Deion Sanders mocking Doug Baldwin.

olyfan63

Reaction score
brimsalabim":nd8apq1q said:
Sarlacc83":nd8apq1q said:
After watching Steve Smith beat Revis, I don't think he's much more than a name anymore.

And Browner will get beat by speed. But if Baldwin and Brandon meet in the middle of the field, I am not picking Doug to win that battle, ya know?

Get beat by what speed? seriously. Brandon will need to slow down in order for Doug to meet him in the middle of the field. Doug can't run a kick off past the 12 yard line and had great difficulty getting separation while being covered by line backers. Doug needs to worry about playing better himself not about Deion or any one else. He made some plays at the end but he needs to play like that the whole game for what he is being paid.

Baldwin is fast enough, but his game isn't straight-line speed. So what if a long-strider like BB would beat him by 5 yards in a 100-yard dash? On the times that BB doesn't jam him well at the LOS, Baldwin will torch BB and get open with his elusiveness. Baldwin will His game is elusive, ankle-breaking cuts and zigs and zags, double moves, getting separation, together with chemistry with Russell Wilson for Russell to know where Doug will be. (Highly similar to St. Largent's game in this way) Baldwin's game translates well against Browner, and I believe it will work well enough against Revis also. Plus the Seattle coaches know Browner well and will set up plays that neutralize his strengths.

Mainly Baldwin needed to be better on kick returns. Let's not let his bad KR judgment influence the view of his WR play. So Baldwin had one (rare) drop. The rest of his WR play was pretty darn good, aight and better.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2v2wy8ad said:
NE has pedestrian WRs too...Their best receiver is TE. I wonder how their ped WRs would do against the LOB. Probably not too well. I guess the mediots can't think of that angle.

Jack Buck was quite disturbing on the play by play...he had Packer drool going from the get go.

Edelman and Lafell are better than any receivers you have on your roster. And they have the best playoff QB of all-time throwing to them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2zka6w3y said:
hawkfan68":2zka6w3y said:
NE has pedestrian WRs too...Their best receiver is TE. I wonder how their ped WRs would do against the LOB. Probably not too well. I guess the mediots can't think of that angle.

Jack Buck was quite disturbing on the play by play...he had Packer drool going from the get go.

Edelman and Lafell are better than any receivers you have on your roster. And they have the best playoff QB of all-time throwing to them.

Both Kearse and Baldwin are outperforming LaFell in the posteason with the equal amount or less targets. Edelman has more catches and targets than them but only has 8 more total yards than Kearse. Baldwin and Kearse have 3 TDs combined while Edelman and LaFell have only 1 thus far. That's with the best playoff QB of all-time (as you say) throwing to them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2014/seasontype/3

So how are Edelman and LaFell better than Baldwin and Kearse again?

Threedee

Reaction score
chris98251":2kovr96o said:
Please, please, piss us off, rant, degrade, insult use anything demeaning you can think of, I want the line sucks, our recievers are mediocore, our DB's are system guys, Wilson is a Manager and can't win it when you put the game on his shoulders, Lynch is a problem child and is selfish.

Pile it on guys, you have two week, we know Bill and Brady walk on water.

Albeit water that's been slightly depressurized to help out the passing game.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
A couple of things here.

Deion is right. They are alright WR. No one is going to beat down their door to have them start for them. But you know what? That doesn't matter. They're alright WR's but they're quality football players who get jobs done. They don't have to be fantastic WR's.

Doug Baldwin needs to care a whole heck of a lot less about that stuff. I'm sorry that he's upset that people aren't going to mention him in the same breath as Calvin Johnson or AJ Green but he simply isn't that quality of a WR.

But he's a good football player who gets his job done and that's all that matters in the NFL. He's going to have another ring most likely after the Superbowl in two weeks. So, seriously, what's better? Being a 2-time champion or if Deion Sanders or someone else will talk about you in the same breath as obviously better WR's?

This is a no brainer to me.

On top of that this will be a big of a tough match up for the Seahawks WR's to win these match ups but the good thing for the Hawks is that I believe the Hawks running game will kill New England and I don't think that the Patriots will have enough pass rush to do anything. So DB and Kearse are going to get their chances. It's a pretty interesting match up all the same.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34ddkzmz said:
I don't get why everyone on here has a problem with Primetime.....I'm sure most people on here were thinking the exact thing Deion said when we were down 12 points with 5 minutes left in the game. I was at a bar and multiple Hawks fans were angry with the Hawks WR core, including myself.

As much as I love Doug and Kearse and our WR's, Cris Carter and Deion are right. They're mediocre WR's. However, they make the most out of their opportunities. But it's not Doug or Jermaine's fault, when they were originally brought in a couple years ago they were suppose to be the #3 and #4 WR.

I have no problem with Deion at all. That's why I love Deion, he speaks his mind. People on here who don't like his comments are just homers. I'd much rather here Deion speak his mind than be like every media pundit who just says the norm.

This. I don't get why some are getting so fired up about it and calling Sanders names.

Deion has said he has love for the Seahawks.

He was one of the first to support Wilson and get on his bangwagon. "Last name Wilson" on all the highlights and he points a lot out.

He loves the LOB and gives them nothing but praise.

He also respects Lynch and I think he was very respectful and intelligent on how he got that inteview last year. He's one of the few guys that could pull Lynch out of his shell.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What exactly has Prime done to warrant all this grief?

Call our receivers, "alright"?

If you were a neutral media pundit, how would you review Seattle's receivers?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16rp031q said:

No one worth their football intelligence would call our receiving core anything other than average, especially now with so many injuries to our TE's and receivers.

But if clinging onto every morsel of negative comments for self motivation is what it takes to keep Doug angry, then I say bring it on Deion!

pehawk

Reaction score
Deion was giving the same opinion most of us give about our WR's on this board, daily. The handwringing and whining over anything anyone is as embarrassing as asking other "12's" to sponsor your season tickets.

"OMG, did you hear what that senior girl said about us!!! Like, yeah, what a ho!" - That's you, Ladies.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
HeatEquation":27194ev5 said:
Being "aight" should be a compliment to Doug Baldwin. Actually, "aight" might be a bit too generous.
To say your contribution here and perhaps in life is "aight" is far from generous. Just pathetic.

On topic this WR core needs a big time WR, target, to help out. A big guy like a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson would not only do this offense wonders, but would elevate Doug and Kearse.
I think Deon is annoying as F, but he is not necessarily wrong either.

Smellyman

Reaction score
blue 22":33g8bisx said:
I honestly think ADB needs to chill and stop being sensitive. who cares what the analysts say. russell wilson been doubted his whole life and you never see him freak out. whatever floats your boat I guess.

it is getting annoying

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":42zvrl71 said:

He slept with half the female significant others of .NET members, just like Golden Tate did. Really, it's the only feasible explanation for this level of pettiness from so many "beloved members" of our forum.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kjreid":3bx47e4r said:
Browner and revis are pretty darn good!!! They will be tough!!

But Seattle know's all of Browner's weaknesses, I'd expect him to have several defensive holding penalties.

The PATS defense is ok, they got carved up by a average Raven's offense. I can't wait to see how we do with 2 weeks to prepare. The extra time will be critical for both teams.

LTH

Reaction score
Deion doesnt really get it... both Kearse and Baldwin are average recievers? (ok tell us the obvious) they Have success because they are used in ways that play to their strengths... They play better than maybe they are thought of nationally because they believe in their ability's (ok more of the obvious) Which actually make them extraordinary... Deion knows that if he gets a reaction out of them it puts himself in the spot light... ok what ever...thats where Deion likes to be..

This team doesnt care if they win because Kearse has a great game or Ryan throws a TD pass or if it is some young player like Norwood who steps up and makes a play that no one thinks is possible...

I say Deion needs to use some mens hair dye on his beard... or better yet shave it... and for goodness sake get some cool sunglasses!

LTH

Reaction score
Deion doesnt really get it... both Kearse and Baldwin are average recievers? (ok tell us the obvious) they Have success because they are used in ways that play to their strengths... They play better than maybe they are thought of nationally because they believe in their ability's (ok more of the obvious) Which actually make them extraordinary... Deion knows that if he gets a reaction out of them it puts himself in the spot light... ok what ever...thats where Deion likes to be..

This team doesnt care if they win because Kearse has a great game or Ryan throws a TD pass or if it is some young player like Norwood who steps up and makes a play that no one thinks is possible...

I say Deion needs to use some mens hair dye on his beard... or better yet shave it... and for goodness sake get some cool sunglasses!

pehawk

Reaction score
LTH":14adxl5o said:

Concise, lucid, brilliant post. Probably post of the year. And yes I know there's 11 months left in 2015.

We should all strive to be less like Deion and more like LTH.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":27e2jeh6 said:
blue 22":27e2jeh6 said:
I honestly think ADB needs to chill and stop being sensitive. who cares what the analysts say. russell wilson been doubted his whole life and you never see him freak out. whatever floats your boat I guess.

it is getting annoying

He can yap all he wants if it gives him an edge. I'm getting sick of it personally, but I don't matter. I just don't listen to or watch his interviews.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HeatEquation":mefgm2pw said:
morgulon1":mefgm2pw said:
kjreid":mefgm2pw said:
Browner and revis are pretty darn good!!! They will be tough!!

Im sure the Seahawks are putting a game plan together as we speak. Those two wont matter.

Neither will LOB.

HeatEquation, we have a forum for smack talk on this board.
Smack shack!!! You can smack talk all you want there. The main forum is for x's, o's, football knowledge and respect, which you obviously do not have.

hawkfansince76

Reaction score
MeatElation can try his best to convince himself that Beavis and Browner are all that, against our "aight" receivers.
Reavis has seen better days,(see Champ Bailey), and Browner, well, he's no longer a Hawk not from Cap space, we threw that baby out with the bongwater.
While I will agree that Brady is one of the best of all time, that was then, this is now, and his lack of mobility (see Payton Manning) will probably not end well.
I think a Kam v. Gronk has much worse outcome for NE than BB v. ADB.
C'mon Patsie troll, up your game.

Go Hawks!

CANHawk

Reaction score
It's just Doug stoking the fire with whatever kindling he can find. It's what he does, and it works for him. Thanks for the assist Prime.

As for BB... Paul Richardson would have neutered him. too bad he's out. However, I think Lock's speed should take advantage of BB if he can get him to bite on the double move (like he ALWAYS does). I expect Lock to be a big factor in the passing game.