CROW-B-Q Tonight

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll gladly eat my fair share of the black feathered scavenger. Everything we did wrong last week we did right this week. The offensive line was the unsung hero's, being minus two starting tackles yet Geno was kept clean for the most part. The team handled adversity a lot better this week vs. last, so my kudos to the coaching staff. A good example is that bogus intentional grounding call. We didn't let it get to us, came back and scored a TD anyway.

This game brought me back to center. My original forecast was for a 9-8 season. After the Rams game, I lowered that expectation to 8-9 or worse. Now, I'm back to 9-8 with wins against the Cards x2, Panthers, Browns, Commanders, Browns, Titans, and Steelers. I'm still very concerned about our lack of a pass rush.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The Rams appear to be a much better team than anyone thought.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No crow to be eaten until the end of the season. Beating Detroit in week 2 after an embarrassing loss in week 1 shouldnt surprise anybody and it shouldnt fool anybody into thinking the ship is righted. Its what Seattle does and its what they will continue to do all year long. Now, if the team wins more than 10 games this season and advances past the second round of the playoffs, i'll eat all the crow .Net can serve.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
We aren’t elite. We can hang and beat every team. It would take complete team effort and execution to get to the end this year. I believe the future is bright, especially if we get a QBOTF, before Geno’s contract is done. Very proud of Geno stepping up into a very hard situation.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Come on man, even just a side dish or a crow appetizer?

Not sure for what though. I stated earlier in the week that it wouldnt surprise me a bit if Seattle beat Detroit because thats what they do. Its the same old story of losing some games they shouldnt and winning some games they shouldnt.

I do appreciate your optimism of always thinking its going to end up being different though at the end of the season. I dont have that in me. I'm a "i'll believe it when I see it" kind of guy.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Beating Detroit in week 2 after an embarrassing loss in week 1 shouldnt surprise anybody and it shouldnt fool anybody into thinking the ship is righted.

I get what your saying and respect the hard honesty in your posts, but I disagree that beating Detroit shouldn't have "suprised anybody".

We had just been humiliated in our home opener after playing sub 500 ball since the loss in Munich last year.

Detroit finished 8-2 last year and finished the year with a statement win at Lambeau and started this year with a W against the defending champs @ Arrowhead.

It was Detroit's home opener and the fanbase was as energized as I have ever seen them.

We had our two starting tackles out for the game and Detroit has one of the best up and coming pass rushers in the NFL.

It surprised pretty much everybody that we came in and executed the way we did.

My OP was about weekly crow, not long term crow. I have my concerns with Pete as much as anyone, but it's not going to stop me from enjoying this W.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Especially whey they have been wrong for well over year and just keep doubling down
I find the Ignore feature really useful for some people. I also stayed off the forums much of last week because I knew there’d be lots of over-the-top, knee jerk doom and gloom posts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'll gladly eat my fair share of the black feathered scavenger. Everything we did wrong last week we did right this week. The offensive line was the unsung hero's, being minus two starting tackles yet Geno was kept clean for the most part. The team handled adversity a lot better this week vs. last, so my kudos to the coaching staff. A good example is that bogus intentional grounding call. We didn't let it get to us, came back and scored a TD anyway.

This game brought me back to center. My original forecast was for a 9-8 season. After the Rams game, I lowered that expectation to 8-9 or worse. Now, I'm back to 9-8 with wins against the Cards x2, Panthers, Browns, Commanders, Browns, Titans, and Steelers. I'm still very concerned about our lack of a pass rush.
This is exactly where I'm at. My concerns are still there about Pete and the team because of that my expectations aren't very high.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I get what your saying and respect the hard honesty in your posts, but I disagree that beating Detroit shouldn't have "suprised anybody".

We had just been humiliated in our home opener after playing sub 500 ball since the loss in Munich last year.

Detroit finished 8-2 last year and finished the year with a statement win at Lambeau and started this year with a W against the defending champs @ Arrowhead.

It was Detroit's home opener and the fanbase was as energized as I have ever seen them.

We had our two starting tackles out for the game and Detroit has one of the best up and coming pass rushers in the NFL.

It surprised pretty much everybody that we came in and executed the way we did.

My OP was about weekly crow, not long term crow. I have my concerns with Pete as much as anyone, but it's not going to stop me from enjoying this W.

No it was a great win. I didnt think Seattle would win, but again I wasnt shocked that they did. The Seahawks have beaten the Lions the last 6 times they have played them.

Regardless of that, it just seems like Seattle plays up or down to their opponents thus winning some games we didnt think they would and losing others they had no business losing.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I feel like dishing out crow is no less reactionary than those calling for Caleb last week.

It’s a results based business, and we’re fans, but there’s nuance to every win and loss.

Reasons for optimism:

- Offense looked like it bounced back
- 12p and 13p are still effective
- Dre’Mont and Nwosu showed up as the game went on
- Witherspoon already flashing (with no preseason and training camp)
- The Defense is thumping people in a way we haven’t seen in a long time

Reasons for pessimism:

- Pass Rush still seems lackluster
- Still haven’t seen Curhan/Stone hold up against elite speed rushers (with Brian Burns coming to town)
- Coby Bryant’s lack of athleticism is showing up more and more
- Overall cohesion of the D is a work in progress
- Injury bug already biting across the roster

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but I truly believe this will be a bumpy road to the bye. We’re still nailing down starters on Defense. We still have to find the Bush/Brooks/Love/Adams/Coby balance on a play to play basis. September is going to be an extended preseason for this team because of the amount of turnover and new depth compared to last year.

I’m confidant this team will come together. But there are still reasons for concern even in a win, just as there were reasons for hope in a loss.

olyfan63

Reaction score
After the Rams debacle, I was more concerned about the D than the O, and how easily the Rams exploited the middle of the field at will. Open, 24-7! My only excuse was, "well, there are a BUNCH of new, young players on D this year, and Pete's best D's historically require a lot of communication and coordination, and have to play "fast" in order to succeed. Maybe all the new guys on D need a few games to really get in sync?

I was somewhere between "flush the whole thing down the toilet, they are gonna suck all year" and cautiously optimistic. This no-business-winning W over the Lions is just the kind of W that Pete Carroll somehow pulls out of his ass a couple times a year. So I'm RSVP'ing for the Crow-B-Q, I was there too, in that place of "hoping against all hope" rather than "expecting".

I mean, we all knew, after the Seahawks went up 10 points in the 4th, that the Seahawks would find a way to give away the 10 point lead against that Detroit offense. Just like last year, a clutch performance by the O saved the day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Play calling was a joke in that 4-minute offense when they were up 3. Run the damn ball, make them us their timeouts, get the first down, win the game. Just my opinion.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Never mind man. You just don't get it. NOTHING they do is ever good enough for you. And that's fine. Do you.
They balled out, and so did Geno.

Lol. Who claimed they didnt ball out? Who claimed it wasnt a nice win?

All i've said is beating the Lions hasent sold me on the rest of the season and if I have to eat crow, its going to be after i've been proven wrong at the end of the season. The Lions game hasent changed anything for me.