Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

randomation

Reaction score
Put Russ on the Browns they are in the playoffs flat out and probably contenders. They have a line they have Flash they have Duke they have a decent D that is young and getting better. Those 1sts and 2nds would turn into 20s at best likely high 20s. Hell Russ on the Browns might be better set up than he would be on the Hawks purely due to having an actual line and no Tom Cable.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":46lkd2nx said:
I mean if the Browns offered all their first and second round draft picks for the next two drafts, you’d have to at least consider it.

And dink around with four more Ifedis and Carpenters while Wilson goes over there and gets mismanaged into oblivion? Nah. I'm good.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1njjzckv said:
CalgaryHawk":1njjzckv said:
I mean if the Browns offered all their first and second round draft picks for the next two drafts, you’d have to at least consider it.

And dink around with four more Ifedis and Carpenters while Wilson goes over there and gets mismanaged into oblivion? Nah. I'm good.

I thought the Browns had 2 first round picks this year, and had accumulated some seconds also, so I was assuming we’d be getting 7 or 8 picks in the first 2 rounds, not just 4. Agree that 4 picks isn’t enough value though.

mistaowen

Reaction score
You don't trade a franchise QB and leave a gigantic void for yourself just because 'lots of draft picks.' Who steps in for Russell? Draft someone and deal with the learning curve? What if they don't work out? Then you just got rid of a guy who is a proven winner improving every season entering his prime and are looking at a 3 win season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trading him would go down as the worst trade in history, -22 percent chance that would ever happen. Davis Poo is really reaching for clicks these days :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You guys are crazy.

Montana is the best QB of all time and it is not even close.

Remember that Brady is the recipient of quite a few rule changes that made it a lot easier on QBs. A lot easier to the tune of almost 50-100 yds of extra passing yards in a game.

Additionally, QBs did not have near the safety/protections they had when Montana was QB.

But I think the real answer was I watched Montana with the Chiefs singlehandedly beat one of the best football teams I ever saw, which was a Juggernaut Oilers team that absolutely dominated the Cowboys team (and near everyone else that year) that won the SB. They were going to walk to the SB and Montana and some guy name Byrd shut them down.

Montana was still a world beater as a "too old" castoff on a much worse team.

Brady won more but Montana vs Brady wouldn't be close with today's rules. A lot of rule changes had to go in before Brady could get all those passes to the SB.

getnasty

Reaction score
It would have to be like Myles Garrett, 1st overall, 4th overall and 33nd overall. Which would turn into Myles Garrett, Lamar Jackson, Bradley Chubb and Derris Guice at 33. If you don't like Jackson trade out of 1 and draft Baker Mayfield. Not advocating just spitballing

adeltaY

Reaction score
And what was Brady supposed to do about those rules? You play with what you're given. Rodgers is more talented than Brady as were Montana and Young and many others but Brady has been more successful for longer in the salary cap era so he's the GOAT. Clearly he's not the most physically talented. He was a sixth rounder for a reason.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
RussB":1nefg8rn said:
Ambrose83":1nefg8rn said:
I'll never understand the Brady Goat talk.. his team has gone 14-5 in 19 games hes missed... he is the epitome of a system qb.... always has been.. never hurt that his div has basically been trash save for 2 years when the jets were good. He doesn't carry that team.. he is simply extremely good at running that system . Numbers don t lie .
hes a great QB in a great system, what happened when he wasnt the starter that one year ? They didnt win shit. Brady is the greatest of all time and the clutchest QB of all time. Hes exactly what you want in a franchise QB. Sure he has a great system and a great coach as well but that just makes him even better and thats why him and belichick have so many rings together.

Brady is legit the GOAT.

Lol they have won 14 out of 20 games he has missed.... take Russ off the hawks and put Davis in there... we win maybe 5 of 20... that proves it's the system.. when you can plug and play qbs and still have a high winning percentage that says it all .

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Brady is both one of the greatest of all time, and also overrated. He has ALWAYS had great protection. I can draw several clips of him holding onto the ball for 5 seconds. He's always had a great system. Even with average receivers, they're always open in space. Brady doesn't have to make as many pin point accurate throws as Aaron Rodgers does

Also reputation factors in. Brady won his first 3 Super Bowls with a LOT of help. He didn't carry them to wins. In fact, in every Super Bowl he's won it seems like the other team finds a way to beat themselves. He also won those Super Bowls at times throwing for as little as 150 yards

It's a shame. Had we run it in with Beast Mode for that second Super Bowl, people would look at what Russell's done the last 3 seasons and not even question whether he's an elite QB. Brady was truly elevated into ELITE status after the Randy Moss perfect season. That season validated those 3 Super Bowls where he didn't do much

Same for Big Ben. He did didly squat against us in that Super Bowl. But his subsequent playoff appearances earned him top 6 consideration

DrDix

Reaction score
Please read my two points and then lock this ridiculous thread.

1: A franchise QB is the absolute hardest player to find in the NFL.

2: Russell Wilson is a franchise QB. And some people would listen to an offer for some amazing high draft picks!! Because those are definitely a guarantee of success, just look at the Browns! High draft pick year after year. Oh wait you're telling me that team continues to be trash year after year? With a revolving door at what position? QB? No way, how ironic.

Since Wilson has entered the league, no QB has played in more Super Bowls than him.

Stop this nonsense.

NINEster

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3f48ov4t said:
You guys are crazy.

Montana is the best QB of all time and it is not even close.

Remember that Brady is the recipient of quite a few rule changes that made it a lot easier on QBs. A lot easier to the tune of almost 50-100 yds of extra passing yards in a game.

Additionally, QBs did not have near the safety/protections they had when Montana was QB.

But I think the real answer was I watched Montana with the Chiefs singlehandedly beat one of the best football teams I ever saw, which was a Juggernaut Oilers team that absolutely dominated the Cowboys team (and near everyone else that year) that won the SB. They were going to walk to the SB and Montana and some guy name Byrd shut them down.

Montana was still a world beater as a "too old" castoff on a much worse team.

Brady won more but Montana vs Brady wouldn't be close with today's rules. A lot of rule changes had to go in before Brady could get all those passes to the SB.

All of this.

That Oilers team also beat the Steve Young Niners 10-7 at home that year. They were an AFC team good enough to win a super bowl in an NFC dominated decade but inferior teams like the Bills surpassed them.

And a reminder about comparing stats -- Brady wins GOAT discussions based on longevity, which should be respected and accounted for.

But if we look at their first ten seasons as entrenched starters, it doesn't seem as GOAT like for one of them:

1981 - 1990 : Montana, 4-0 in SBs
2001 - 2010: Brady, 3-1 in SBs

After 1990, Montana was no longer a starting Niner QB due to injury. He would miss all of 1991 and essentially all of 1992 to injury. He only played two real seasons after the Leonard Marshall hit.

As for Brady, it took him four more seasons to match the 4th ring in 2014.

If Brady's career ended anywhere up to 2013, 2014, he wouldn't be thought of quite as highly. Those Brady GOAT talks really didn't even appear until after he beat the Seahawks, since there was a period of time people had to be convinced he was even better than Peyton Manning!

So while Brady didn't have to contend with harder rules, he did benefit from being able to play longer which allowed the stats to continue growing. No f'n way Thomas Brady plays to 40 years old back in the day.

Meanwhile, Montana fans have to contend with how guys with far less rings were better than him.....Elway, Marino, Young, Favre, etc.

Brady gets a pass for whatever f'n reason. 5 > 4, but 4 is not > 2, 0, 1, etc. :roll:

Vesuve

Reaction score
AgentDib":3bloa1t1 said:
He's a blogger who likes to get notoriety by making up sources and having edgy hot takes on things.

He's another netizen blowing hot air......

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Hsu??? This guy is an idiot. Neither Russell nor PC will be gone. I hate it when people post crap like this for the sake of being contrary. PC will coach here until he decides to retire. Russell is not going anywhere. To suggest different is being totally ignorant.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Hsu??? This guy is an idiot. Neither Russell nor PC will be gone. I hate it when people post crap like this for the sake of being contrary. PC will coach here until he decides to retire. Russell is not going anywhere. To suggest different is being totally ignorant.