CROW-B-Q Tonight

JPatera76

Reaction score
Maybe we overreacted and felt embrarassed because we were sold the narrative that Rams would suck this year. Not so sure that's what's happening. They're currently playing the 9ers hard.

Always hate losing to the Rams, but maybe it shouldn't have been the cakewalk we were expecting.
I mean this year they got back thier starters who were injured, lost ramsey and are otherwise healthy aside from Kupp.. as ive said before im still lost how people thought they'd suck. They're healthy this year... sooo if anything they were going be tougher this year.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say the Rams are an improved team this year. They were riddled with injuries last season. I don't see them going 5-12 again that's for sure unless they get hammered with the injury bug again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
At least they are on track for my original prediction 8-9/9-8 but after seeing how the Rams did today definitely 3rd place the Rams are far better then we were led to believe.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We are still battered wives. Hubby just gave us a good roll again before beating the shit out of us in the morning for burning his eggs.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Happy to have my heaping helping, The Hawks played well in a hostile environment, away at a team who’s fans wanted a W in an early game. Our guys were just better when they needed to be. The Lions are a legit team and will otherwise have a great year.

Geno answered the questions unequivocally. The team had a D that made some great plays when needed, and got a key take away.

Tasty crow!

LTH

Reaction score
For me and a lot of us .netters.

You think after 40 plus years of watching football, I wouldn't over react after a week one loss. But I do and I did. I still have some concerns, but I'm proud of the product we put on the field today.

I guess overreacting is a byproduct of excessive caring, and that's something most of us do here. Not the worst of faults.

Great win, and a toast to whoever is eating crow with me tonight.
There are going to be more set backs and injuries and adversity. It's funny because I think the problem is people really don't trust Pete especially after an emotional loss. But Pete ALWAYS says, and has said from day one, it's about the journey of the season for the team to grow together, grow into unity. It's not about how you start its about how you finish. Sounds kind of cliche and it gets over looked by many including the press but it's so true! And that's ultimately where Pete hangs his hat... I mean bubble yum!

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For me and a lot of us .netters.

You think after 40 plus years of watching football, I wouldn't over react after a week one loss. But I do and I did. I still have some concerns, but I'm proud of the product we put on the field today.

I guess overreacting is a byproduct of excessive caring, and that's something most of us do here. Not the worst of faults.

Great win, and a toast to whoever is eating crow with me tonight.
Yep. Extremely rare that I pick against them. mmmm, crow. Nom nom nom nom

bileever

Reaction score
I admit that I was doom and gloom last week, but it was mainly the injuries that got me down. I didn't think it was possible to do so well without Lucas and Cross.

Geno was amazing playing behind that makeshift line. The run blocking left a lot to be desired. And if Myers makes one of his two missed FGs, we win without OT.

The defense wasn't good, but it showed some signs of life.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, that 2nd half of the Rams game was putrid. So, doom and gloom was very justified, imo.
And good point on Myers, it shouldn't have come down to OT. Myers has already missed 3. Not good.

But how that game ended, I wouldn't change a thing. That was a blast. Just a fun game overall.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I'll have 2 crows and a helping of raven with my crap sammich
But they did play pretty omg bad 2nd half last week
Amazing to me stone played so well
If jamal comes back and stays healthy it could be a very fun year as opposed to , well honey , I won't be expecting to win this year so maybe you're not gonna be a football widow this year to , huh
See ya in seven months babe lol
Plus i gotcha all beat as I agreed with fade on the record :ROFLMAO: 🤭 👀

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yesterday was about a perfect day as it can get. The Seahawks win in the morning, cleaned the interior leather of my truck with Z-9 and Z-10 leather in a bottle (highly recommend this stuff) while watching Russ and the Donks completely fall apart, then my wife seduces me and rides me. Literally the perfect Sunday.

Fade

Reaction score
This is what they've been for a long time.

They need the QB to be phenomenal to win, and even then that is sometimes not enough to carry an incompetent defense over the finish line.

The only surprise so far was the offense not showing up in the 2nd half against the Rams.

They have to outscore teams to win. We already knew this.