Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
randomation":173xz3aj said:
Anthony!":173xz3aj said:
randomation":173xz3aj said:
Since we are going insane let's make it extra crazy he is going to trade him to the Pats for Brady since Brady is cheaper then Brady will die behind out line while Wilson wins 4 in a row with Satan.

the cap hit difference between Rw and Brady is only 600K. FYI RW is 18th on the list and Brady 19th

I was being sarcastic.

I figured but Rw supposedly being one of the top Cap hits for any Qb has been mentioned so I thought I would use your post to get ahead of it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's how the Hawks won early.. low QB salary.. we got lucky and found a performer.. That option is few and far between.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Without Russell, this team is the Jeff Fisher Rams.

It took 35 years to find a franchise quarterback, and I don’t want to wait 35 more

getnasty

Reaction score
Bobblehead":ujbikayn said:
It's how the Hawks won early.. low QB salary.. we got lucky and found a performer.. That option is few and far between.

Sounds kind of like what the Eagles and Rams are doing too.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":5w7rwlfg said:
Bobblehead":5w7rwlfg said:

And yet the Pats, NO, Panthers, Pitt, ATL and others have found a way to build around their franchise QBs and still win. So it comes down to do you take the chance you can find lightning in a bottle a 2nd time or do you build around that lightning you have now. For me its simple you stay will the known and build around them, something we have not done yet.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":yaqcvfiq said:
getnasty":yaqcvfiq said:
Bobblehead":yaqcvfiq said:

And yet the Pats, NO, Panthers, Pitt, ATL and others have found a way to build around their franchise QBs and still win. So it comes down to do you take the chance you can find lightning in a bottle a 2nd time or do you build around that lightning you have now. For me its simple you stay will the known and build around them, something we have not done yet.

Jags and Vikings might disagree with you. If the Browns called and offered the 1st, 6th and 33rd picks in the draft I'm listening.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RW is on pace to break every Seahawk passing record despite the mountains of adversity he has faced. There is no valid reason to trade him.

getnasty

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3nuum4bx said:
RW is on pace to break every Seahawk passing record despite the mountains of adversity he has faced. There is no valid reason to trade him.

We're going to miss the playoffs, who cares?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":32t5iclr said:

Only stat that matter is SB victories.

Early in the season I was worried about all of Russ's non-football commitments. I want a team that is hungry, one with that chip on their shoulder. We have learned that money does something to these guys. It's no wonder New England trades guys while their value is high and chooses not to resign anyone for top dollar.

I'd try trading some other guys before Wilson but as someone else mentioned if Cleveland gave us two early firsts and they early 2nd I'd be happy.

How about
Sherman for a 1st
Bennett for a 3rd or 4th
Kam for a 3rd or 4th

Let Graham (3rd), Sheldon (3rd), and P Richardson (5th) and Jockel (6th) all walk and net us major comp picks the following season.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
getnasty":7qz657wl said:
Anthony!":7qz657wl said:
getnasty":7qz657wl said:
Bobblehead":7qz657wl said:

Jags and Vikings might disagree with you. If the Browns called and offered the 1st, 6th and 33rd picks in the draft I'm listening.

A) you are willing to listen to the Browns, so there is that.
B) you are using Jags and Vikings single REGULAR SEASON success as a way to advocate the idea of trading Wilson, an MVP level talent. You are Indicating the cheap QB model is the way to go. Except, those two teams have done nothing. Go win a SB, then come back with that noise. Also, Case Keenum and Bortles likely to get paaaaaid if they do even win one playoff game. Then what? Try to win with someone else the next year? QBs are not just plug and play. Taking a chance on the entire season with a cheap QB is incredibly risky. Don’t care how good your defense and run game is.

getnasty

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":10fbjaz3 said:
getnasty":10fbjaz3 said:
Anthony!":10fbjaz3 said:
getnasty":10fbjaz3 said:

B) you are using Jags and Vikings single REGULAR SEASON success as a way to advocate the idea of trading Wilson, an MVP level talent. You are Indicating the cheap QB model is the way to go. Except, those two teams have done nothing. Go win a SB, then come back with that noise. Also, Case Keenum and Bortles likely to get paaaaaid if they do even win one playoff game. Then what? Try to win with someone else the next year? QBs are not just plug and play. Taking a chance on the entire season with a cheap QB is incredibly risky. Don’t care how good your defense and run game is.

I'm saying it's how we won our Superbowl. Let's say we trade Russ to the Browns and they give us Myles Garrett we draft Barkley and Mayfield with the other two picks we get. Then you go take the 17 million in cap space and add a couple of pieces on the OL. I'm just spitballin here someone has to advocate for trading him. Your right once the Rams and Eagles have to pay there quarterbacks they be making decision like were making. Let's see how they look when you can't sign a Whitworth or Fletcher Cox and other.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
getnasty":6dkomjsb said:
Anthony!":6dkomjsb said:
getnasty":6dkomjsb said:
Bobblehead":6dkomjsb said:

All those teams mention have a running game. That is the difference. With a running game this team could of been looking at over 11 wins even with Blair Walsh's missed field goals.

I doubt they would ever trade Wilson to the Browns. They would listen to where he would want to go first before ever giving that option. If it was to happen, I could see Wilson going to the Steelers if Big Ben retires, him and Antonio Brown would make a crazy duo. Maybe even to the Giants if Eli will go somewhere else.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Trade Wilson? Don't ever go full you know what.. that might literally be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

getnasty

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3mrmsojs said:
getnasty":3mrmsojs said:
Anthony!":3mrmsojs said:
getnasty":3mrmsojs said:

All those teams mention have a running game. That is the difference. With a running game this team could of been looking at over 11 wins even with Blair Walsh's missed field goals.

I doubt they would ever trade Wilson to the Browns. They would listen to where he would want to go first before ever giving that option. If it was to happen, I could see Wilson going to the Steelers if Big Ben retires, him and Antonio Brown would make a crazy duo. Maybe even to the Giants if Eli will go somewhere else.

We had a running game when we weren't paying for a QB.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
getnasty":n54k8c1c said:
Coug_Hawk08":n54k8c1c said:
getnasty":n54k8c1c said:
Anthony!":n54k8c1c said:

I'm saying it's how we won our Superbowl. Let's say we trade Russ to the Browns and they give us Myles Garrett we draft Barkley and Mayfield with the other two picks we get. Then you go take the 17 million in cap space and add a couple of pieces on the OL. I'm just spitballin here someone has to advocate for trading him. Your right once the Rams and Eagles have to pay there quarterbacks they be making decision like were making. Let's see how they look when you can't sign a Whitworth or Fletcher Cox and other.

And I am saying it’s a rare occurrence to win that way — especially for the same franchise two times in a row. Draft is a crap shoot. Sounds fun on paper, but can not be assured the players will be successful in the NFL or even if they are, how many years does it take, and by that time your defense ages completely out etc. and the. It changes the model. the most surefire way to stay consistently competitive is to have a franchise QB. Soooooo many teams would absolutely kill to have RW, and we are sitting here talking about getting rid of him. Hsu is a hormonal dude starting a bunch of garbage on the back of arguments made of Swiss cheese.

Also, re the Vikings, let’s not pretend that Bradford (draft and $$$) was not their first option. They lucked into a previously mediocre QB playing well on the cheap. It wasn’t their plan or model.

getnasty

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":ilopfo7j said:
getnasty":ilopfo7j said:
Coug_Hawk08":ilopfo7j said:
getnasty":ilopfo7j said:

And I am saying it’s a rare occurrence to win that way — especially for the same franchise two times in a row. Draft is a crap shoot. Sounds fun on paper, but can not be assured the players will be successful in the NFL or even if they are, how many years does it take, and by that time your defense ages completely out etc. and the. It changes the model. the most surefire way to stay consistently competitive is to have a franchise QB. Soooooo many teams would absolutely kill to have RW, and we are sitting here talking about getting rid of him. Hsu is a hormonal dude starting a bunch of garbage on the back of arguments made of Swiss cheese.

I don't disagree with you but it's fun to play the game and I'm not 100% against the idea.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
He can be traded to the Vikings, I would love that :D

It would be like a guaranteed 2 superbowls

Atradees

Reaction score
We could get three first round picks for Russell Wilson wich we could turn into 23 5th round pick with several trades down and land ourselves one heck of a practice squad.

The simple truth is the draft magic is gone. No amount of picks will guarantee a franchise qb like Wilson.

Latest posts