Carson un-follows Seahawks and Wilson on Twitter

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maybe Carson could try being healthy first, before trying to make subliminal statements. This team will win, and has won with and without him.

nwHawk":s2r467cv said:
Eventually, the truth will come out about Russ. It not like there haven’t been any signs. And then a few people might really get a rude lightbulb moment. Can’t fix a problem until you truly identify one.

This insistence on trying to character assassinate one of the best human beings that has ever played for this franchise, is gross.

ducks41468

Reaction score
I would much rather go into the season with Carson than with some hodgepodge of Hyde, Penny, Dallas, and a random 6th round rookie.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I like but don’t love Carson.

Why does he constantly take himself out of games?

We can’t trust him to be healthy for the playoffs so he’s not going to get as much money as he thinks he’s worth.

I think our backfield will look very different next year. And no Penny isn’t the guy.

Our lead tailback next year might not be on the roster right now.

keasley45

Reaction score
Ok. So the LOB called out Russ for being protected and above criticism. Doug Baldwin flat out said as much and that he was underachieving and wasn't accountable. DK is obviously frustrated. And now Carson shows that there's no love lost.

If it were true that Russ is just a victim of Pete, after being a pro for 9 years, 'forcing him' to carry out some hopeless plan, then why the shade when players leave? Russ isnt a victim here. We can all lament the dialing back of the offense of the first few weeks, but dialing back should have meant that it was no worse than last year. Instead, we got a RW that at times looked incapable of running an offense. Whatever his issues are, they are obviousky contributing to a level of disharmony and disconnect. Neither are a sign of solid leadership.

Everyone should be accountable. Pete, for his BD challenges and horrible time management. Schotty for not being more assertive and creative in pkaycalling, and Russ for the below bar performances we saw for more than half the season.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Russ should have Carson on his podcast... So they can sort it out. :roll:

John63

Reaction score
And then some wonder why they are called haters. ITs simple you look for anything to be negative about Wilson even making crap up.

John63

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":wvl2wnis said:
nwHawk":wvl2wnis said:
Eventually, the truth will come out about Russ. It not like there haven’t been any signs. And then a few people might really get a rude lightbulb moment. Can’t fix a problem until you truly identify one.

And what exactly is this truth you speak of? He’s not a good guy?, he doesn’t care about winning? He doesn’t work hard?

The truth is he has no clue he is just making crap up.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Social media is the lamest thing ever. And it shows as much when it's a big deal when professional athletes "follow/unfollow" each other and teams. Not all teammates are "friends".

Regarding Carson: Whatever. Is he a good RB? Yes. Is he worth what he thinks he's worth? No. For the last two years, this place has idolized him as something he's not, and has tried to view him as a Marshawn Lynch lite. He is nowhere near that level. I get it. It's fun to see him run guys over. It's great to see him fight for extra yards. He's a tough guy. But he lacks explosiveness. He'll NEVER break one and take it to the house. He's not a Nick Chubb. He's a BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Plus, he's proven to be unreliable health-wise. I agree with others that the feature back this team needs is not on the roster.

nwHawk

Reaction score
keasley45":wciuizxl said:
Ok. So the LOB called out Russ for being protected and above criticism. Doug Baldwin flat out said as much and that he was underachieving and wasn't accountable. DK is obviously frustrated. And now Carson shows that there's no love lost.

Agreed 45. It wasn't just the LOB during that time, but this is definitely true. I don't hate Russ, I like him as a person. But as you and a variety of others (here and elsewhere) have pointed out in the past, Russ does miss windows and does run himself into sacks looking for what he wants. I have a hard time believing that Pete prefers hero ball rather that taking what the defense gives up and chewing up clock.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3g91amgw said:
Social media is the lamest thing ever. And it shows as much when it's a big deal when professional athletes "follow/unfollow" each other and teams. Not all teammates are "friends".

Regarding Carson: Whatever. Is he a good RB? Yes. Is he worth what he thinks he's worth? No. For the last two years, this place has idolized him as something he's not, and has tried to view him as a Marshawn Lynch lite. He is nowhere near that level. I get it. It's fun to see him run guys over. It's great to see him fight for extra yards. He's a tough guy. But he lacks explosiveness. He'll NEVER break one and take it to the house. He's not a Nick Chubb. He's a BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Plus, he's proven to be unreliable health-wise. I agree with others that the feature back this team needs is not on the roster.
I remember when ppl here thought Rawls was good...then it was Pope...then Collins...and then Collins again. Carson is the best we've had since Lynch but he's gonna want too much.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Oh well. There are 3 RB in the national title game who are as good as Carson. If we have to use a 2nd on a RB, so be it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
keasley45":2yz8takq said:

If it were true that Russ is just a victim of Pete, after being a pro for 9 years, 'forcing him' to carry out some hopeless plan, then why the shade when players leave? Russ isnt a victim here. We can all lament the dialing back of the offense of the first few weeks, but dialing back should have meant that it was no worse than last year. Instead, we got a RW that at times looked incapable of running an offense. Whatever his issues are, they are obviousky contributing to a level of disharmony and disconnect. Neither are a sign of solid leadership.

Everyone should be accountable. Pete, for his BD challenges and horrible time management. Schotty for not being more assertive and creative in pkaycalling, and Russ for the below bar performances we saw for more than half the season.

You mean the same LOB that claimed Russ wasn’t black enough, among other over the top, ridiculous claims that they never said about the other (coincidentally white) QBs on their other teams? This reminds me a lot of Donovan McNabb on the Eagles, the implication by other players that he was Carlton Banks as opposed to Will Smith. Players like when their QB is cool like Lamar, or Cam. The reason Wilson gets a hard time is far more political than some of you may be aware or privy to, from a completely non-football standpoint.

Wilson, the same guy who has given so much to the community, visited children’s hospitals every week. Who has a great relationship with Adams, Brown, Lockett. Who hosts players in the offseason at his home. Players like Justin Britt, loved Russ. Duane Brown also appears to have a great relationship with Russ. Jimmy Graham and him are still close friends. But sure, let’s try to question what’s not there.

Russ is either too corny, too robotic, or not cool enough. He never misses a game (unlike Carson) and has given FAR MORE to this team than Carson ever could. He’s gutted out injuries, he’s done what coaches ask of him. Again, the character questions of him are truly beyond the pale.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Isn’t black enough is what I recall, being a person of character isn’t real popular these days.