Reaction score
Marvin49":11s9ioaz said:
ivotuk":11s9ioaz said:
SeahawksEast":11s9ioaz said:
ivotuk":11s9ioaz said:
Taking 3 steps is not a football move?

Absolute Horse**** call.

Let me guess, Dallas fan?

How does not liking a call make any of us a Cowboys fan. It was a bad call. Post game makes it more clear to me. His abode actually touches down before his forearm and the ball dislodged that's crazy.

It makes you a cowboy fan when you continue to argue that it was a bad call when the rules say otherwise. Even Pereira predicted it would be called incomplete by rule when he saw the play.

It's the same call for a lot of plays over the years, and it became famous after the very same referee called Calvin Johnson's TD incomplete for not completing the pass as per the rules. Yet a few here continue to be up in arms and claim the cowpokes got jobbed when the rules and the replay (and even the Cowboy Homer announcers) say otherwise.

I didn't see you guys protesting the screw job the referees put on Detroit last week.

Yeah, to me it was pretty cut and dry.

As soon as that ball hit down and popped loose, it was over. There was not question as to IF it came loose. It did. Incomplete.

Hate the rule all you want, but that was the proper call.
Melvin is right for once in his life! ^

ivotuk

Reaction score
rastahawk":3gimqh5s said:
Dez should have tried to make sure he secured the catch first. Getting the ball on the one yard line is okay. Trying to reach into the endzone for dramatics may have cost them the game.

Spot. On.

Drama queen Dez wanted to be the hero and instead of securing the ball first, he dove for the end zone. No one to blame but himself.

He's been in the NFL long enough to know the rules, maybe after last weekend he thought that he could get away with being a little undisciplined.

Individual plays like those are the little differences between Championship play, and almost ran. We saw that yesterday with Lockette's stupid penalty, and Cooper's dropped pass.

Individual moments, concentrating on one's task, keeping control of one's emotions, and so many other little things when taken together are the difference between a Superbowl Trophy and a division title.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1en3h9dp said:
Smellyman":1en3h9dp said:
Sports Hernia":1en3h9dp said:
ET got screwed by that rule yesterday. Call was correct. Don't lke the rule, change the rule, which they will since Dallas thinks they got screwed.

Earls was much much different.
I respectfully disagree.

one guy took 3 steps reached for the goal line, Earl took no steps was in the air with the ball not controlled then it hit the ground. Same rule, but Earls was cut and dry. They could make the argument that Dez made a football move.

Treghc

Reaction score
10923537_1590385564513775_5203846540577631385_n.jpg

Classy fan there.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I hope they hunt him down for making a terrorist threat and he gets to go to Prison. No call for that crap.

Smellyman

Reaction score
homerun1970":e076pwiu said:
I hope they hunt him down for making a terrorist threat and he gets to go to Prison. No call for that crap.

agreed. What an absolute idiot.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Smellyman":21mz36x4 said:
homerun1970":21mz36x4 said:

agreed. What an absolute idiot.
+2
Guessing this Neanderthal ain't smart enough to mask his IP location and the feds will be knocking at his door in 5-4-3............. (Christ man, it's football. It's entertainment)

sutz

Reaction score
I remember thinking the original call was wrong, before the replay. If the ball moves when it hits the ground, it's not a catch. It obviously bounced, even in the first camera angle.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
sutz":pgdcy277 said:
I remember thinking the original call was wrong, before the replay. If the ball moves when it hits the ground, it's not a catch. It obviously bounced, even in the first camera angle.
This, I said the same thing when Earl had an apparent interception last night. Saw it the first time and thought the same thing while watching Dez attempt to make his catch. You have to maintain possession and he didn't. It clearly was knocked loose when hitting the ground. A lot of noise over nothing.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
It clearly isn't a catch by the rules.

The "play common to the game" part of the rule specifically has to happen after the receiver gets control and gets 2 feet down. If you watch the play - Dez gets both feet down with possession but then just continues to fall - which is not a play common to the game.

Moreover, the rule specifically has a note when a player is going to the ground. It clearly states after they gain possession and get two feet in bounds - if they are falling to the ground - rather than making a football move - they must maintain control through the entire catch. Period. Dez should have turned onto his back rather than stretch out.

At the end of the day, I actually like this rule as there is no ambiguity as to what is a catch. In other words, a forward pass is incomplete until the receiver proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not.