Can the Seahawks compete with the Niners?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The way, you use commas, makes me read, your comments, as if Christopher Walken, were speaking them.

"I'm tellin', you fellas, you gonna want more offense, in your games."

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cutting down, the Seahawks!"

View attachment 61163
You figured out my identity…

Shhh…between us, keep it a secret!

BTW, Balls of Fury, is my greatest movie!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No team is unbeatable. Even the Niners can come out flat on any given day. Saying that though, on average they are a much better team than Seattle and its hard to see any kind of win against them. It would take injuries and turnovers for Seattle to have a chance in my opinion so we'll see how it plays out. Its early yet.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Me thinks you should change your name to TheLegendOfGloom.
lol.

I would say, I don’t want to be, overly optimistic, and set my expectations on Seattle too high.

Seattle, is a top 10 team, currently.

But, Seattle, is not an elite team in any side of the ball right now, and that will make beating the Niners really, really tough.

It’s just my assessment of the team right now. It could change in a few weeks. But my assessment right now is Seattle needs to improve on both sides before they can beat the Niners.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
It's too early. Let me see them endure: at Seattle, at Philly, then home to Seattle in 3 consecutive weeks.

James in PA

Reaction score
On any given Sunday. We just can't beat ouselves. We have to have a great week of practice and stay focused on the task at hand. One play at a time. We have to want it more. We have to stop the big play. We need to take care of the football and win the turnover battle. We need to get our run game going. We need to get them off the field. We need to keep drives alive. We have to make them settle for three. We have to leave it all on the in field and give 110%. Now let's go out there and put a complete game together!

hoxrox

Reaction score
If you look at the game last year, they gashed us with CMC. Don't think that will happen this year. Sure he will get his, but not to the same extent. Plus a lot can change by Thanksgiving. Seattle will continue to gel and improve.

GemCity

Reaction score
Right now, the 9rs are simply the best team in football. And, I'm not sure it's even close. So no - right now - we can't compete with them.

But, championships aren't won in October. I think the Seahawks and 9rs will play three games this year, and the game played in January will be the game that matters. And January is a long ways away.
Agreed.

Right now, I don’t think it’s possible….

We’re missing a few key pieces but, trending upwards for sure.

Wheetie

Reaction score
The way, you use commas, makes me read, your comments, as if Christopher Walken, were speaking them.

"I'm tellin', you fellas, you gonna want more offense, in your games."

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cutting down, the Seahawks!"

View attachment 61163
Wow, this is fantastic! This post, has resonated with me, more than any other posts, in the last few,,,,,,,days

warden

Reaction score
We have a brutal four game stretch that sees us playing the 49ers twice, Cowboys and Eagles. How we do in that stretch will sum up our season. We have another four games to help get our players ready for that stretch. We are a very young team that is definitely heading in the right direction

keasley45

Reaction score
This
No team in the league is unbeatable. You still gotta' lace em up.

This. They've had one stiff challenge in 5.

Giants suck
Cards Suck
Cowboys are deeply flawed
Steelers suck

Their one challenging game came against the Rams.

And Dak handed that game to them last week.

They have yet to be smacked in the mouth. We absolutely have the tools to do that.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Packers were 15-1 in 2011 and got a bye.
The 9-7 Giants played on Wildcard Weekend and manhandled the Falcons.
In the divisional round, the Giants went to Lambeau (in January!) and beat the Packers convincingly, with a final score of 37-20.
Now that I think about the Giants, let's go back another four years to the 2007 season. The Boston Cheetahs ran roughshod over everyone (the Cheetahs offense scored 589 points - the next-best team scored 450 - and the Cheetahs defense allowed 274) and had an undefeated 16-game regular season. The Cheetahs then rumbled into the Super Bowl, and the out-of-nowhere, inferior-on-paper wildcard Giants allowed the surviving members of the '72 Dolphins to pop champagne on Super Bowl Sunday.
So hell yeah, "any given Sunday" and all that. The Seahawks are a reasonably good NFL team, and while the Gold Diggers are clearly the best team in the league right now, of course the Seahawks can compete.

The smart money's still on the Gold Diggers to win the division and make the Super Bowl, but as many have already said in this thread, the season is long. We can all remember examples of teams that looked like juggernauts in October and either crapped out before the season even ended, suffered a surprising early playoff exit, or (like the 2007 Cheatriots) got all the way to the Super Bowl and lost there.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The Packers were 15-1 in 2011 and got a bye.
The 9-7 Giants played on Wildcard Weekend and manhandled the Falcons.
In the divisional round, the Giants went to Lambeau (in January!) and beat the Packers convincingly, with a final score of 37-20.
Now that I think about the Giants, let's go back another four years to the 2007 season. The Boston Cheetahs ran roughshod over everyone (the Cheetahs offense scored 589 points - the next-best team scored 450 - and the Cheetahs defense allowed 274) and had an undefeated 16-game regular season. The Cheetahs then rumbled into the Super Bowl, and the out-of-nowhere, inferior-on-paper wildcard Giants allowed the surviving members of the '72 Dolphins to pop champagne on Super Bowl Sunday.
So hell yeah, "any given Sunday" and all that. The Seahawks are a reasonably good NFL team, and while the Gold Diggers are clearly the best team in the league right now, of course the Seahawks can compete.

The smart money's still on the Gold Diggers to win the division and make the Super Bowl, but as many have already said in this thread, the season is long. We can all remember examples of teams that looked like juggernauts in October and either crapped out before the season even ended, suffered a surprising early playoff exit, or (like the 2007 Cheatriots) got all the way to the Super Bowl and lost there.

That Packers team was flawed even at 15-1 which was interesting. They were dead last at 32nd in yards allowed on defense that year and 19th in points allowed. I don't think the 49ers have that many holes compared to that 2011 Packers team.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
The Niners are a juggernaut built on a glass foundation. Let's see how they hold up relying on injury-prone cornerstones.

The Browns game this weekend will be an interesting test for them: playing on a terrible field in bad weather against a great defense. It's a shame Watson and Chubb are injured because they are precisely the type of team that would challenge the Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Instead, we get to listen to how the Niners float in mid-air and are the greatest team in history. Puke

Mizak

Reaction score
This

This. They've had one stiff challenge in 5.

Giants suck
Cards Suck
Cowboys are deeply flawed
Steelers suck

Their one challenging game came against the Rams.

And Dak handed that game to them last week.

They have yet to be smacked in the mouth. We absolutely have the tools to do that.
Giants suck.

Panthers Suck.

Quality win vs Lions but it took OT.

Lost to Rams when Seahawks had 5 months to prepare for.

see, I can do it too.

Also, Geno is 0-4 against elite teams counting last year(3x loss to 9ers and Chiefs). They gonna lose to the Bengals this week. Reminder, Bengals started the season 0-2 last year and almost beat the Chiefs to make it to their 2nd straight Super Bowl.