Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ 49ers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's see, we get thrashed at home on Thursday Night Football 35-13 a couple weeks back by the 9ers. Eagles just had their serving of thrashing at home with a similar score. 49ers with Deebo and Williams healthy are 16-0. They are damn-near unstoppable. I would love to be defiant and show my crazy fandom and say we will shock the world but let's get real. The Hawks can't put a complete game together to save their lives. Too many issues, simply not good enough I'm afraid.

All I ask for is to not get waxed again. Make it a damn game.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - 49ers 28

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-5

morgulon1

Reaction score
If by miracle the Seahawks play a complete game...

They still get cooked.

Seattle 20
Santa Clara 30

Morgulon 5-7

xray

Reaction score
SF will sit their ones in the 4th quarter and still win by 10 . I may be kidding...or not . :)

Chawker

Reaction score
C hakes 8

49ers 43

Record I'm a loser, just like my mighty seahawks.

Funny scoce I predicted. Reminds me of better times.

Fearless my azz.

LTH

Reaction score
I been thinking about this game a lot! The 9ers are the best team in football... I think there is little doubt about that.

The question is, who are the Seahawks? For weeks I have been waiting patiently for the break out game. Now they are 6-6 and it looks like the break out game is not coming... most will think that.

I don't feel like at any point the Seahawks have found their identity on who they are as a team. Maybe that is because of injuries, maybe that's because of inconsistant coaching, inconsistant poor play calling. Maybe that is because of lack of discipline resulting in timely, costly peneltys. Maybe that is because of developing youth or maybe it's a little bit of all these reasons together.

The one thing That I know for a fact is, if the Seahawks don't put together a perfect game, they will lose.

The biggest factor I see in this game for the Seahawks will be, can they make SF respect the run game. Because if they don't SF will destroy the Hawks. Walker is questionable, probably won't play. The Hawks will be depending on Dallas who I think is a roll player who definitely has an important roll on this team but he is NOT a dynamic player. We have yet to see McIntosh and looking at history I don't think the Hawks will play him much but this is the question who will start at RB and how effective will that run game be.

The wild card in this whole thing is Pete Carroll. When was the last time the Hawks lost 4 in a row? There is a lot of heat on Pete right now. HOW will he respond to that? These are defining moments for Carroll, for his coaching staff. Could we see them build off a break out offensive performance last game VS Dallas? Maybe...I don't put anything past Carroll.

I think the Hawks have the talent to push SF, even beat them if all the stars line up just right. The question is can the Hawks put together a great game plan and play championship football for 4 quarters.
Conventional wisdom says No.

I think it's possible but not likely the Hawks win this game but like I say Carroll is on the hot seat and he responds when he is backed into a corner so I put nothing past him. Remember the playoff win vs the Saints. I want to pick the upset but because they are likely not to have a run game, I'm picking the Niners

Hawks 10
Niners 41

With the Hawks having a run game

Hawks 38
9ers. 37

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't think it will be quite as one-sided as the last embarrassment but the 9ers are favoured by 10.5 and most are predicting a less close game than that.

I think the Hawks keep it close until the the 4th Q when the wheels finally fall off and they lose 34-21. They will need to show up though and if they don't they will get pounded and it will get ugly.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think we'll see ZERO adjustments from the previous game. This one gets ugly, fast.
9ers - 45
'Hawks - 10

bileever

Reaction score
The 49ers have beaten the Eagles 42-19, the Cowboys 42-10, the Jaguars 34-3, all bigger beatdowns than our 18 point loss to them on Thanksgiving. So it's understandable that they are double-digit favorites.

To win, we'll have to be able to hold them defensively while being able to score a few points. Not sure that will happen. In looking back to the last game against them, it looks like they tried the Minnesota strategy of trying to exploit the secondary. That didn't work, so we'll have to see what the game plan will be this time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The team comes out swinging. We make it a game for the first time in a while against these bastards. Catalyze their next losing streak by giving them a punch in the mouth, even if we miss out here.

30-24. Niners. Overtime.

0-0 for me. Haven't been predicting.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Seattle has no chance.

That said, 11-6 baby! Gonna have to steal this one.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
This is on my Christmas list.
Be good to me Santa...Claus not Clara.

Hawks - 27
9ers - 24

Record: 6-6*
*I can't not pick the Seahawks.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Good God, imagine the shit show .NET would be if that was actually the score.
It would probably be worse if it ended up 31-30 with the Offense failing to take advantage of multiple game winning drive opportunities.

I think most here expect the team to play like shit and get blown out. They are prepared for that result.

For the Seahawks to play to their ability while the 49ers shit the bed would get the fans hopes up for the first 50:00. Then to choke it away at the end would be the perfect nut punch to make everybody go crazy.