Day 3 NFL Draft Discussion. Let's get it started!

Echawks

Reaction score
Its definitely weird thinking we are going into training camp with an actual o line

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Really pleased with this no-nonsense draft orchestrated by our FO. Nice to see our needs being addressed (for the most part) with BPA. Win-win.

Sadly we've come to the grabass part of the draft where the picks are being over shadowed by gimmicks, fluff and way too many redundant commercials. At least on NFL net. I hate it when these producers lose sight of the fact that this is the biggest day of most of these kids lives.
They don’t lose sight, they just don’t give a s__t. Their job is to make money for their broadcast not make 6th round picks happy.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's worth pointing out there have been some really good prospects to go as compensatory selections. The 5th round compensatory picks were LB Damone Clark, TE James Mitchell, DT John Ridgeway, and EDGE Kingsley Enagbare.

Just something to remember the next time somebody claims a late compensatory round pick doesn't matter.

sutz

Reaction score
It's worth pointing out there have been some really good prospects to go as compensatory selections. The 5th round compensatory picks were LB Damone Clark, TE James Mitchell, DT John Ridgeway, and EDGE Kingsley Enagbare.

Just something to remember the next time somebody claims a late compensatory round pick doesn't matter.
Doug Baldwin was a UDFA IIRC. :)

Chuckwow

Reaction score
They don’t lose sight, they just don’t give a s__t. Their job is to make money for their broadcast not make 6th round picks happy.
That pertinent to the advertising side, for sure you're right, and I respect that they have to do that. But their job is also to make me happy or I tune out (like I did for the past hour). I'd be much happier watching Matt Araiza boot a 90 yd punt than watching some mute blue dude manipulate a weed blower.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Bo Melton is a small athletic guy 5'11" 189lbs (9.23 RAS).

PFN's blurb:
Once upon a time, size was a prerequisite for receiving success in the NFL. But as the game has evolved, teams have diversified their desires at the position. Tyreek Hill has shown that speed kills, and if you can get open with speed, you’re a valuable commodity. Melton isn’t on Hill’s level. Nonetheless, he showcases excellent speed, with a late-4.3-second 40-yard dash possible when he attends the 2022 NFL Combine.

Yet, Melton’s athletic ability isn’t solely predicated on long speed. The Rutgers WR can accelerate with impressive suddenness. You can routinely see him deceiving defenders with a jogging pace that explodes into a sprint that leaves them yards behind. Additionally, he possesses decent lateral agility and change-of-direction ability. He uses these tools to separate as a route runner, but he also becomes a dangerous weapon after the catch.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty optimistic about this pick, think he might be a diamond in the rough

AgentDib

Reaction score
Time for a center
If you really want a center, Alec Lindstrom is still on the board after being mocked as high as the third round by some. To me the center thing is very overblown around here though.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Love it. Should be an upgrade to Penny Hart and provide returner upgrade. Damn fast. Solid. Great foot speed and stutter step. Surprised me.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I know nothing about the kid but his bio is solid. Smart player from athletic parents. Super quick, shifty and can also carry the ball. I look forward to seeing him return kicks (etc).

Latest posts