D.K. Mental

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Last season officials flagged him for eight penalties, the most on any receiver in the NFL in 2022. He is off to another banner year. He could have gotten away with that cheap shot yesterday if he had just shut up. But noooooo.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He cares a ton. But I'm not giving him a pass. And it's no secret I'm a big DK fan. That crap is unacceptable. Period.
And those who have said he is hurting the team? Unfortunately, they're right. His tantrums when the team loses and/or are getting outplayed are doing nothing to help the team.
Don't tell us you're trying to grow up etc. Do it. I'm sick of sticking up for the guy, if this this is just going to keep happening every damn year.
Be a leader, follow how Tyler goes about things. GROW UP.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
He needs to be coached. Pete is not a disciplinarian and it has hurt this team. How many times has he done this already? It’s not a one off incident, it’s a trend.
I’m with you. When it comes down to it, well-disciplined teams and players don’t engage in this silliness.

But…I can surely understand it.

My comment about wanting to win doesn’t excuse the damage it inflicts on the team.

And….spot on! That comes from the top down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love the guy, I have his jersey, I stick up for him all the time. But as pi**ed as I am today about this game, I just can't with this guy right now..........
Enough, DK, wake the f up and be a man, be a leader, be a great teammate. I love the passion and how much he wants to win. You CAN have that without tantrums.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Last season officials flagged him for eight penalties, the most on any receiver in the NFL in 2022. He is off to another banner year. He could have gotten away with that cheap shot yesterday if he had just shut up. But noooooo.
Again, in another thread I said he should have been benched for this type of shit a couple of years ago.

It's been left to fester - under the "everyone needs the freedom to be themselves" banner. But it's toxic. And it spreads.

Say what you want about the situation, and DK in general - but did anyone see after the 'incident'? DK on the sidelines and a couple of benches full of dudes looking directly at him for leadership and a response. It was interesting to see. Toxic leadership will have toxic results eventually.

I don't want him to get away with cheap shots - want them to stop.

Wish he could get his head on straight - but I think we're too far gone for that. If PC was gonna do anything, it would already have been done.

I wonder if DK's got a mini suspension coming from the league for this or just a fine?

Too cool for school. And the other thread about DK being a first ballot HOF inductee? Humorous.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that DK had any remorse for his actions yesterday. Even after coach Carroll pulled him aside to talk. This is very telling. I had thought that Wagner returning would help set DK down the right path. Guess not.

Well, I was blocking. I guess I blocked him a little too hard and pushed him to the ground and he got up mad because he felt like I blocked him in the back. But I mean, that’s just how I play. I block every play when I don’t have the ball and I’m never taking a play off or jogging, trying to take a play off. So that’s what transpired.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Again, in another thread I said he should have been benched for this type of shit a couple of years ago.

It's been left to fester - under the "everyone needs the freedom to be themselves" banner. But it's toxic. And it spreads.

Say what you want about the situation, and DK in general - but did anyone see after the 'incident'? DK on the sidelines and a couple of benches full of dudes looking directly at him for leadership and a response. It was interesting to see. Toxic leadership will have toxic results eventually.

I don't want him to get away with cheap shots - want them to stop.

Wish he could get his head on straight - but I think we're too far gone for that. If PC was gonna do anything, it would already have been done.

I wonder if DK's got a mini suspension coming from the league for this or just a fine?

Too cool for school. And the other thread about DK being a first ballot HOF inductee? Humorous.
It would only be a possible suspension if he laid the guy out with a big hit. Fine definitely. The team needs to do something if there's to be a suspension. Sit him for a game, let Bobo show what he can do. Dude should've had a TD but Geno didn't see him. DK should've never seen the field for the rest of the game. He does this too often and clearly hasn't learned.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Maturity issues aside, you would think a guy with the size, speed and strength of DK would be dominate. But he disappears in games, or the coaches just can't figure out a way to feature him in this offense.

Some people compare him to Megatron? Yeah, no.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
[Image: Alonzo-Mourning.gif]

JPatera76

Reaction score
Y’all are funny… damned if he does damned if he doesn’t with this board. Lol

😂

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guilty. I'm a huge DK fan. But this kind of crap isn't just OK. A few times, sure. But now it does look like a pattern.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'll take the occasional penalty with all else his passion provides. I hope he never changes.
Passion is great. Learning to control it is paramount. If you can't, your passion to win can contribute to losing.

What concerned me was his post game interview. He was borderline delusional. Said it was just a typical block because he never takes a play off. Says his mistake was he wasn't being careful in his verbal retaliation because they always "catch the second guy".

Msfann

Reaction score
He's a big baby. I keep hearing about how great the Seahawks receivers are and how they possibly could be the best in the NFL. Why would anyone think that? I mean our guys make some good catches but I don't see anything elite about the receivers. When game time happens they all get covered and disappear for the game.