Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Green Bay)

Palmegranite

Reaction score
38-13 Seahawks. Expect most games this season to end up with this or worse, lopsided scores.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":279pr0im said:
c_hawkbob":279pr0im said:
Picking games is predicated on who you think will win, not who you would prefer to see win. It's no deeper or more complicated than that at all.

I think we lose 24-20 and this forum will be a minefield for a week.

Doesn't make me any less a "true fan" than the guy that feels obligated to pick the Seahawks every week to affirm his fanhood, just more pragmatic.

And there is the straw man. Fine you are a true Seahawk fan. How about this,,,pick us to lose and I say you are not a very good one. There is a median between "rose colored glasses" and "pessimist". You want to pick us to lose, fine, don't bother watching the game because,,,,,,,,,,,, obviously you know what is probably going to happen so why bother putting yourself through the misery. If you are a "true fan" why would you put yourself through that?

True fans go through misery when we lose.

There is no straw man there at all, in fact I doubt you have a good understanding of what a straw man is beyond a cool sounding thing to say in an internet argument. (hint, were I to make this entire reply about the straw man argument, it would become the actual straw man)

Your telling me I might as well not watch because I think I know what is going to happen as ridiculous as my telling you you may as well not bother watching because you already know we're going to win ... neither of us, nor anyone else reading this, knows what's going to happen today and you are just plain wrong in thinking you're somehow more anxious to watch the game, or will be happier if we win, or more bummed if we lose because you feel obligated to pick us to win every week.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1mggutwt said:
seahawkfreak":1mggutwt said:
c_hawkbob":1mggutwt said:
Picking games is predicated on who you think will win, not who you would prefer to see win. It's no deeper or more complicated than that at all.

I think we lose 24-20 and this forum will be a minefield for a week.

Doesn't make me any less a "true fan" than the guy that feels obligated to pick the Seahawks every week to affirm his fanhood, just more pragmatic.

And there is the straw man. Fine you are a true Seahawk fan. How about this,,,pick us to lose and I say you are not a very good one. There is a median between "rose colored glasses" and "pessimist". You want to pick us to lose, fine, don't bother watching the game because,,,,,,,,,,,, obviously you know what is probably going to happen so why bother putting yourself through the misery. If you are a "true fan" why would you put yourself through that?

True fans go through misery when we lose.

There is no straw man there at all, in fact I doubt you have a good understanding of what a straw man is beyond a cool sounding thing to say in an internet argument. (hint, were I to make this entire reply about the straw man argument, it would become the actual straw man)

Your telling me I might as well not watch because I think I know what is going to happen as ridiculous as my telling you you may as well not bother watching because you already know we're going to win ... neither of us, nor anyone else reading this, knows what's going to happen today and you are just plain wrong in thinking you're somehow more anxious to watch the game, or will be happier if we win, or more bummed if we lose because you feel obligated to pick us to win every week.

You argued that your position doesn't make you less of a true fan, in quotes. Seahawkfreak never argued that people were less of a true fan, specifically. While he does suggest that he finds the behavior to be strange and questions the competitor in fans that elect to pick their team to lose -- he never argued the specific point of "true fan" (unless I missed that somewhere along the thread).

Thus, a straw man argument.

:sarcasm_on:
Now that I just argued for a point made by a Coug I am going to go :pukeface:
:sarcasm_off:

With all of that said... Bulaga being out changes my perspective of this game. I was pretty much at the point of a 50/50 ballgame prior to that, and now think that Seattle has about an 80% chance of victory.

31-13 Seattle.

Latest posts