Anthony Richardson aced the s2 cognition exam

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He’s either going to be a bust or megastar.

It’s a chance I’d like us to take.

If not, we’re still coming out looking real good after this year’s draft.
Good point. And this #5 pick was a huge bonus vs. what we thought we would get before the season.
Opinions vary that's for sure. I want them to go D Line, but if they feel good enough about this guy, it could happen and who knows? Maybe he'll end up being a beast.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
“The company recently looked at 27 starting quarterbacks. (Some of the older veterans like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers had entered the league before S2 began testing in 2015 and there are no scores for them; Brees took the test while already playing in the NFL.) Of that group, 13 had a career passer rating above 90. The average S2 score of those players was the 91st percentile. Those with passer ratings below 90 had much lower test results.
“Those 14 guys, the average score was in the low 60s,” Ally said.”
Athletic source here

CactusJack

Reaction score
Next year there are supposed to be more blue chip quarterbacks. Of course we hear that every year. But even if that's true, it's gonna be hard for the Hawks to land one at pick 32.
It's fool's gold.

Caleb Williams will be the consensus #1 pick. But the rest of the pack is underwhelming.

Both Young & Stroud are better prospects than Drake Maye. He's the #2 guy at the moment. But is vastly overrated as a prospect.

If Anthony Richardson we're to come out next year, he'd probably end up being the 2nd QB taken after Williams.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Malik Willis 2.0. Willis had the highest scores of all the QBs last year on the Wonderlic. Same kind of hype. There were many people who mocked him to the Hawks in the first round.
They couldn't be more different in how they actually look on the field. Richardson is vastly more athletic, a much more natural athlete, has a better arm, and is a quicker learner on the field. Richardson actively improves as games go on and is figuring out coverages basically on the fly during games, while Willis has never looked anything other than absolutely and hopelessly lost.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I would take Carter (BPA) or Witherspoon. Assuming Anderson is gone.

My prospect rankings:

1. Bryce Young
2. Jalen Carter
3. Bijan Robinson
4. CJ Stroud
5. Will Anderson
6. Devon Witherspoon
7. Christian Gonzalez
8. Tyree Wilson
9. Anthony Richardson
Richardson at 1 Richardson at 20 Both picks at 5 and 20 for AR... he is the real deal

GemCity

Reaction score
Next year there are supposed to be more blue chip quarterbacks. Of course we hear that every year. But even if that's true, it's gonna be hard for the Hawks to land one at pick 32.
I totally agree. I hear the chatter about trading for a first rounder next year but you’ve either got to A. Totally suck or B. Give up extra draft capital to get into the Top 10 range…let alone 5th.

If we don’t pick one, fine. But I’d hate to see the guy we skipped becoming an All-Pro by year 3.

There’s a bit of a bonus here too…taking a guy like AR and seeing him becoming a star, courtesy of the Broncos and Russell Wilson.

Intentional or not, we already did something similar when when we beefed up our line last draft and watched RW suffer a career high in sacks.

The irony just “makes sense” to me.

toffee

Reaction score
Feeling a bit positive about Richardson, this is what I have read so far:
  1. Good size, as big as Big Ben, but chiseled.
  2. Very athletic on unheard of level.
  3. Good cognitive skill from S2 report.
  4. Strong arms.
  5. Mechanic needs improvement.
  6. Decision making needs improvement.
  7. Inconsistent accuracy.
  8. Lacking in college production.
By drafting Richardson at 5, we may have to sacrafice the opportunities to draft Carter, or Anderson. But we may still be able to draft Kancey at #20, he may not be Carter, but he could take more snaps. Even at #37, we could draft an ED. We may not have to 2nd day pick on a NT.

Last edited:

warden

Reaction score
If we are picking at 32 we don’t need to land one

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The problem with Richardson is he's a bad quarterback.
Agree. Brock Purdy had better college stats than Richardson and ended up being mr. irrelevant in 2022 NFL draft. Maybe it's not that drastic for Anthony but I think he's definitely not top 5.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Agree. Brock Purdy had better college stats than Richardson and ended up being mr. irrelevant in 2022 NFL draft. Maybe it's not that drastic for Anthony but I think he's definitely not top 5.
I went back and watched a bunch of Purdy tape and genuinely was impressed. Richardson has a giant body and an insane arm, but almost nothing else. He's not even a great runner.

Here's the bowl game vs Oregon

Short throws are spot on every time, great accuracy into coverage, good mobility with some quickness.

CactusJack

Reaction score
The problem with Richardson is he's a bad quarterback.
The thing with Richardson is that he's not really a fit for the scheme. He's not someone who you necessarily want to run more of a West Coast offense. That's not how he will be best utilized. So then, do you have to replace Waldron?

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The thing with Richardson is that he's not really a fit for the scheme. He's not someone who you necessarily want to run more of a West Coast offense. That's not how he will be best utilized. So then, do you have to replace Waldron?
Scheme is malleable, especially with a rushing threat at QB.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Scheme is malleable, especially with a rushing threat at QB.
True. But we also saw how Geno was such a good fit in this offense.

Richardson, you're going to want to implement an offense that is designed around more RPO's & QB runs.

His short to intermediate passing game isn't a strength of his. Which is what a WCO is reliant on.

Which is why it's beyond crucial that he land in a place that understands how to best make use of his strengths/weaknesses.

He could be great, in the right system. i.e. Lamar in Baltimore.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's fool's gold.

Caleb Williams will be the consensus #1 pick. But the rest of the pack is underwhelming.

Both Young & Stroud are better prospects than Drake Maye. He's the #2 guy at the moment. But is vastly overrated as a prospect.

If Anthony Richardson we're to come out next year, he'd probably end up being the 2nd QB taken after Williams.
Williams will make Kyler Murray look like a mature great leader. Caleb will end up being a coach killer and have the locker room turned on him by year 2-3.

Latest posts