Day 3 NFL Draft Discussion. Let's get it started!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why trade down 13 spots for a 7th rounder that has .01% chance of making the team or doing anything, definitely the first negative move of this draft. Quality over quantity for a rebuild.
Fifth rounders also have pretty remote chances of being difference makers, so I'm not sure the logic holds that quantity is bad here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't really keep up with the college game/players but according to the ESPN best available by draft grade Sam Howell is has the highest draft grade by at least 7-8 points of the closest player and is the only one rated in the 80's left at an 85.

I know from what little I have looked through he was in the handful of qb's jt seemed there was a consensus on possibly getting a shit somewhere. Seems mechanics are an issue but coaching could fix that and seems he has the best deep ball of anybody in this draft?
He reminds many of a discount Russ. RPO QB with a great deep ball who scrambles and keeps his eyes downfield. However, a whopping 10% worse completion rating in his final college year and all of the same drawbacks that people around here are used to complaining about. Not good at diagnosing defenses, throwing over the middle, or making contested passes. Also more turnover prone than Russ was. Not a terrible gamble with a 5th round pick but if Russ wasn't a great fit in this offense then Howell would probably be much worse.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would have preferred we had taken Kinnard at 145. He was slated to move inside and could have been a quality Guard for us. Will see what happens at 153.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow, we are absolutely nailing this draft! Freaking love it!! I am so stoked right now. I doubt we will be good this year because of our current QB situation but wow have we laid the ground work for the future.

Decimation

Reaction score
Great pick in Woolen. I’m in love with this draft! Anyone else looking forward to the preseason? I haven’t been this excited from the draft in quite some time.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, 6'4" CB with major wheels. Great pick on potential alone! I think his bare minimum floor is your best special teams player, an elite gunner too. He has a chance to start at outside CB if Pete can get all his potential out of him. Great 5th round pick!