Baker Mayfield: Seahawks most likely option

Rosco

Reaction score
The Browns don't "have" to cut Mayfield, and there are some that think that they may keep him as an insurance policy, a possibility made more likely due to Watson's looming suspension:

The Browns might “make it work” with quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson both on the roster this coming season.

Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry hinted at keeping their full quarterback room, which also includes Jacoby Brissett, while discussing the situation at the annual league meeting Tuesday — noting that the Browns are in no rush to make moves “at the most important position in sports.”

CBS Sports’ Josina Anderson reported Tuesday that it’s “entirely possible” the Browns enter Week 1 this year with both Mayfield and Watson on the team.

Cleveland is just trying to salvage Bakers trade value or salvage what little value he has

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't care less if they sign him or not. The team is going to struggle in 2022, after a solid decade of football overall. I just want him here because I enjoy laughing at people freaking out. Yes, I'm petty like that :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Can’t see the team either paying Mayfield $18.5 M guaranteed, or trading any early draft pick for a player on just a 1 yr. deal.

Maybe the two teams will figure things out for a trade to happen but the Browns will have to blink first. Either that or they are stuck eating the whole of his $18.5 M guaranteed deal.

diver110

Reaction score
I have my doubts about Mayfield, too, but for next year he would probably be our best option if the price is right. We already know Smith and Lock are not starting material. They had plenty of opportunities to prove themselves and fell short consistentl.

Rosco

Reaction score
I have my doubts about Mayfield, too, but for next year he would probably be our best option if the price is right. We already know Smith and Lock are not starting material. They had plenty of opportunities to prove themselves and fell short consistentl.
Have you actually watched Drew Locks career? Hard to say Lock had plenty of opportunity considering the lack of opportunity he was given in Denver.
Mayfield is slow, injury prone and doesn’t have the arm talent that Lock has.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Baker is most likely headed to Carolina. Which means the Panthers will be looking to unload Sam Darnold. My guess is Darnold will end up with the Seahawks, he's a much better fit with Pete than Baker could ever be.

Rosco

Reaction score
Baker is most likely headed to Carolina. Which means the Panthers will be looking to unload Sam Darnold. My guess is Darnold will end up with the Seahawks, he's a much better fit with Pete than Baker could ever be.
If they aren’t going to pay Bakers 5th year option, they’re not going to pay Sam Darnolds 5th year option either

Latest posts