Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Cardinals)

kf3339

Reaction score
So we blew the Cards out at their house last year, but I'm not sure that was representative of both teams. We needed the win and they really didn't at that point.

Now I see both teams having potential injuries that hurt both sides. So it really is a difficult game to predict.

I'm loyal so going with Hawks 24-16. But this game could go either way.

RTD: 4-1

Decimation

Reaction score
We will win. Russ and JG will go off on AZ. Containing David Johnson will be key in this game. If we are able to stop him, which I believe we will, we win comfortably.

Seahawks 24
Cardinals 10

Hawker

Reaction score
Sherm has our defense fired up. Even if Bennett is out, margin of victory will still surpass 2 scores.

Hawks 31 - Cards 10

RTD: 4-1

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Missed last weeks' score by one point. This week: Hawks 31 Cards 17. Palmer has a strained hammy so their passing attack with suffer and we contain Johnson for the most part. Multiple-sack game for the Hawks D.

YTD: 4 - 1

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I suppose Arizona is a 2 point favorite (now 1 point) because they are playing at home? I propose a different outcome.

Seattle- 24
Arizona- 10

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":o4tfhpep said:
The narrative this week is how the Cardinals look to be getting back to that championship-caliber form many media folk predicted before the season. While there's no doubt that the Cardinals are still one of the more talented rosters in the NFL, color me unimpressed for beating up what we now know is a Jets team spiraling down the toilet. Yes, good teams should beat bad teams handily and the Cardinals did just that, but this is the 4-1 Seahawks coming to town, where if memory serves, have no problem beating the crap out of them in their home turf.

I do think the Cardinals are going to rebound somewhat but they have a brutal stretch ahead so as long as we stay the course, this division is ours to lose.

I don't expect a dominating performance, but then again it's Sunday Night Football where this team can really light things up, so maybe I do.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Cardinals 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-1

Nothing but dominance this Sunday

Seahawk 42

Tards 21

Jerhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":c5z67x9c said:
Jerhawk":c5z67x9c said:
The league is looking for payback from last week. The zebras will be out in full force.

The team struggles to get out of its own way. Mistakes and penalties kill the team in the desert.

Arizona 24 Seattle 20

RTD 1-4

You've thought we'd be 1-4? and then 1-5 after this week?

If my RTD is 3-13 or worse at the end of the season, then I'll give myself a pat on the back. You'll thank me later

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Defense will be hot after last week.

Seattle 38
Arizona 0

ZERO.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
My gut says AZ gets the win due primarily to their desperation and our injuries but there are some things that I can't shake.

Last years game in Seattle was a fluke. No coincidence the best prime time team in the NFL, playing at home should have been a snoozer by halftime unfortunately that doesn't make for good TV so not so surprising we found ourselves in a 1st or 2nd and 20 to 25 inside our own 10 yard line each of our first 5 drives. Almost impressive how well the officials game planned for how to slow us down. Or maybe it's just a freak coincidence.

From the "this weeks officials" thread we have had good success with the crew that is officiating this game. Even though it would make for more entertaining football for these teams to keep pace with each other at least outside of Seahawk fans, I don't get the feeling the officials are going to be a big part of this game.

It's inside and on turf. At a place we have had good success, a prime time game and I don't think the officials will be a factor and now Palmer is possibly gimping. Sounds ideal right?

Still gut says we leave this game without the W. Hope I'm wrong and every sign points to me being wrong. Just a bad gut feel.

Close game. 24-22 AZ

Largent80

Reaction score
Cards may be without both of their "Brown" WR's. One has sickle cell, the other is also gimped.

mort

Reaction score
It's prime time, we got this.
163-3 Hawks
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":gjc1alas said:
Cards may be without both of their "Brown" WR's. One has sickle cell, the other is also gimped.

No John Brown would be nice, he's the type of WR that gives this team problems.. even though he's struggled.

Jaron Brown is meh.

Regardless, David Johnson and Fitzgerald are the guys to worry about with the Cardinals offense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I had to wait until the injury report came out. No Kam worries me a bit, so I'm going to raise the points AZ scores.

I think we hold AZ's running game in check. Teams are so worried about getting beat deep, that AZ runs the ball well. They don't have a great OL, and I don't think they match up well against our DL.

I would worry about Johnson, but we just saw this refrain last week, from 2 RB's equally adept at catching passes out of the backfield. Seeing the way our LBers played them, I'm not too worried he'll do a ton of damage. He'll get his, but won't be a game changer.

Sherman plays well against FItz. If he travels with him, he'll lock him down. John Brown is out and Jaron Brown was limited. That leave one good WR against Shead and I think Shead matches up well with him.

Our DL is getting better pressure on the QB than last year, and AZ's OL gives up pressure this year. I think we get enough pressure on Palmer to rattle him. He's a bit beat up right now, so hitting him will be even more effective. I think he throws at least one INT.

I'm not sure how we'll run on AZ. Historically, we do well, but this OL is still struggling to piece together the run game. Pass protection has been very good. If Wilson is mobile at all, we'll be fine. I don't see them overwhelming us here.

Graham is a mismatch on their LBers. I don't see Lockett making an impact.

I initially thought we'd win easily. I'm getting some uneasy feelings about Kam being out, so I'll go:

Seahawks: 24
Cardinals: 20

RTD 4-1

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I KNOW that the Cardinals want this one really bad, as losing Sunday for them would (for all intents and purposes) mean the season would be over for them. That said, I honestly think the Hawks walk away with this one in the end. For me, all you need look at are the numbers of the starting QB's against each other at University of Phoenix Stadium ...

YearComp.Att.Comp%Yards PassingTD’sINT’sQB RatingQBR
2015281967.9%19730123.796.2
2014312064.5%33920122.996.7
2013291862.1%23530122.165.0
2012341852.9%1531162.524.9
Total1227560.0%92491106.04---
[tdo=9] Russell Wilson’s Career Passing Stats @ U. of Phoenix Stadium [/tdo]

YearComp.Att.Comp%Yards PassingTD’sINT’sQB RatingQBR
2015251248.0%1291160.347.0
2013453066.7%2581270.416.7
Total704260.0%3872366.78---
[tdo=9] Carson Palmer’s Career Passing Stats vs. Seahawks @ U. of Phoenix Stadium [/tdo]

Palmer has historically struggled against the Seahawks anyway. Being limited in practice with a hamstring issue and likely without WR John Brown (the Card's deep threat and #2 receiver)? Not good if you're a Cardinals fan. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson is starting to look more and more like his old self again.

To me, all that just reeks of another Arizona upset ... and yet another game in which the chants of "Sea-Hawks" by the 12's likely drown out the Cardinals faithful. Let's go with ...

Seahawks 24
Cardinals 13

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This one was hard. I just have a bad feeling. Up to this point, I had us winning pretty confidently every other game. I can't put my finger on it as if I break it down to matchups in my mind we win, but my gut says we don't.

Refs will be watching our DB's close after last week. No kam, but I think we probably spent a lot of time this week going over the communication mistakes from the falcons game, so not too concerned there. They have a good run game, but we also are one of the best at not allowing big runs as we swarm to the ball. Our offense vs their defense could go either way, just depends on us executing.

I have to pick us with me being on the fence, but as I said, I won't be talking much shit about dominance or laying any cash down on this one.

Go hawks.

hawks 20
cards 16

ytd 4-1

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People are underestimating these defenses. Neither team is going to be putting up 20. Our tackles will be flat on their backs against Arizona's edge rushers, and it will be the same for theirs.

With Carson Palmer old and Tyrann Mathieu gimpy, I'm giving the edge to the Hawks.

SEA 17
ARI 13

RTD: 2-3

RussB

Reaction score
I smell a blowout. Defense is going to be like sharks in the water against palmer and the offense after the blown coverages last week.

hawks 34
cards 10