"Can you win the game in the first quarter?" . . .

nanomoz

Reaction score
Go trade the rest of the 2021 draft for a pass rusher. Right now. I don't care if they only have one or two years in the tank. The Hawks are already all in. If you don't take advantage of the next couple years of Russ's prime, it would be such an incredible failure.

Rat

Reaction score
Should have just upped our offer to Clowney by a few million, rather than blowing our FA wad on JAG (at best) offensive linemen yet again. Beggers can't be choosers.

PNW

Reaction score
They even called us out on SNF about how we literally get no pressure on opposing QB’s worst in the league

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
Rat":237ykx47 said:
Should have just upped our offer to Clowney by a few million, rather than blowing our FA wad on JAG (at best) offensive linemen yet again. Beggers can't be choosers.

Indeed. But I don't think Schneider has a time machine.

Go get it done now. Kerrigan or Mercillus could be the difference between getting to the owl or getting bounced by the Saints in the divisional.

Muzz

Reaction score
We don’t even have the late 3rd rounder that Baltimore used on Ngakoue to pick anyone up...maybe Michael Bennett can come off the couch for us? :roll:

Rat

Reaction score
nanomoz":35kuvmwx said:
Rat":35kuvmwx said:

Indeed. But I don't think Schneider has a time machine.

Go get it done now. Kerrigan or Mercillus could be the difference between getting to the owl or getting bounced by the Saints in the divisional.

Those are both good suggestions. Kerrigan would be perfect, but by some universe mechanism I'm not intelligent enough to understand, Washington is just a half-game back in the East, and might want to keep with what they have. I was reading earlier that the Texans are expected to be big-time sellers at the deadline, so Mercilus could be worth an inquiry. Maybe we could even get Jacob Martin back, who has looked solid this year. I assume Watt would be difficult since he has become a Houston institution.

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
Muzz":2cych589 said:
We don’t even have the late 3rd rounder that Baltimore used on Ngakoue to pick anyone up...maybe Michael Bennett can come off the couch for us? :roll:

We have a 2nd.

Muzz

Reaction score
nanomoz":3kej7tzs said:
Muzz":3kej7tzs said:

We have a 2nd.

Yeah let’s use the second rounder on guys who are 32+ years old and come with heavy contracts. We missed in the draft on DE how many times? It sucks but we’re stuck with what we have.

Rat

Reaction score
Muzz":1d281xoj said:
nanomoz":1d281xoj said:
Muzz":1d281xoj said:

We have a 2nd.

Yeah let’s use the second rounder on guys who are 32+ years old and come with heavy contracts. We missed in the draft on DE how many times? It sucks but we’re stuck with what we have.

How is bringing up how many DEs we've missed on an argument to not pursue veterans?

Muzz

Reaction score
How can you not read the rest of my posts? Why spend a second rounder on older DE like the ones mentioned above when you wouldn’t even spend a third on a 25 year old DE? That’s just a knee jerk reaction to finally losing when you knew you already had a problem.

Rat

Reaction score
Muzz":2wrmtiq6 said:
How can you not read the rest of my post? Why spend a second rounder on older DE like the ones mentioned above when you wouldn’t even spend a third on a 25 year old DE?

Because the Ravens probably wouldn't take a third for him now.

We can't wait until next offseason to invest a high pick in the next LJ Collier, Rasheem Green, or Darrell Taylor. We need the help now.

Muzz

Reaction score
Meh I edited my post while you replied. All I’m saying is don’t go and sign some aging DE that you won’t resign next year because you think he’s gonna fix all our issues