CJ Prosise, what is he to you?

El Caliente

Reaction score
Hey guys, resident Saints fan here. I was reading through the site and I saw a comment about CJ Prosise being your change of pace guy. For as long as Pete has been in town, the running game has been the bread and butter in Seattle, but now you have CJ, Rawles, Lacy, and Collins all fighting for valuable touches.

What are CJ's realistic expectations with the 'Hawks this year?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ans:

Usually unavailable.

He has exceptional talent but can't stay healthy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of potential, makes good plays when available, which is sparringly. The announcers always speak of his game changing ability. Lots of hype, small sample size.

That's my thoughts on Percy Harv- I mean CJ Prosise.

Why do you ask? You want him on the Saints?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
El Caliente":2i72nwr0 said:
but now you have CJ, Rawles, Lacy, and Collins all fighting for valuable touches.

Don't forget my man Carson. Collins is gone, I see no way he makes the team.

For as brittle and underachieving Prosise has been, he will make this roster because he's the best long yardage and 3rd down back on the roster. That's a unique skill set.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If you are going to draft any RB I would take a flier on Carson. I wouldn't touch the other three.
I assume this was a fantasy football question?

Seymour

Reaction score
Prosise = Mayhem

[youtube]07h2O496kyU[/youtube]

OP
OP
E

El Caliente

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2s848rzl said:
Lots of potential, makes good plays when available, which is sparringly. The announcers always speak of his game changing ability. Lots of hype, small sample size.

Its partially fantasy football, but also I watched him in college at ND, and he was much talked about there (and for good reason).

You guys are top notch though with your analysis. Thanks a lot.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A guy that has proven nothing other than being injured all the time. Showed some flash in two games but hardly can call him an all star or game changer based on 2 games...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seymour":o5viblz4 said:
I'll save 1000 words.

2693 700x0

My feelings exactly. Play an entire season first and then we might be on to something.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
El Caliente":2azbaucs said:
Jerhawk":2azbaucs said:

Its partially fantasy football, but also I watched him in college at ND, and he was much talked about there (and for good reason).

Thought I may let you know. I am gonna be a closet Saints fan on the opener in Minneysota.....Hitting that game and our game in GB.

Prosise showed a lot of promise in his preseason games last year but it never materialized. Got hurt and then never made it back. Seemed like everytime we turned around, our feature back was not featured any more. Merrygoround backs. Hope your team does well this year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He did have three great games in the regular season. But yeah, it's hard to count on much.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-29 at 4.25.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-29 at 4.25.05 PM.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,614

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I think that there is too small a sample size on Prosise to label him as a "guy who can never stay healthy." He missed time last year because of two different fractures (hand and scapula). He played in 23 of 26 games his final two years (really the only two years) he played at Notre Dame. Yes, he has a groin issue right now and we haven't seen him in the preseason. However I still believe the guy will end up being a huge success in the NFL because of his athleticism and versatility.

He reminds me a ton of Brian Westbrook from Philadelphia. That guy never played a full 16 game season in the NFL, but had a nine year career with 10,275 total yards from scrimmage and scored 71 touchdowns. I'd sign up for that career from Prosise in a heartbeat.

Westbrook 5'8" 200 lbs
Prosise 6'1" 220 lbs and faster

(FYI Prosise also had 100 more total yards in his rookie year than Westbrook did)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zosty68 said:
El Caliente":1zosty68 said:
but now you have CJ, Rawles, Lacy, and Collins all fighting for valuable touches.

Don't forget my man Carson. Collins is gone, I see no way he makes the team.

For as brittle and underachieving Prosise has been, he will make this roster because he's the best long yardage and 3rd down back on the roster. That's a unique skill set.

McKissic. Plus McKissic can be a returner as well.

Prosise is JAG. Just A Guy. He's special athletically, but like someone once said: your best ability is your availability.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":antg84y1 said:
Jerhawk":antg84y1 said:

He was hurt a lot at ND also,in fact he missed his last 4-5 games his last year.
A big talent with the ball if he can ever be around to get it.

Mojambo

Reaction score
One of the more exciting young talents on the offensive side of the football. Had a pretty unlucky rookie season, but still young, cheap and supremely talented.

A whole lot of fans overreacting to a VERY small sample size of injury. Take with a grain of salt as this forum produces some of the most irrationally impatient fans I've ever encountered.