Article: How to Build a Team, by a Giants fan

rideaducati

Reaction score
Missing in his post is the fact that Pete actually gives players the opportunity to compete for starting jobs. Most coaches SAY they do this, but Pete LIVES this. Best players actually do play in Seattle.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":11bcyata said:
loafoftatupu":11bcyata said:
BreesIsOverrated":11bcyata said:
Giants themselves built a great team from the mid 2000s to 2011. I would be more than satisfied with 2 Super Bowl Titles in 5 years. Unfortunately for them I think they may need a major overhaul to contend in the future.

I don't agree. The Giants can easily tune up without a complete overhaul as long as Coughlin is coach. They have been and remain dangerous. What has been key for them is that they have made the most out of just making it in to the playoffs. The Hawks are in a different situation these days. The Niners are super competitive and force a high level of success just to make the wildcard, higher than most just to win the division.

The Giants will be able to get it together pretty quickly IMHO and once again have that chance they are so dangerous with.

I agree.

The Giants always seem to do this. They have a really down year and then bounce back and win the freakin' Super Bowl when nobody expects it.

Coughlin is a great coach and Eli has his moments in big games.

They just somehow pull that off better than anyone. They are just a team that can step up when they really have to. They give a whole new meaning to the term "wildcard".
I don't think they should rebuild as long as Coughlin is coach, but if he goes they might have to. When you think about it, his nature is very Parcells like. I swear, between Parcells and Walsh, there is a TON of success generated simply because those guys existed as coaches.