Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Cowboys @ Seahawks)

Tokadub

Reaction score
I just watched the Cowboy's last 2 games in condensed format (against Saints and Texans), and I never thought I would say this but...

I think the Cowboys actually match up with us really well right now... :pukeface:

This game is just giving me a funny feeling, something seems a bit off just like that Chargers game. The big difference being obviously that we are at home this time and that really does change EVERYTHING. But speaking from a purely X's and O's + stylistic/strategic stand point, I think the Cowboys look capable of beating us. I have some questions about our team and if certain vulnerabilities/weaknesses are legit or if it's just a product of facing elite QB's, bad bounces, bad refs, etc...

If this game was in Dallas I think I would actually pick them to win :pukeface: :177692: :180670: :141847_bnono:

And here's why I think they match up well against us:

1) Our Pass Rush has been questionable, we haven't been getting sacks and most QB's are putting up respectable if not straight up good stats on us so far.

Against the Texans who have a frighteningly scary pass rush (JJ Watt is like on Speed or something the way he jumps off the line so fast it looks like he's off-sides half the time), the Texans were only able to sack Romo once.

If our pass rush can't generate pressure maybe Romo can overcome the crowd noise?

2) DeMarco Murray looks like their own little beast mode right now. He's averaging 134 yards per game and 5.2 yards per attempt! He's leading the league in 1st downs with 37 (compared to the next guy who has 26 and Marshawn Lynch has 15)!

Yes, I know we are ranked #1 in the league in opposing rushing yards...

But in our 3 victories the opposing team averaged only 19 rush attempts.

In our one loss the Chargers ran the ball 37 times! Murray is averaging 26 carries per game and if he can get anywhere close to his average of 7 first downs per game that could make things a lot easier for Romo.

So really I'm not ready to say how good our run defense truly is until I see this game.

Remember in the pre-season where the Oakland Raiders drove the ball down field effortlessly on our 1st string defense? Their big Running Back was literally mauling our guys and making them look like little girls?

Now I know DeMarco Murray isn't that big (he's 6'0'' 217 pounds), but I'm more concerned about Dallas's Offensive Line creating huge running lanes for him.

3) Our Zone Defense could be a problem this year, so far we are 22nd in Opposing Passing Yards... if Romo can handle the pressure of the 12th man he could have a big day.

4) We aren't generating turnovers, we only have 3 this year. For some reason I think that we will fail to win the turnover battle tomorrow, which sounds crazy against Tony Romo at home...

I like the way the Cowboys are tackling right now, and I think they could force a fumble or two on Lynch/Harvin/Wilson. And perhaps even get an Interception on one of our receivers (most likely Kearse) bobbles the ball and fails to come down with it like he normally does.

5) The weakness in the Cowboys Pass Defense appears to be in the middle of the field. It seems like we almost never pass the ball to that area.

If we keep passing it out wide that seems to be the strength of Dallas's defense, and I suspect they will have a boatload of nice tackles on us for minimal gains.

However the Cowboy's Rush Defense could be our saving grace, I think Harvin especially but also Wilson and Lynch might need to have huge rushing games to ensure a comfortable victory.

6) I have for the past few weeks predicted the Seahawks to score over 30 points. It just hasn't happened since week 1 even though I think we have the potential to do so quite easily.

If we continue to play below our potential on Offense Dallas could be in a great position to steal the game if any of my above points turn out to be true.

Conclusion:

Dallas appears to be a dangerous team offensively, and I expect them to come into this game a lot hungrier than we will. And their defense has been over performing compared to all the talk we heard pre-season how they could be the worst ever.

This spells the recipe for disaster and I would pick the Hawks to lose if it was in Dallas.

That being said, I think a lot of my observations/analysis here is based on Dallas playing perfectly... which is pretty much impossible at Century Link....

So Tony Romo could very easily blow the game with an interception (or 2-3), and it could be a much easier win than I anticipate.

Seahawks win 30-27!

Record: 3-1

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Seahawks 38, Dallas 24

I see Seahawks up by 21 at half time & then hanging on for the win. RW gets 4-TD's, 3 passing & 1 rushing, Will Paul Richardson finally get some significant targets way downfield = hope so that could be the game changer.

Posted from the 9th Island sports bar and grill in Kapaa on the Island of Kauai, Hawaii. (Great place, Lots of 12's here in their gear, even 1 guy in a Hawks helmet in spite of the 86 degree weather.)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3u55v5xu said:
I have a secondary random prediction to make:

This game will be closer than most people think.

Prediction made on 10/10/14 at 3:41pm PST...So I can brag later, or get called out later. :lol:
Well, I was fairly accurate, closer than most thought.

...Laloosh is the official Nostradamus, though. Predicted the loss. Good work, Laloosh.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4cdrcanh said:
RolandDeschain":4cdrcanh said:
I have a secondary random prediction to make:

This game will be closer than most people think.

Prediction made on 10/10/14 at 3:41pm PST...So I can brag later, or get called out later. :lol:
Well, I was fairly accurate, closer than most thought.

...Laloosh is the official Nostradamus, though. Predicted the loss. Good work, Laloosh.

Dude, don't throw me in front of the bus right after the game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3am4st56 said:
Seattle wins a close game late, defense again looks pedestrian at times thanks to a continued lack of a pass rush but gets one timely turnover.

Dallas Cowboys 24
Seattle Seahawks 27

YTD: 1-2
I was wrong about the defense managing to get a timely turnover.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I am surprised and so happy we were able to go in there and win. Especially after seeing all these ridiculous blow out predictions on here. I thought we would lose a close one but man am I thrilled with a close win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":1mu6wpyd said:
Throw you in front of the bus? I'm propping you up. Ignore any superstitious ninnies that think you "caused" the loss by predicting it.

Be proud of your football acumen.

BraveHeartFan":1mu6wpyd said:
I am surprised and so happy we were able to go in there and win. Especially after seeing all these ridiculous blow out predictions on here. I thought we would lose a close one but man am I thrilled with a close win.
Congrats on your win. A game well played across the board by Dallas. Well, excluding special teams, I guess.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7lxa4d6s said:
Laloosh":7lxa4d6s said:
Throw you in front of the bus? I'm propping you up. Ignore any superstitious ninnies that think you "caused" the loss by predicting it.

Congrats on your win. A game well played across the board by Dallas. Well, excluding special teams, I guess.

I'm just slightly worried that one of said ninnies, is going to shank me at the local Starbucks...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Laloosh":3g9vuvzx said:
RolandDeschain":3g9vuvzx said:
Laloosh":3g9vuvzx said:

I'm just slightly worried that one of said ninnies, is going to shank me at the local Starbucks...

Unless you look a lot like Darrel Bevell, you should be fine