Can the Seahawks compete with the Niners?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday etc.

I hate the Niners with passion, but FOR NOW they are the best team in football. But it's October 10th, still a LOT of football to be played. IF they stay healthy, very likely a SB contender in the NFC.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Lol. Seahawks barely beat the lowly giants and got trucked by the rams.
I wouldn't say we barely beat the Giants we won comfortably by a bigger margin than the 49ers and the Dolphins.
The 49er have been the best team in the league by a significant margin but every other team has shown weaknesses
The Eagles are 5-0 but haven't played a decent team and have hardly looked convincing, they beat the lowly Pats, Commanders and Vikings by less than a TD
The Chiefs lost to the Lions
The Cowboys not only were uncmpetitive against the 49ers but got well beaten by the Cards of all teams
The Dolphins got well beaten by the Bill who lost to the Jags.

If I was to put teams in tiers the 49ers are alone in tier 1, the Chiefs Eagles and Dolphins are in tier 2 and we are in a rather crowded tier 3 with a lot of uncertainty where we (and everyone else) stands. The one decent team we have played we were exceptional if we do a simlar job against the Bengals and Browns I think we will be clearly rated as on of the top 3 teams in the NFC.

On any given Sunday anything can happen but at present along with everyone else we are well behind the 49ers.

themunn

Reaction score
Not if Burrow is healthy.
The Bengals don't have a running game. Even with a healthy Burrow the Lions are a more multi-dimensional team, demonstrated by the fact that they were 4th in Total Offense last year (despite a slow start) and sit at 6th right now.

This year they've also flipped their defense from a league-worst 32nd to sit 6th this year.

Jac

Reaction score
There's a long way to go. Teams in the beginning of the season aren't who they are at the end of the season. Injuries hold part of the answer either way.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Of course we can compete. Can we win? That's the question. The Seahawks are a better team than last year. Right now the 9ers are clearly the best team in the league at this moment. It would take a near perfect game to beat them. Anything is possible, if our performance and game plan is sound, we can beat them. But compete? Of course we can compete.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
SF is not going to take Seattle seriously and get waffle stomped in the first match-up.

SAme for Cinci this weekend. Teams are going to be sleeping on this Seattle team, and they're going to get kicked in the head. Ask DET and NY how that turned out for them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Before the season I said yes, this roster can compete with the Niners for the division.

I thought Purdy would come back down to earth and the Niners were going to take a step back. So far that's not the case at all, in fact the Niners look like the most complete team in the entire league.

But this is only October. Things can change. We'll play them two times in three weeks coming up, so we sure as hell are going to find out the answer to this question aren't we?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Right now?

Hell no.

Niners is a complete team.

Offensively, they made it look so easy.

Defensively, they made it look so easy.

Seattle, is currently like this:

Offensively: “Sometimes, there’s enough offense.”

Defensively: “Against, bad quarterbacks and not good offenses, Seattle, looks decent defensively…”

Right now, October 10th 2023, to be serious, the Niners, would blow Seattle out much like the Cowboys got blown out.

Seattle is not consistent enough on both sides to beat the Niners right now…that’s just how Seattle is right now.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Both RED ZONE offense and defense have to improve, which IMO it will. Hawks have improved from last year even with injuries. The depth of offensive/defensive line is impressive and with returning starters the whole look for SEAHAWKS by Thanksgiving will absolutely have them on the same tier as 49er's.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Defensively: “Against, bad quarterbacks and not good offenses, Seattle, looks decent defensively…”

Right now, October 10th 2023, to be serious, the Niners, would blow Seattle out much like the Cowboys got blown out.

The way, you use commas, makes me read, your comments, as if Christopher Walken, were speaking them.

"I'm tellin', you fellas, you gonna want more offense, in your games."

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cutting down, the Seahawks!"

Slick

Reaction score
A bad strain of norovirus (the toilet-bowl painting variety) is about the only thing that can maybe make the 49ers beat-able. That or allow the Seahawks to use firearms on the field.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Right now?

Hell no.

Niners is a complete team.

Offensively, they made it look so easy.

Defensively, they made it look so easy.

Seattle is not consistent enough on both sides to beat the Niners right now…that’s just how Seattle is right now.

Me thinks you should change your name to TheLegendOfGloom.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Me thinks you should change your name to TheLegendOfGloom.
I'm sticking with Legion of Spoon. Like I said upthread currently only the perfect game by the Seahawks beat the 49ers and possibly not even then. But the NFL changes week to week depending on injuries so any given Sunday anything is possible but it's 100% correct we will be competitive and not be Dallas especially on Thanksgiving in prime time that's straight fact.

But I'm in Missouri so you have to clearly SHOW ME before I consider a change of opinion.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I wouldn't say we barely beat the Giants we won comfortably by a bigger margin than the 49ers and the Dolphins.
The 49er have been the best team in the league by a significant margin but every other team has shown weaknesses
The Eagles are 5-0 but haven't played a decent team and have hardly looked convincing, they beat the lowly Pats, Commanders and Vikings by less than a TD
The Chiefs lost to the Lions
The Cowboys not only were uncmpetitive against the 49ers but got well beaten by the Cards of all teams
The Dolphins got well beaten by the Bill who lost to the Jags.

If I was to put teams in tiers the 49ers are alone in tier 1, the Chiefs Eagles and Dolphins are in tier 2 and we are in a rather crowded tier 3 with a lot of uncertainty where we (and everyone else) stands. The one decent team we have played we were exceptional if we do a simlar job against the Bengals and Browns I think we will be clearly rated as on of the top 3 teams in the NFC.

On any given Sunday anything can happen but at present along with everyone else we are well behind the 49ers.
The Chiefs had a rough time against the Vikings as well.