Beastmode mad?

jake206

Reaction score
From today's Seattle Times article:

'Lynch’s irritation seemed to boil over during a sequence in which Seattle scored its first touchdown in the second quarter.

Seattle needed three plays to score from the 1-yard line, with two Russell Wilson runs failing to get the ball in before Wilson then hit Golden Tate with a 2-yard scoring pass.

Lynch could be seen gesturing in apparent frustration as he came off the field.

Carroll brushed off Lynch’s actions afterward.

“He’s a competitor,’’ Carroll said. “He wants the ball. He wants to put the ball in the end zone. He wants to help us win. He got the ball eight times tonight — he didn’t have a chance tonight. And we couldn’t get him the football. It had nothing to do with anything other than that.

“He was frustrated by that and I am, too. We are both frustrated. We were sitting on the sidelines together frustrated.’’ '~Bob Condotta

Last week was the middle finger to the side lines. Wonder what's going to happen next week, if we don't feed the Beast?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Well giving him the ball only eight times was a decision. It was decided not to give him a chance... Not very impressive playcaling from Bevell.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Its like Bevell decided to copy Leslie Frasier in how to not run an offense. If you have a star RB like Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson, by all means USE him. Other teams would kill to have a franchise RB like that.

kearly

Reaction score
Stack the box with 8, sometimes 9 defenders ...take away Wilson's escape lanes... consistently get to the QB in 3 seconds or less... it's the perfect recipe to foil Seattle's offense, which no way to counter pressure other than to run the football. But when teams stack the box, running usually isn't smart. And the Rams were winning the battles in the run game all night, on both sides of the ball.

Seattle desperately needs to develop some form of a quick passing game. Quick passes, screens, bubble screens. Something.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Question: Why the heck was Russell running the ball in goal line situation and not giving it to Marshawn? WTH. Please explain to me, Darrell Bevell.

dunceface

Reaction score
Tonight it felt like when we first got Marshawn where he would get hit in the backfield then fight 3 defenders for 6 yds for a 1 yd gain...so I don't blame them for abandoning the run most of the time because it was getting us nowhere and we usually weren't in a position that afforded us the luxury of just running the ball.

Now when we were on the goal line I think we tried the QB keep because it was one of the only things that had been successful on that current drive just like against the Texans when they were constantly in our backfield and I believe Beast told Russ to just do his thing and it was successful so I get that part but twice in a row on the goal line?

welp we won so there's that

bellingerga

Reaction score
jake206":2fw8bem1 said:
Last week was the middle finger to the side lines. Wonder what's going to happen next week, if we don't feed the Beast?

he was flipping off that chump Bevell, a sentiment I share.

ALOT of times this year where Bevell tries to get cute and either screw us over or like tonight, almost get Russ killed on a night he's already taking a million hits, when he could have just handed off to the toughest, nastiest running back in the NFL.

If you don't trust Marshawn Lynch enough to give him atleast one chance to get a couple yards, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
I get that read option is their thing, but getting QB smashed like that is not a great formula for long term success. Redskins are finding that out in a hurry.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
kearly":tvl0esuw said:
Stack the box with 8, sometimes 9 defenders ...take away Wilson's escape lanes... consistently get to the QB in 3 seconds or less... it's the perfect recipe to foil Seattle's offense, which no way to counter pressure other than to run the football. But when teams stack the box, running usually isn't smart. And the Rams were winning the battles in the run game all night, on both sides of the ball.

Seattle desperately needs to develop some form of a quick passing game. Quick passes, screens, bubble screens. Something.

This is what Gruden was talking about in the booth last night. They were stacking the box in order to force Wilson to beat them with his arm. They targeted our weakness in the Oline and rightly so. We didn't counter enough with the quick out routes and screens. Gruden said one of the ways you defeat 8 in the box is the screen.

LawHawk

Reaction score
Let's not forget that running backs need decent play by the OL just like the QB does dropping back to pass. He was getting hit in the backfield. If I were him I would be pissed at McQuistan, not Bevell. I don't think it was a stupid decision to give up on the run because it wasn't working. 8 rushes... for 23 yards. Not hard to explain why he didn't get more.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta Pooch that cant be screwed...

The only things I am disappointed with was RW keeping on the read at the goal line and Wilson unable to find a hot read.

He has done it before. Bevell was counting on it, but when Wilson is getting killed and the line is gashed the run game needs to be forced regardless of the success. It wouldn't have hurt them tonighy.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Consider time of possession, we barely ever had the ball and when we did, every single snap we had a race to the QB, their line was suffocating us.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":v3bhtzfk said:
kearly":v3bhtzfk said:

This is what Gruden was talking about in the booth last night. They were stacking the box in order to force Wilson to beat them with his arm. They targeted our weakness in the Oline and rightly so. We didn't counter enough with the quick out routes and screens. Gruden said one of the ways you defeat 8 in the box is the screen.

That's what really bugs me about last night's game: our inability to adapt to what the Rams were doing. St. Louis put together a great game plan on both sides of the ball, whereas Seattle didn't seem capable of making any adjustments to try to beat that game plan.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Why couldnt you give him the ball Pete?

This is on your ass Pete! 8 men in the box? Scheme around it and make things happen.

Out coached all night long. We did nothing to adjust. Embarrasing.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
kearly":1lt5tdcr said:

#truth - Nothing you can do against 8 & 9 man stacked boxes which is EXACTLY why we need receiver help BAD.

Slick

Reaction score
The question is:

Do we have the necessary personnel to run screen passes if other teams Xerox the Rams' defensive strategy? I know we've ran some screens and bubble screens before but there must be reason we don't do them often.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Wow Lynch acting like Dez Bryant. I wonder what some of u guys will think, cuz I know what u guys wrote on Dez.

McGruff

Reaction score
LawHawk":n13mri4d said:
Let's not forget that running backs need decent play by the OL just like the QB does dropping back to pass. He was getting hit in the backfield. If I were him I would be pissed at McQuistan, not Bevell. I don't think it was a stupid decision to give up on the run because it wasn't working. 8 rushes... for 23 yards. Not hard to explain why he didn't get more.

3 yards per rush is better than 1 yards per pass, which is what we averaged in the first half.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Carmon1274":f1sdu6f2 said:
Wow Lynch acting like Dez Bryant. I wonder what some of u guys will think, cuz I know what u guys wrote on Dez.

Did you miss the sarcasm button. Did you even see the game? The two are NOTHING alike. Sorry.