coaches film. gut feel

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
after watching the game several times on the 22 tapes. Here is what I feel.
Arizona has a great defense. They game planed us well. The read option on the DE dive was our best play against them even when we just lined up in it and didn't follow it through. THey are just quick.
Lynch didn't seem off to me.. seemed that they are are just sound tacklers and swarmed.
At first I thought the receivers sucked but tnot really they Arizona played amazging defense. No mistakes.
I would say though that Wilson was off. he seemed to not have his normal luck with him. as he would pass often to the worst possible receiver.

I Will watch them a few more times and see if anything stands out... I think it really came down to we just failed to convert a few explosive plays.
and the lack of play action or read option plays to counter that defense hurt..

Oh yeah bubble screens worked fine. but we didn't run many. (Weird right?)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
They game planned perfectly and it is a game plan I expect to see going forward. We are a big play offense and have the highest success rate down field. If you can slow down our running game and our deep pass you force us to dink and dunk and that is something we have struggled with all year. Now factor no Harvin and Baldwin moved outside do to the loss of Rice and it will likely be a staple of how defenses game plan against us.

Hopefully Willson develops fast or we get Michael on the field for bubble screens and short passes. Otherwise I seriously question how deep our okay off run will be.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":15hwce6j said:
after watching the game several times on the 22 tapes. Here is what I feel.
Arizona has a great defense. They game planed us well. The read option on the DE dive was our best play against them even when we just lined up in it and didn't follow it through. THey are just quick.
Lynch didn't seem off to me.. seemed that they are are just sound tacklers and swarmed.
At first I thought the receivers sucked but tnot really they Arizona played amazging defense. No mistakes.
I would say though that Wilson was off. he seemed to not have his normal luck with him. as he would pass often to the worst possible receiver.

I Will watch them a few more times and see if anything stands out... I think it really came down to we just failed to convert a few explosive plays.
and the lack of play action or read option plays to counter that defense hurt..

Oh yeah bubble screens worked fine. but we didn't run many. (Weird right?)

Yeah, that pretty much jives with what Pete and Bevell said. Pete said there where WR's earlier in Russ's progressions that were in a more favorable position than the ones he threw to later in the progression. All part of the 'trust what you see' mantra that Russ himself preaches. Time to hit the reset button. Hopefully he gets this fixed in time.

Worrisome to have such a major part our offense be off at such a critical time. I'm probably over thinking/ over worrying, but whenever I think of this highly-uncharacteristic play from him, I recall the scene from the Giants game when his head bounced off the frozen turf 2-3 times as he was sacked. Hopefully that isn't affecting him in some way.