Anthony Richardson aced the s2 cognition exam

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only comparable QB to come out at Hendon Hookers age and have some success is Ryan Tannehill (and he was a WR to QB convert). Every other QB to be drafted at 25 or older have all been busts. Every single one.
He plays in a gimmicky offense that only has him read half the field. Not to say he couldn't learn a real offense but it does mean all those gaudy stats might not translate well. I would be pretty disappointed if we used a first round pick on him.

Tennessee under Heupel runs a more complicated offense than Florida does, that's for sure. Basically a hybrid RPO with zone runs and vertical route trees.

Florida's spread Mike Leach-esque one read we're never going to run the ball spread offense is about as basic as it gets.

It's why a LOT of experts are wary of Richardson, he needs YEARS of learning and development to catch up the NFL game.

You can bag on Hooker for his age and potential injury issues, but to criticize the offense he ran is flat out wrong.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yep.

Hooker's a much better value pick later in the 1st round. Seasoned, experienced with 80% of the upside of Richardson.....and because of his age and injury history will be available at 20, or to trade back into the late 1st to draft.

No. He scored in the 40s on this test That is actually more predictive of who will fail.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The only comparable QB to come out at Hendon Hookers age and have some success is Ryan Tannehill (and he was a WR to QB convert). Every other QB to be drafted at 25 or older have all been busts. Every single one.
He plays in a gimmicky offense that only has him read half the field. Not to say he couldn't learn a real offense but it does mean all those gaudy stats might not translate well. I would be pretty disappointed if we used a first round pick on him.
Aren't you guys making the same argument for Richardson on completion percentage though? You have one example, kind of, (Josh Allen). Every other QB to throw for that low a completion percent was a bust. Every single one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No. He scored in the 40s on this test That is actually more predictive of who will fail.

Ahh yes, the test that's only been around for like 6 years is a more predictive metric than the other test that only had barely a 50% accuracy rate.

You guys are really reaching on talking yourselves into Richardson.

Just brace yourselves for when we draft Carter or trade down.........and don't draft Richardson.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Hawks aren't picking at 5, they're trading down. Also I don't see them selecting any "buzz" QB's. If they do pick a QB this draft, it won't be in the 1st round.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
You can bag on Hooker for his age and potential injury issues, but to criticize the offense he ran is flat out wrong.
My point about Hendon Hooker is that he does in fact run a gimmicky offense. Which does not compare to any NFL offense. So we have no idea how he would look running one.
I'm not claiming Richardson doesn't need work, he does.
What I am saying is that Hooker is projection as well but not nearly as gifted athletically.
That does not add up to being a first round pick to me when you add in his age and injury.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to want a trade down..I'm not impressed with any of the QB's
in this draft for the next level.
if we can get a later first and the first for next year I will be very happy.
A later one and another 2 could be very nice too it depends but Anderson
is the only one I'd use a 5 on.
All the others QBs/Carter are too big of risks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to want a trade down..I'm not impressed with any of the QB's
in this draft for the next level.
if we can get a later first and the first for next year I will be very happy.
A later one and another 2 could be very nice too it depends but Anderson
is the only one I'd use a 5 on.
All the others QBs/Carter are too big of risks.
Thanks to those scouting vids put up on AR and CS It opened my eyes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My point about Hendon Hooker is that he does in fact run a gimmicky offense. Which does not compare to any NFL offense. So we have no idea how he would look running one.
I'm not claiming Richardson doesn't need work, he does.
What I am saying is that Hooker is projection as well but not nearly as gifted athletically.
That does not add up to being a first round pick to me when you add in his age and injury.

Neither does Richardson's body of college starting experience. He was projected in the 2nd round as recently as December, it wasn't until the combine when he ran super fast and jumped super high in his underwear that we all decided he was the next coming of Joe Montana.

I'm merely pointing out that Hooker is a better value later in the 1st than Richardson is at 5. That's all. Both are risky.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score

From what I've heard from experts on this is that negative outliers are very telling. Its not that Stroud got a lower score than young but rather how bad strouds was. I mean a 60 would have been slightly concerning but to get an 18?? Damn thats bad

CPHawk

Reaction score

massari

Reaction score
This data would suggest (based on averages, risk analysis) if you don't get the #1 QB it's better to wait until the middle of the 1st round rather than panic and grab another guy top 5....

View attachment 58789

So if they trade down to #6, whichever QB they like will have a 25% less chance of becoming a bust?

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Someone watch this and tell me he's good.

The thing is, look at how much pressure the guy was under and what he ended up doing in those situation. Sure, he missed some open guys but a number of those throws should have been caught. He avoided the negative yardage sacks and sometimes got a decent gain or completion out of them. How many other QB's would have escaped those situations? This against the #1 team in the nation in his first full year as a starting QB. I am not saying he is the answer, just saying you have to take a look.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The thing is, look at how much pressure the guy was under and what he ended up doing in those situation. Sure, he missed some open guys but a number of those throws should have been caught. He avoided the negative yardage sacks and sometimes got a decent gain or completion out of them. How many other QB's would have escaped those situations? This against the #1 team in the nation in his first full year as a starting QB. I am not saying he is the answer, just saying you have to take a look.
Georgia's defense wasn't exceptional and was especially unexceptional the first couple of months. Georgia had a great offense. Dealing with pressure is part of the game. He wasn't playing with scrubs, this is Florida.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If Jalen Hurts can end up the highest paid player in league history, this guy has a better chance to do so than Jalen did coming out.
Hurts was second in Heisman voting threw for almost 4,000 yards at 69% his senior year. He was underrated coming out of college. Richardson is about to be a top 10 pick and he hasn't shown anything besides exceptional physique.