Circle the wagon time, let's cheer Hawks 2022.

toffee

Reaction score
Two weeks till season opener. National media tanked our team #32? and laugh at our opening day QB! Of course, some of these are understandable, our OL has a new coach and starting two rookie tackles, our RB1 and RB2 already injured, we may even start two rookie CBs. Not enough? our defense will switch from 4-3 to 3-4 under a rookie DC. Oh, as if that's not enough, we were dumped by our franchise QB because he wanted to play for a team that he didn't have to carry.

This may be 2010 all over again, national experts are down on our boys, I say it's time to circle the wagon and cheer on our boys. I truly feel the team may surprise us, may not be the beginning of season but certainly the second half. OK, I am a homer, a Seahawks homer, but I am not the only one.

Here are my reason for optimism:
  1. Our 2021 defense was #11 in points allowed, better than the 4 teams in conference championship games. I say our 2022 defense will be better than 2021! If we pull that off, we will be top 10.

2. Our 2021 offense was #16 in points scored, and we lost our franchise QB. But Russ and Geno got the same PPF grade in 2021, I was surprised, but it's true. Russell hit floor in '21, but guess what Geno played best ball in his career. PFF graded them identical at 73.9 with Geno better, yes better when both had clean pocket, Geno was 131, Russ 111. Geno is top PFF graded QB in this preseason.

3. Our draft sucked for years, remember Collier? but I think John found his mojo again in '22. Woolen and Bryant may earn starting role. Our two tackles both flashed.
National experts are down on our boys, our former franchise QB is tired of carrying the Hawks, we have a very young team they need love and support at this point. I am circling the wagon and predicting a surprise season, time to make those experts eat crow again just like how we force them to in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. For motivation, let's rewatch how our boys marched 98 yards and scored on the RAMS, Superbowl champ.

Go Hawks,

Last edited:

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Two weeks till season opener. National media tanked our team #32? and laugh at our opening day QB! Of course, some of these are understandable, our OL has a new coach and starting two rookie tackles, our RB1 and RB2 already injured, we may even start two rookie CBs. Not enough? our defense will switch from 4-3 to 3-4 under a rookie DC. Oh, as if that's not enough, we were dumped by our franchise QB because he wanted to play for a team that he didn't have to carry.

This may be 2010 all over again, national experts are down on our boys, I say it's time to circle the wagon and cheer on our boys. I truly feel the team may surprise us, may not be the beginning of season but certainly the second half. OK, I am a homer, a Seahawks homer, but I am not the only one.

1. Our 2021 defense was #11 in points allowed, better than the 4 teams in conference championship games. I say our 2022 defense will be better than 2021! If we pull that off, we will be top 10.

2. Our 2021 offense was #16 in points scored, and we lost our franchise QB. But Russ and Geno got the same PPF grade in 2021, I was surprised, but it's true. Russell hit floor in '21, but guess what Geno played best ball in his career. PFF graded them identical at 73.9 with Geno better, yes better when both had clean pocket, Geno was 131, Russ 111. Geno is top PFF graded QB in this preseason.

3. Our draft sucked for years, remember Collier? but I think John found his mojo again in '22. Woolen and Bryant may earn starting role. Our two tackles both flashed.
National experts are down on our boys, our former franchise QB is tired of carrying the Hawks, we have a very young team they need love and support at this point. I am circling the wagon and predicting a surprise season, time to make those experts eat crow again just like how we force them to in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. For motivation, let's rewatch how our boys marched 98 yards and scored on the RAMS, Superbowl champ.

Go Hawks,

Shane Buechele outperformed Mahomes and Kyle Trask outperformed Brady this preseason.

chrispy

Reaction score
Excited to see the construction and evolution of LOB2. ...and passrush that appeared out of nowhere in preseason. ...and DK, Lockett: best 1-2 punch wr in the league. ...and best safety tandem in the league. ...and whatever other surprises come up: good and bad that lead to growth.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I visited a friend in Colorado last week. One night in Denver, I went into a bar to get a bite to eat, and being that I was alone, I opted to sit down at the bar along with a number of other patrons, mostly Bronco fans, and when they saw my Seahawks baseball cap, they asked me if I watched the Bears game a few days earlier, which of course, I had. They began teasing me about it, a clumsy quarterback doing a face plant, a punt coverage player standing on the goal line with his head up his arse, and so on.

It was a fun, playful exchange and not at all confrontational, but wearing that Seahawks cap into enemy territory was very embarrassing, like I was walking around with my fly unzipped. Nevertheless, I'll continue to do so even though our prospects don't look very good. Over the years, I've given plenty of crap to other team's fans, and this season, it will likely be my turn to be the butt of every joke.

Oh, well.....

GemCity

Reaction score
This isn’t pee-wee football. I agree with the draft…I think we tore that up. But…

As a former fan of the QB that didn’t want to play for a team he had to carry, we (as a fan base) get to witness the impact of this FOs former drafts, trade ineptitude, and downright bad decision making along with PCs antiquated offensive philosophy.

It would be nice to win, especially with low expectations. Developing the youngsters during this upcoming season will be a joy to witness (I hope).

But we’re not winning nine games and we damn sure aren’t making the playoffs.

You also lose credibility when you compare Geno to Russ. All this forum talk (no one in particular) about how the guys are rallying around Geno and the locker room environment is much better will quickly erode once losses pile up.

**Edit

Ahhhh screw it. What’s done is done. Without holding a grudge (crying over spilt milk), I’d like to see our new guys on the O-line push us to a top 10 running group. I absolutely think we can do that. I think our pass D can be strong but, I’d much rather have Tre Brown back and at full health. Here’s my ludicrous take on him…I think he can be a top 10 corner. Our safety tandem may make a case for being the BEST bunch in the NFL.
IF we can control the ball, pound the rock, and stop the 7-10 yard passes while having a decent run D, we could shock some folks W-L wise.

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
This isn’t pee-wee football. I agree with the draft…I think we tore that up. But…

As a former fan of the QB that didn’t want to play for a team he had to carry, we (as a fan base) get to witness the impact of this FOs former drafts, trade ineptitude, and downright bad decision making along with PCs antiquated offensive philosophy.

It would be nice to win, especially with low expectations. Developing the youngsters during this upcoming season will be a joy to witness (I hope).

You also lose credibility when you compare Geno to Russ. All this forum talk (no one in particular) about how the guys are rallying around Geno and the locker room environment is much better will quickly erode once losses pile up.

**Edit

Ahhhh screw it. What’s done is done. Without holding a grudge (crying over spilt milk), I’d like to see our new guys on the O-line push us to a top 10 running group. I absolutely think we can do that. I think our pass D can be strong but, I’d much rather have Tre Brown back and at full health. Here’s my ludicrous take on him…I think he can be a top 10 corner. Our safety tandem may make a case for being the BEST bunch in the NFL.
IF we can control the ball, pound the rock, and stop the 7-10 yard passes while having a decent run D, we could shock some folks W-L wise.
We have some good, young talent at corner for sure. I'm really looking to see who develops there.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score

Go Hawks,

Great Post........

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do we only have one wagon to circle? Because if we do, it’s kind of hard to circle one. We are screwed if we only have one. 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do we only have one wagon to circle? Because if we do, it’s kind of hard to circle one. We are screwed if we only have one. 🤣🤣🤣
One team, everyone on the same wagon, playing for the same goal, and playing as one. :) :) :)

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score

**Edit

It's nice to see a little hope. The air is fresher when you have hope. Enjoy the possibilities provided with even a glimmer of hope.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this season as much or more than usual. It will be exciting to see the young players we have added.

The defense will be awesome this year, with a new scheme featuring outside speed and improved cornerbacks. But, maybe we should also add a free agent linebacker...

The offense seems ready to go with a veteran quarterback, some of the NFL's most talented receivers, nice depth and talent at running back and an offensive line that is ready to "ground and pound". I don't think we need to add another quarterback, such as Jimmy G...

Every victory will seem "sweeter" because you didn't expect to get it. As for the losses...Our expectations will already be lowered, to help take away the pain of the defeats you know will come.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I’ll be a hawks fan until the end. What’s the joy in the highs of you don’t know the lows. If we go about five years under five wins i’ll struggle, but here regardless.

I like a lot of this team. I’m excited to see Geno get one last shot. And this team isn’t the Lions or Browns that didn’t win a game.

I do wish we had moved on from Pete, because I don’t want two years of shit football as my final memory.

Ya never know though. Any. Given. Sunday.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I agree let’s get it. I have a feeling this team is going to shock the world