Cameron Young

bileever

Reaction score
It's still early, and Cameron Young has only played 61 snaps, but so far the 123rd pick in the draft is grading out far better than all the interior linemen taken before him, except Jalen Carter and Keanu Benton. PFF gives him a 68.6 grade, which puts him at 37th among all interior D-linemen.

He's ahead of Calijah Kancey, 59.2 (61), Brian Bresee, 57.3 (71), Colby Wooden, 56.9 (74), Mazi Smith, 53.3 (87), Adetomiwa Adebaware, 47.8 (101) and Zach Pickens, 47.5 (102). Other players taken before him, like Garvon Dexter and Siaka Ika aren't even on the list, so they aren't playing or injured. Most of those players were taken in the first or second round.

He's also ahead of our interior defenders from last year, Poona Ford, 51.5 (98), LJ Collier, 37.0 (124) and Quentin Jefferson, 57.4 (69). So I think we did a good job of self-scouting in jettisoning those players. LJ Collier is who we thought he was, but I'm surprised about Poona. I guess he just fell of the cliff last year, and hasn't recovered.

Myles Adams has only played 49 snaps, but he's our highest rated lineman, at 77.2 (14th). Mario Edwards is 18th with 74.5. Jarran Reed is 32nd with a grade of 71.0. Dre'mont Jones is 59th with 61.2.

toffee

Reaction score
Clearly, not keeping last year's crew was the right decision, what we have now is better. I am still secretly hoping that we drafted Keanu Benton instead of Derek Hall, Benton was on most of my mock drafts, and I must confess the first time I heard of Hall was when we drafted him. Mazi and Kancey were on most of my mocks too, these two isn't contributing to their team at all.

But we shall see, the season is still young.

toffee

Reaction score
Can Mone make a comeback? Otherwise, Cam Young could be crucial to our success.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I really like how they are slowly working Cam into the fold and allowing him to develop. He’s a nice addition to the team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's still early, and Cameron Young has only played 61 snaps, but so far the 123rd pick in the draft is grading out far better than all the interior linemen taken before him, except Jalen Carter and Keanu Benton. PFF gives him a 68.6 grade, which puts him at 37th among all interior D-linemen.

He's ahead of Calijah Kancey, 59.2 (61), Brian Bresee, 57.3 (71), Colby Wooden, 56.9 (74), Mazi Smith, 53.3 (87), Adetomiwa Adebaware, 47.8 (101) and Zach Pickens, 47.5 (102). Other players taken before him, like Garvon Dexter and Siaka Ika aren't even on the list, so they aren't playing or injured. Most of those players were taken in the first or second round.

He's also ahead of our interior defenders from last year, Poona Ford, 51.5 (98), LJ Collier, 37.0 (124) and Quentin Jefferson, 57.4 (69). So I think we did a good job of self-scouting in jettisoning those players. LJ Collier is who we thought he was, but I'm surprised about Poona. I guess he just fell of the cliff last year, and hasn't recovered.

Myles Adams has only played 49 snaps, but he's our highest rated lineman, at 77.2 (14th). Mario Edwards is 18th with 74.5. Jarran Reed is 32nd with a grade of 71.0. Dre'mont Jones is 59th with 61.2.
Great post. Thank you for taking the time to compile all those numbers!

I've been impressed with Young he's definitely been making a difference out there.

Chevy

Reaction score
I would like our 3 starting defensive lineman, in our 3-4, to be Jaren Reed at LDE...Cam at NT...and Jones at RDE. Reed has shown to be a pass rushing threat on the D-line, play him at LDE he could be even better. Cam has the length and strength to start at NT...Jones at RDE with Reed & Cam starting with him, would make him more of a threat as a pass rusher.