully he is better utilized with a better game plan or coaching.

Torc

Reaction score
That's fair.

Just really really really hard to overlook the irony of "dirty play".
Only dirty play by today's rules. They pushed the limits of the rules, for sure - like every player on every team does. The rules were tightened up because of the LOB.

Were there dirty plays at times? Probably, people have posted some video of Brandon Browner. But some of the players that got labelled as "dirty", like Kam Chancellor, were guilty of hitting hard. Often when Kam got a personal foul penalty if you look at the replay, he wasn't hitting head to head. At least one of his notorious hits on Vernon Davis drew a 'blow to the head' foul when there was zero head contact.

It's really pretty silly to bring up plays from 10 years ago. Not just because of the rules changes, but Seahawk fans are going to not remember any dirty plays even though there probably are some, and whiner fans are going to remember every single hit as dirty and every incomplete pass as PI.

Warner is playing today. Warner makes plenty of dirty plays including the blow to the back of DK's head that started this whole thing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Not at the time of the tackle.

He did have him in the grasp yes, but the ball was gone by the time he got thrown on the ground.

I'm ok with that, but Warner might not have been.

It's best to have neutral fanbases make a call on this, because if we're being totally honest, there's bias on this on both sides.
LOLOL A 9rs fan comes to 'The Best' Seahawks fan board and thinks we need to have an "Neutral" or un-"Bias" take on a dirty play by Warner?
DK wasn't ejected for that takedown, because it was NOT a dirty play, he was ousted because he was done DIRTY by a chickenshit Warner that CHICKENSHIT Shanahan prompted him to do.
Just remember this, "What Goes Around Comes Around".
An Unnecessary & Chickenshit move by Shanahan...The 9rs already had the game won at that point so WTF did he have to gain by pulling that SHIT?????

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think DK is largely just frustrated with the current offensive system the last 3 years it is getting to him because he knows he should be among the league elite. You can see it on the sideline. Most good WR's have diva moments or do stupid things..you hope they grow out of it but some might not. Hes got some time left on a decent contract. Imo let him play it out and hopefully he is better utilized with a better game plan or coaching.
See, I'd have no problem with the refs getting on his ass if he blows a fuse when someone VERBALLY pushes his button, BUT, for some DANGEROUS, COWARDLY & chickenshit play like Warner did???? HELL NO!! THAT was a justified retaliation.
The fact that Warner wasn't ejected for that DIRTY, cowardly & egregious play, tells ya all you need to know about the Refs Bias towards the 9rs.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They magically leave out the part where DK broke his f'ing neck in College. If someone hit you in the back of the head, would you walk away Niners fans? I highly doubt it.

He's not some wuss that's just gonna' walk away. That hit to the back of his head could have broken his neck again. PERIOD.
But by all mean, downplay it. And for the record, if one of our players did that to someone, I would call them out in a second.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Regardless of who's fault it is, if an opposing coach can use this to their tactical advantage, then it's an issue.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
All I know is DK has a reputation at this point, so the flags aren't going to go his way for any post action play emotions. Life isn't fair, Perception is reality. He needs to learn that too.

Y'all remember Breno? he knew this very well which is why he got in peoples heads but always appeared level headed himself and the flag was always on the other player.

Famous words we have all heard before "you made me mad" "he/she pissed me off"...No..you didn't control your emotions.

MJ was emotional and passionate too, but when he "took that personally" he put the response in his performance...DK would be so much better if he kept that fire, but instead was like alright...I'm going to cut harder, run faster and make you look stupid and break your own ankles on replay...that's how I'm going to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, bending a guy in half by his head is how you "get in someone's head" these days?

Nice. You're just lucky his teammates kept their tails between their legs. In the LOB days, Warner would have ended up on a stretcher.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
But I mean, come on, it's clearly HIS fault and he shoView attachment 62523uld just walk away........... :rolleyes:

Its not his fault....but he should walk away. That's part of being an adult. There are consequences to your actions regardless of fault. Some guy shoves you in front of a cop and you punch him back, guess who's getting arrested by the police officer...YOU. It's not your fault, but now your family has to pay money to bail your ass out and you have an arrest of your record. Consequences. Not fighting back doesn't mean you're a wimp, not fighting back means you understand consequences and how stupid actions like trying to establish your toughness is not worth the risk. It's why a lot of people who are trained fighters will not engage in fights even if someone is asking for it.

DK showed the rest of the NFL that he can't control his temper AND he cost his team his contribution to the field.