QB Geno Smith
RB Chris Carson
3d round 71 or 72 pick

for

QB Baker Mayfield
RB Nick Chubb

Rosco

Reaction score
well, lets see. A 4.8 40 at the combine.

would we be signing him to be a WR or CB?

and 6’1. Not tall but not shot either.

RW? 5-10 1/2 and 4.55 40. Combine numbers.
Like I said, short and slow. Will always be prone to injury cause he can’t outrun Dlinemen.

balakoth

Reaction score
Would you guy do

QB Geno Smith
RB Chris Carson
3d round 71 or 72 pick

for

QB Baker Mayfield
RB Nick Chubb
I mean everyone would do that... if you turned on accept all trades in Madden...

LIke seriously? EVERYONE would do that.... is this even a real question?

The browns wouldn't unless they were complete morons

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would take him easily. He was a number one pick for a reason. He had a good first year and was really injured last year. He isn't great but he is leaps and bounds better than Lock or Geno. If Pete wants to truly compete this year I would bet they plan on trying to sign him after he is cut.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I'm not sure Baker's is what our OC wants in a QB. I think Lock may be a better system fit, (or Geno or Minshew).

Also, Baker had issues with OBJ to the point outsiders believed OBJ was washed up. Then we see what Stafford does with OBJ and it became apparent that the issue was Mayfield.

getnasty

Reaction score
People forget how good Baker was two years ago. Last year he was dealing with injuries all year so he gets a little bit of a pass to me.

I find it funny that people complain about the commercials too. Literally every QB in the league would do those commericals if they had the chance. Plus there filmed in the off season not the Friday before a game.

GemCity

Reaction score
Geno's not a fit for any system. Reading this board lately, I feel like I have some disease where I'm the only person who saw that he was awful when he started.
Make that two of us.

Reactions: Rat

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Personally, I was not offended by Mayfield's perceived slight of our Hawks. Indy has it going on but it's not like Seattle has anything less than a Steller reputation for winning. Plus it's a damn good place to live. No longer Siberia or Egypt, I'd think most players would be happy to play for us.

A poster above said he just needs to STFU. I totally concur. But if he decides to not STFU, I'd like to hear his explanation for that comment before holding it against him.

toffee

Reaction score
Geno's not a fit for any system. Reading this board lately, I feel like I have some disease where I'm the only person who saw that he was awful when he started.
This Geno? DK, Dissly, and the middle of the field show?

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I am not at all convinced that Mayfield will one day lead any team to Superbowl, with that, only sign him if he is coming inexpensively without costing us higher round draft picks. Otherwise, rather go with Lock or someone like Geno as our bridge QB.
I still think the team makes a bigger difference than the QB...recent examples: Stafford this year, and Brady last year(remember Brady's grotesque INTs in Green Bay?)
I could be way off, but Baker, especially throwing on the run, reminds me of (a slightly shorter) Archie Manning, who was 1970 Pick 2, between Plunket and Pastorini.
Unfortunately, Archie had many low win seasons in New Orleans.
For me, Lock is bigger, stronger...faster...19 months younger, much less expensive, and apparently much less abrasive. A team needing abrasive personality could be Baker's best fit.

Rosco

Reaction score
People forget how good Baker was two years ago. Last year he was dealing with injuries all year so he gets a little bit of a pass to me.

I find it funny that people complain about the commercials too. Literally every QB in the league would do those commericals if they had the chance. Plus there filmed in the off season not the Friday before a game.
Fools gold. If Mayfield has a top 10 oline, top 10 receiving core of receiver and TEs and great RBs,he can play decent. Otherwise he’s too slow to outrun any Dlineman and he gets injured. He’s not anywhere close to good enough to compensate for any flaws in your offense.

toffee

Reaction score
I still think the team makes a bigger difference than the QB...recent examples: Stafford this year, and Brady last year(remember Brady's grotesque INTs in Green Bay?)
I could be way off, but Baker, especially throwing on the run, reminds me of (a slightly shorter) Archie Manning, who was 1970 Pick 2, between Plunket and Pastorini.
Unfortunately, Archie had many low win seasons in New Orleans.
For me, Lock is bigger, stronger...faster...19 months younger, much less expensive, and apparently much less abrasive. A team needing abrasive personality could be Baker's best fit.
I watched Archie play in Ole Miss, Archie was an idol, Baker ain't Archie.