CROW-B-Q Tonight

rjdriver

Reaction score
For me and a lot of us .netters.

You think after 40 plus years of watching football, I wouldn't over react after a week one loss. But I do and I did. I still have some concerns, but I'm proud of the product we put on the field today.

I guess overreacting is a byproduct of excessive caring, and that's something most of us do here. Not the worst of faults.

Great win, and a toast to whoever is eating crow with me tonight.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah I was on the fence last week. Part of me pissed at the terrible performance, part of me knowing it was only the first game of the season.

Either way, this was a huge win. The season is looking more promising. 0-2 would be pretty gloomy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I was hotter than heck last week, but they looked much better today.

The defense got key turnovers. They still have a LONG ways to go, but those 2 turnovers were huge.

Geno looked better. They ran the ball much better. The pass pro from the back up tackles was surprisingly solid.

Jerhawk can go to bed happy tonight.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Maybe we overreacted and felt embrarassed because we were sold the narrative that Rams would suck this year. Not so sure that's what's happening. They're currently playing the 9ers hard.

Always hate losing to the Rams, but maybe it shouldn't have been the cakewalk we were expecting.

Scout

Reaction score
The Hawks have a lot of talent and can compete with anyone on offense. But the common theme is that the defense has to tighten up and play more consistently.

Rat

Reaction score
They deserved to be doubted after that embarrassing effort they put up last week. It's one thing to lose, it's another to play like you don't care. Still not sure I see this team winning more than 7-8 games, but happy they were able to turn it around and take a big one against a good team on the road. Glad they're not completely tuning out Pete, despite occasional rumors of the contrary.

calinator

Reaction score
Being down about the defense is justified. They just don't have the talent upfront. Being down on the offense especially Geno after one week would be too much of a snap judgment. He looks great throwing the ball from the pocket.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I had stayed off the forums the past week due to the huge overreaction to week 1. They stunk up the house in week 1. This week they definitely mades some mistakes but looked better overall. The first few weeks I expect to see some more bonehead mistakes but become fewer and fewer as the weeks go on. The number of rookies playing factor in as well. They need a learning curve. The Lions have a really good offense so hard to really tell if the D improved or not. They did enough for the win though. Each week the team will gel a little more and more. I think we will see the full potential of this team about halfway through the season.

I have always felt Pete lead teams come out slow in beginning of season and even games. They are huge film study group and definitely learn from what they see and do well when they have the film but reallllly crap the bed when they don’t have that film. We have seen this over the years when some scrub 3rd string QB comes in and lights our D up. Even in the LOB years this happened.

Not to over react to a victory either. Much to improve on here. As a side note I hope our kicker just had a bad game and today was not a sign of things to come.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I feel like they got a lot of help from the refs. Detroit had some ROUGH calls go against them that killed key drives or kept Seahawks drives going.

sutz

Reaction score
I feel like they got a lot of help from the refs. Detroit had some ROUGH calls go against them that killed key drives or kept Seahawks drives going.
I thought the bad calls were pretty even overall. The "grounding" call in the endzone was a bad joke on us, with the punchline being the ref saying, "I'm talking to American here."

D

DomeHawk

Yeah I was on the fence last week. Part of me pissed at the terrible performance, part of me knowing it was only the first game of the season.

Either way, this was a huge win. The season is looking more promising. 0-2 would be pretty gloomy.

I thought the bad calls were pretty even overall. The "grounding" call in the endzone was a bad joke on us, with the punchline being the ref saying, "I'm talking to American here."
I think it's pretty easy to overreact over one game. Especially when your team looks especially bad or good. Works both ways.

Case in point Detroit, after beating KC at their own joint last week. They had every reason to think they were going to lay a thumping on us this week. So did their fans who celebrated beating us all week.

But, you still gotta play the game, the whole "on any given Sunday" stuff. And, we are still the Seattle Seahawks who have a lot of pride given our modern history. Great game,! Great win!

morgulon1

Reaction score
I thought the seahawks would play better in a losing effort. I'm here for my crow dish.

Medium rare, if you please.
I admit I said some unkind things regarding their heart , balls , etc...

I said this in frustration of what I considered to be a sub standard effort.They looked clueless against LA.
I was depressed after all the hype and acted out like a angry clown.

I predicted (hoped) for a better effort like you although I thought they'd lose on the road to a different Lions team. They did put in the effort and although they have a ways to go , they looked like they had some heart and scrap to them and I can live with that .

For now aim reverse searing crow with sauteed mushrooms

Last edited:

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Meh… yeah, I get the point you wish to make but riddle me this:

If Pete is THAT good why don’t we do that every week?

I just think his time is up and while he’s been solid for us, the last five yearsish the game has passed him by. I can’t stand the approach, the rah rah BS like “compete” when that obviously doesn’t happen. The irony, perhaps, is that we won today against a head coach like Campbell whose balls have to be like meteors. HE competes and his players do too. I love this team and franchise but that doesn’t mean I have to act like Carroll is coach of the year because we won a game against a talented team trying to find itself due to the key play by Geno and other veterans.

calinator

Reaction score
I'd say the 2 bad calls offset. The Intentional grounding on us and the screen pass penalty they had that was BS.

eo620

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit; I went all Chicken Little (the sky is falling!) after Week 1. We were totally embarassed by the Rams and woe is us, we have to play Detroit.

Turns out, the Seahawks aren't as bad as the looked last week, the Lions are not dominant and the Rams are actually playing some decent ball. They hung tough with the 49ers today.

I already ate, but I'll have more crow please.