D.K. Mental

JPatera76

Reaction score
Passion is great. Learning to control it is paramount. If you can't, your passion to win can contribute to losing.

What concerned me was his post game interview. He was borderline delusional. Said it was just a typical block because he never takes a play off. Says his mistake was he wasn't being careful in his verbal retaliation because they always "catch the second guy".
I mean “catch the second guy” yeah.. he responded to the rams defense and sideline talking shit and getting pissy after a Witherspoon sold a shove and made it look like it was way more violent than a damn tackle. Lol The offiicials couldve calmed down the rams sideline and defense but chose not to.

No different than last yr y’all jumped DK’s shit when the ref in the bucs game threw a flag on him after he was walking back to the formation when they should’ve thrown it on the bucs. I remember the play as the ref FOLLOWED DK back to the huddle jabbering his jaw at DK.

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that DK had any remorse for his actions yesterday. Even after coach Carroll pulled him aside to talk. This is very telling. I had thought that Wagner returning would help set DK down the right path. Guess not.
DK's behavior here has been going on for years. I don't know who can get through to him at this point.

He didn't lose the game for us yesterday, it was a team effort, but whatever slight chance we had for a comeback was extinguished by that penalty.

His passion is great, his athleticism extraordinary, but if this junk continues, and I suspect it will, I have to believe it's time to part company at the end of the season. Get what we can for him in a trade. Maybe some other team can fix his head.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I’m with you. When it comes down to it, well-disciplined teams and players don’t engage in this silliness.

But…I can surely understand it.

My comment about wanting to win doesn’t excuse the damage it inflicts on the team.

And….spot on! That comes from the top down.
We used to have guys that could make the other teams players lose their minds and commit stupid penalties.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
At this point, opposing teams know that they can bait DK into doing something stupid. It is part of the game plan.
Been saying this for a fair bit. Want to take DK out of the equation? have your DB's start trash talking him, he will nuke himself and the team at the same time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He needs to find a way to turn off his natural aggressiveness when it is the right thing to do.

Frankly at least he was showing the whole opposition he was frustrated and wanted to win.

The team captains need to chat with him as he hurt the whole team.

Jobla

Reaction score
We should trade Metcalf while he might still have some value remaining. I have a feeling that much of our payroll is being spend on Metcalf, Jamal Adams, and Dee Eskridge. Some major dead weight there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Look.

If he had been doing this throughout the game, and it hurt a drive that prevented us from keeping up? Sure, I can understand some concern.

But this is stupid. Lots of things to be upset about. DK is low on the list. Repeat offender or not.

He did it at a time when the game was out of reach. The game was basically over, and any drive by us (successful or not) wouldn't matter. He didn't kill an important drive, or even an unimportant drive. It happened on a MEANINGLESS drive in the 4th quarter.

Probably after hearing that chirping all game, got tired of it and decided to put someone on the ground. I'm actually glad he did. Weirded out that some of you aren't.

But I like WRs that make hard blindside blocks when the game is out of reach and the defense just needs to shut up.

DK needs to just keep doing what he is doing. Score TDs and put defenders into the ground.

BTW be careful what you wish for. DK seems the best player on this team by a fair margin. He is the only field-tilter. He may now be the only star, given how Tyler is getting up in age now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's fine. But if he was to get suspended, or kicked out of a game, then it absolutely WILL hurt the team. I have fought that tooth and nail, but at this point, it's really a good point people are making. I just would like to see the guy grow up a little. And he's one of my favorite players on the team.
There absolutely has been times where it was like........damn, he's lucky he didn't get tossed. Great that he hasn't, but man.
Love the passion, getting a little tired of the tantrums that's all. Then again, I'm not pi**ed at the guy, it is what it is.
Go back to getting the corners out of their game, just smile at them and walk back to the huddle. That sh** is hilarious, in a good way.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Metcalf has now been penalized eight times for either unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting or disqualification. That’s the most in the NFL since he debuted in 2019.

Accountability matters.

Should be repercussions for a person's actions.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's a great player, but not a great team player. He's hurting the team with his immaturity, and if he doesn't stop it, immediately, then I see no reason to keep him. Reminds me of lots of other head cases in that regard. I would give him a very short leash. Another display like that and it's time to package him for picks and move on. Strike ten and he's out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have a feeling his teammates and coaches would disagree. They are the only ones who truly know if he's a great teammate or not.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm reminded as to the many reasons why Tyler Locket is a team captain and a foundation player.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like DK's attitude. Need more players like him with a chip on their shoulder.

2013 had Baldwin, Tate, Browner, Giocamini, Bennet, and Sherman. All those guys were a bit nasty.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete for all his assets as a HC, has never been good at reining in this sort of negative behavior. He couldn't with Marshawn, he couldn't with Percy, he couldn't with Earl, he couldn't with Sherman. Doug, Bennett, any of them.

It's the double edge sword of his "let the players be themselves" style of coaching.

So as much as a lot of fans including myself think DK's a punk when he does this crap is not a good look? It's year 4, so it's pretty clear it's not going to change......and either is his coach in how he handles it.

Jville

Reaction score

Fenderbender123

I like DK's attitude. Need more players like him with a chip on their shoulder.

2013 had Baldwin, Tate, Browner, Giocamini, Bennet, and Sherman. All those guys were a bit nasty.

Brandon Browner rag dolled everyone he faced.

Browner was the Al Woods of corner backs.

The league has changed.

It may suspend DK eventually.

Curious to find out whether there is a fine for that helmet to helmet hit on Locket.

We'll see.

Latest posts