Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Green Bay)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great thread, love it.

If you score more than the other team.......you're gonna' win the game.
Ron Fairley

Hawks take this one

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Packers' defense is being underrated. They just picked up DL Quinton Dial, and drafted a couple cornerbacks that Dom Capers is extremely excited about. Those additions are coming exactly where Russell Wilson doesn't want them to (physical corners against our midget receivers, a DL up front against an untested OL - that's how we lost to Tampa).

Bevell will inexplicably forget about the read option, again.

Lacy will start out and get little done. By the third quarter, they'll give some carries to either Rawls or Prosise, who will immediately start ripping off big gains and cause Pete to immediately revert to Lacy. Drive stalls, field goal.

This is a collision between the two QBs who are probably MOST immune to pass protection deficiencies, and both will have defensive linemen in their faces for a good portion of the game. In the end, it's a defensive fight decided by a fluke play or two. Seattle loses and it doesn't mean much - Week 1 and everything - but it does get the negative nancies coming out of the woodwork.

Seattle 16
Green Bay 20

RTD: 0-0

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2z6thgpi said:
Lacy will start out and get little done. By the third quarter, they'll give some carries to either Rawls or Prosise, who will immediately start ripping off big gains and cause Pete to immediately revert to Lacy. Drive stalls, field goal.

Ugh, you just gave me shivers, in a bad way. I can totally see this happening.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3g439uk2 said:
Not really sure how threads like these are productive or even entertaining. It is close to the equivalent to betting money against your team to lose and then saying "if they win I'm happy, if they lose I'm happy". I am quite confident that the OP could do a thread that gives an opinion on what needs to happen for Seattle to win and if they don't they will lose or vice versa (ie.if Seattle does this they will lose). Would that not still fall in line with a "Prediction Thread"?

Honestly not being facetious, I just think going into a game thinking a team you root for is going to lose, takes away from the enjoyment of the sport. What needs to happen for us to win and lets hope that happens. No?

Just my two cents, no harm meant.

We have been doing these for as long as I can remember, we have hundreds of threads a week discussing a lot of aspects of teams games and what if's, this is one where we try not to piss in each others coffee, now do you want decaf or regular blend?

Joygazm

Reaction score
24-13 Seahawks

4 sacks by DL
Jimmy Game MVP
3 plays over 20 yards by Offense
Oline gives up 2 sacks.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
23-17 Hawks

Settling for FGs keeps it the score close, but Hawks are in control throughout.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8c8pxk24 said:
Speaking of FG's, their kicker is nails.
Crosby? He's OK, but he seems to always piss off McCarthy at least once a year. Blair for comeback player of the year!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
31 - 24 Hawks

Weak Pats D vs strong Hawks D.

Rodgers needs a late TD to tie and can't get it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Will be a frustrating 1st game. Our pass rush will improve but our secondary is in for a beatdown. Lacy/Rawls struggle.

Seattle 17
G. Bay 27

Jerhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":ppsjj1b6 said:
Not really sure how threads like these are productive or even entertaining. It is close to the equivalent to betting money against your team to lose and then saying "if they win I'm happy, if they lose I'm happy". I am quite confident that the OP could do a thread that gives an opinion on what needs to happen for Seattle to win and if they don't they will lose or vice versa (ie.if Seattle does this they will lose). Would that not still fall in line with a "Prediction Thread"?

Honestly not being facetious, I just think going into a game thinking a team you root for is going to lose, takes away from the enjoyment of the sport. What needs to happen for us to win and lets hope that happens. No?

Just my two cents, no harm meant.

Packers 28 Seahawks 17

Shaquill Griffin gets picked on, and picked apart routinely throughout the game, causing Death Row to have no significant pass rush due to Rodgers getting rid of the rock so quickly.

Wilson has thrown a combined 9 INT'S in the last two games vs the Pack. Expect him to have a terrible game. No pass protection, Bevell gets away from the run too soon.

Even through this frustrating loss, and among everything I'll break, it'll be totally worth it because we love our Seahawks

Steve2222

Reaction score
DJrmb":25z97yw6 said:
Seahawks 24
Packers 20

Seahawks get a late TD to take the lead and go for two so a FG won't tie. GB ends the game on a failed Hail Marry.

Yeah...a team would never go for two so a FG can't tie it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The only way Green Bay wins is if Russell throws 5 picks and gives them a short field on every possession like he did last game.

Seahawks 27
Packers 17

DJrmb

Reaction score
Steve2222":27kasfse said:
DJrmb":27kasfse said:
Seahawks 24
Packers 20

Seahawks get a late TD to take the lead and go for two so a FG won't tie. GB ends the game on a failed Hail Marry.

Yeah...a team would never go for two so a FG can't tie it.
Sure they could it depends on how the flow of the game is going. Is it likely? Nope. But that wasn't the point. A hot take is something that probably won't happen but you're calling it anyways. Like Lacy is going to score 4 TD's and go for 200 yards, mark it down! :D

NJlargent

Reaction score
If I look at this game objectively, our OL and OC are not good. Our defense starts off slowly it seems frequently and GB will carve us up the first series and we are down 7–0 on the road in a statement game. Packers 37-20.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm usually pessimistic, and that crowd is gonna be fired up with HATE! Make no mistake. These fans HATE us! They still haven't gotten over the "Fail Mary" (legit catch of course, offensive possession is all that matters, but let's not open that stupid can 'o worms). But I think most of the hate comes from them going full retard at the end of that NFCCG. It was THEIR FAULT! Our plays that won in that fateful game were the result of their screw-ups. Bostick of course, but then that Ha Ha Dicks non-play on the two-point conversion. That opened the door to the heroics. So quit blaming US for that one! lol

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rodgers is good, no doubt about it, BUT, the Seahawks Defense is going to give him shit-fits.
Lacey & Carson, and a smattering of Prosise thrown in there, and the Seahawks win this contest handily.
Seahawks over Packers 34, - 27
YTD record = 1 & 0.....Tsright, I am that confident in my Hawks winning this one.

Slick

Reaction score
Aggravating blowout to start the season. Offense is ineffective and maybe Carson gets going late.

GB 35
SEA 17

Latest posts