Can Doug Baldwins 2018 stats be covered this season ?

McGruff

Reaction score
xray":du400yl0 said:
Chapow":du400yl0 said:
Some of you guys might want to pump the brakes a bit on your expectations for a rookie WR in an offense that had the least passing attempts of any team in the league last season.

The way the Hawks drafted this year ; and Wilson's contract ; predicts considerably more pass attempts this season .
Metcalf will be part of that ; but I doubt he will be showcased like many think .

Yeah, I'm not buying that at all. Seahawks gonna do what they do. Run the snot out of the ball, and buy big plays off of that. Metcalf plays perfectly into that.

They didnt pay Russ to be Ryan or Stafford. They paid him to be the most efficient deep play passer in the league. Get the most possible out of his 25 chances a game.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":1j85d79i said:
xray":1j85d79i said:
Chapow":1j85d79i said:
Some of you guys might want to pump the brakes a bit on your expectations for a rookie WR in an offense that had the least passing attempts of any team in the league last season.

The way the Hawks drafted this year ; and Wilson's contract ; predicts considerably more pass attempts this season .
Metcalf will be part of that ; but I doubt he will be showcased like many think .

Yeah, I'm not buying that at all. Seahawks gonna do what they do. Run the snot out of the ball, and buy big plays off of that. Metcalf plays perfectly into that.

They didnt pay Russ to be Ryan or Stafford. They paid him to be the most efficient deep play passer in the league. Get the most possible out of his 25 chances a game.
Too predictable ...
If they play the same offense as last season then they will be in contention to lead the league in 3 and outs . They were the 5th worst last season . They will utilize slot receivers more then we're used to seeing this season ; and will pass more overall . Count on it . :snack:

McGruff

Reaction score
I can count on you being disappointed.

They are going to improve on what they have done. Because while they lost some battles (3 and outs), they won the war . . .

pehawk

Reaction score
xray":1ndhaue4 said:
McGruff":1ndhaue4 said:
xray":1ndhaue4 said:
Chapow":1ndhaue4 said:

Too predictable ...
If they play the same offense as last season then they will be in contention to lead the league in 3 and outs . They were the 5th worst last season . They will utilize slot receivers more then we're used to seeing this season ; and will pass more overall . Count on it . :snack:

Did we draft another QB and a shorter center? Quick hits utilizing slot receivers happened only once, for like 8 weeks in 2015. And that only occurred out of necessity.

McGruff

Reaction score
6th in the NFL in scoring.

7th in time of possession.

That's what matters.

McGruff

Reaction score
Improve the efficiency a tad, maybe shake up 1st down calls a little.

And get the defense to get its ass off the field. That's the bigger problem.

Pete is gonna be Pete. It's not changing.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":2b1ukgoz said:

They are going to improve on what they have done. Because while they lost some battles (3 and outs), they won the war . . .

So 3 and outs is OK? Two things they can improve on this season. 3 & outs and cut the sack total down to 40...

McGruff

Reaction score
xray":35z6q8mn said:
McGruff":35z6q8mn said:

So 3 and outs is OK? Two things they can improve on this season. 3 & outs and cut the sack total down to 40...

3 and outs are awesome. Keep the offense fresh for their flutey dancing.

Of course improvement is good.

But even with that. . . 6th in scoring and 7th in TOP.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
pehawk":2tboy53n said:
xray":2tboy53n said:
McGruff":2tboy53n said:
xray":2tboy53n said:

Too predictable ...

Did we draft another QB and a shorter center? Quick hits utilizing slot receivers happened only once, for like 8 weeks in 2015. And that only occurred out of necessity.

Those 8 games was Wilson's best stretch and Baldwin's best season ever ! Something wrong with that ? :0190l:

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":30qdo8iv said:

That's what matters.

What matters is winning the division and then again in the playoffs...not stats . GO HAWKS

GeekHawk

Reaction score
xray":17t18xnc said:
McGruff":17t18xnc said:

That's what matters.

What matters is winning the division and then again in the playoffs...not stats . GO HAWKS

Then why do you keep whipping out the 3rd-&-out stat? It's a stat, and doesn't matter according to you. You just said so.

McGruff

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3v2ghb9n said:
xray":3v2ghb9n said:
McGruff":3v2ghb9n said:

That's what matters.

Then why do you keep whipping out the 3rd-&-out stat? It's a stat, and doesn't matter according to you. You just said so.

Yup.

Tical21

Reaction score
xray":2pqzverc said:
McGruff":2pqzverc said:
xray":2pqzverc said:
Chapow":2pqzverc said:

Too predictable ...
If they pass more overall, it will mean something went very, very wrong.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Tical21":2rtqoohl said:
xray":2rtqoohl said:
McGruff":2rtqoohl said:
xray":2rtqoohl said:

Too predictable ...

If they pass more it means that they have decided to open up the offense and let Wilson do his thing . They can hopefully get faster starts get leads early and force their opponents to play catch up ball instead of the Hawks playing from behind far too much . I am confident that Carroll is going to open up the passing game regardless of what some think.

Tical21

Reaction score
xray":mww1cac9 said:
Tical21":mww1cac9 said:
xray":mww1cac9 said:
McGruff":mww1cac9 said:

Too predictable ...

If they pass more it means that they have decided to open up the offense and let Wilson do his thing . They can hopefully get faster starts get leads early and force their opponents to play catch up ball instead of the Hawks playing from behind far too much . I am confident that Carroll is going to open up the passing game regardless of what some think.
Been there, seen that, never wanna go back. If you watched the previous 3-4 seasons and didn't realize how desperately we need to be run-dominant, I'm not sure I can work with you on this. One way we win, one way we lose.

McGruff

Reaction score
xray":1f20t5rn said:
Tical21":1f20t5rn said:
xray":1f20t5rn said:
McGruff":1f20t5rn said:

Too predictable ...

What is Wilson's thing?

McGruff

Reaction score
Tical21":14idvrop said:
xray":14idvrop said:
Tical21":14idvrop said:
xray":14idvrop said:
Too predictable ...

Been there, seen that, never wanna go back. If you watched the previous 3-4 seasons and didn't realize how desperately we need to be run-dominant, I'm not sure I can work with you on this. One way we win, one way we lose.

Also, see games 1 and 2.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":3lh4137t said:
Tical21":3lh4137t said:
xray":3lh4137t said:
Tical21":3lh4137t said:

Also, see games 1 and 2.

So be run-dominant or lose. I totally disagree . IMO if they stay in a run first and foremost rut ; then a 10-6 season is all they can hope for . If they open up the offense they should win the division .

McGruff

Reaction score
That's an opinion, for sure. A very common one.

But one that will be disappointed, because it isnt going to happen.

At least, not nearly to the extent most want.