Collier first impressions? Carted off day 2. Ankle Sprain

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the good thing is he is a d lineman and they have magic dirt to rub on it used to filter Wilsons Miracle Water.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hell of a lot better it happens now than later, and it could have been a lot worse.
We have 40 days until the Opener. Just under 6 weeks. Could be ready for the Cincy game.

sutz

Reaction score
Guess it could have been a lot worse, but missing pre-season is never good for a rookie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":byb3wr60 said:
I'll take that over an ACL.

This.

High ankles is usually a six week heal time, so that put LJ right at our first or second game for return........and IMO the good news is if there's one position where the learning curve might not be as high as O-line, LB or WR it's D-line where Norton can dumb down LJ's assignments and just let him disrupt until he gets his feet under him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm gonna revisit my rookie impact prediction where I accidentally left L.J. off the list.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This sucks and puts Collier in the unknown quantity pile, but I trust Jn'P for recognizing good DLinemen, Collier will be back. Still am far from believing he's a write-off for this year. Sadly this puts him behind though.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3kg357by said:
This sucks and puts Collier in the unknown quantity pile, but I trust Jn'P for recognizing good DLinemen, Collier will be back. Still am far from believing he's a write-off for this year. Sadly this puts him behind though.
Yeah, most likely when Collier does get back, he'll be limited snaps for several games. And we're facing some good passing teams early, too.

orca

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3njxpg9b said:
Our first round picks have been so bad...be it not having one or hurt or whatever. Just what we need....
That's why we should always trade out of the first round... :twisted:

sutz

Reaction score
orca":2as8t7ae said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2as8t7ae said:
Our first round picks have been so bad...be it not having one or hurt or whatever. Just what we need....
That's why we should always trade out of the first round... :twisted:
I thought they only did that to annoy fans. :twisted:

zchurch74

Reaction score
Sign Clowney to a one year deal with incentives. Allows Collier to heal 100% and learn.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's not quite that easy. Clowney is not a Free Agent. Even if the fans think the team is playing with Monopoly money, they would have to trade for him AND pay him a massive contract.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawks get positive news on top rookie L.J. Collier in DE’s return from rare sprain

“He did visit with the docs, traveled to do that. And (they) gave him a really good update. Everything is in line,” Carroll said Wednesday. “He’s out of the (walking) boot. He’s moving. It should be a normal process now in bringing him back. As he can handle and tolerate, he’ll come back to us.”

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 31262.html

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":353bgx6h said:
Seahawks get positive news on top rookie L.J. Collier in DE’s return from rare sprain

“He did visit with the docs, traveled to do that. And (they) gave him a really good update. Everything is in line,” Carroll said Wednesday. “He’s out of the (walking) boot. He’s moving. It should be a normal process now in bringing him back. As he can handle and tolerate, he’ll come back to us.”

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 31262.html

Which, in coach-speak, means it'll be 3 months before he's in a game.

Latest posts