Can MacDonald fix these players?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I said I didn't agree with him, and pointed out lots of examples of young coaches who have succeeded. I'm just saying don't crucify the guy.
I tend to not be a fan of people that pull stuff out of their anus to use against other people. Especially not when booze and weed are the cited references used to formulate the position taken.

bileever

Reaction score
I tend to not be a fan of people that pull stuff out of their anus to use against other people. Especially not when booze and weed are the cited references used to formulate the position taken.
I think until recently, there was a real bias against hiring head coaches in their 30s--that may be where he's coming from. Now, clearly, there seems to be a real benefit to getting a younger HC. When I was a kid, someone said to me, if you're hiring a carpenter, hire an older guy who has experience. If you need a doctor, get one who's young enough to know all the latest science. I think football coaches are more like doctors now, it's an advantage to be young and innovative, and not stuck in old ways.

LTH

Reaction score
I may not agree with @LTH, but it's a valid point. No one knows how these first-time head coaches will pan out. I like Macdonald, but his weakness is his lack of experience, not just as a head coach but overall. But we've seen a lot of smart, young coaches succeed recently--Sean McVay (age 30), Zac Taylor (35), Kevin O'Connell (36), DeMeco Ryans (38), Matt LaFleur (39) and Mike McDaniel (39)--which suggests that at age 36, Macdonald has plenty of experience.

(Btw, the age listed next to the coach is the age they were when they were hired.)
I think it just depends on what kind of support JS gives him. They need a really solid OC. the other thing that really bothers me is the Seahawks are pretty set on keeping the same culture. I think you CAN'T reproduce what Pete Carroll created. I think McDonald has to create his own culture based off of who he is. Trying to copy Pete Carroll's culture is a mistake and unrealistic.

LTH

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I think until recently, there was a real bias against hiring head coaches in their 30s--that may be where he's coming from. Now, clearly, there seems to be a real benefit to getting a younger HC. When I was a kid, someone said to me, if you're hiring a carpenter, hire an older guy who has experience. If you need a doctor, get one who's young enough to know all the latest science. I think football coaches are more like doctors now, it's an advantage to be young and innovative, and not stuck in old ways.
I think its a fan created phenomenon based on the results of the hires, and not any actual real bias.

Fans cook. What they produce from that cooking is not edible in any country on this planet.

Here are keys you will see to clue you in to this actual bias:

1. I have him ranked as a....
2. From what I can see.....
3. To me he is a.....

None of that actually matters at all. Has no releveance at all, other than people on a forum stroking their hog to the smell of their own gas.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mighty Mac will evaluate the roster, he will look at each players strengths and weaknesses and then apply them to his system to see if they would fit. Macs system is much more complicated then Petes play a gap and keep in front of you and wait for a mistake. Our defense now can't just be athletes they will now have to think, read, react, adjust. Based on players that could not maintain gap integrity, tackle, or not line up in the right spot exclusion will be based on Football IQ and attitudes. Shem, Kam, Cliff, Bobby, Bennett, were very Football smart, we lost a lot of that on the field.

Latest posts