An interesting Seahawks video

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
So it’s ok to overpay for Geno because you have cheap rookies? Bad news for you…Hawks already overpaid for safeties and probably a TE. That bill isn’t going away, all you can do is push it into future years and suffer for it then.

Payne is a nice player, but even if the Commies somehow let him reach the market…where are you finding the money to pay him as well?

If everything goes according to the optimistic plan laid out in the video (which includes the above and another stellar draft with immediate production), are you winning it all in the next couple years?

After that the bill comes due and you’ll be looking at a Saint’s like scenario of cap hell and probably wasting the prime years of those rookie deals.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Good video. Salient points, and I like the idea of signing Payne, thus freeing up our #5 pick for a qb, corner, or whatever they feel is best. Elvis makes a good point above however. Not sure how we're going to sign everyone if we overpay for Geno.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My problem with some of y'all 'This or That' 'Theories' on Geno, is that 1, we don't KNOW that he's going to price himself out of Seattle, and to just 'Assume' that he wants to break the bank is silly....#2, assuming that you can just Draft a FOR SURE winning Quarterback is just as absurd, oh sure, you'd probably save a few million by going cheap, but the GOAL is to -Get Better-, not just tread water, and possibly backslide into obscurity.
The Seahawks badly need that #3 WR and a Center that doesn't rate at the very bottom of the League to HELP Geno or WHOEVER the hell winds up being our QB.
On Defenses having "Game Film" on Geno? for sure, but what they also have a full season of, is a Center that played like sh*t, RB's that just can't be counted on to stay somewhat healthy and that Geno has FEWER targets than what was afforded the 49rs (our chief rivals).
Bottom Line, if anyone actually believes that ANY Quarterback could come in and Magically transform our INCOMPLETE and SPUTTERING Offense any better than Geno? I have a really nice bridge I wanna sell ya.
Oh and BASF, Thanks for the Video, it was 'Spot On'

NoGain

Reaction score
No, nothing stuck out on the laughmeter to me, though my attention may have wavered at that particular moment.

I like the idea of getting an impact DLman in FAcy before the draft to help our run defense, get some interior push, and give us more draft day flexibility. Hard pass on the CB pick in the first round. There will be other potential impact draftees at positions of greater need. Hell, I'd go Michael Mayer over his CB pick if you're going to pick a player at a less needful position. At least we'd potentially get our impact 3rd receiver target for whomever is our QB.

Bringing Geno back makes a lot of sense to me, but I'm just dumfounded by the 30+ million price tag. I'm just not at all convinced that he'd get that on the open market. I get it that it only takes one team, but I don't want to bid against ourselves when it comes to Geno's price.

There's going to be so much back and forth stuff about personnel issues this off-season.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
#2, assuming that you can just Draft a FOR SURE winning Quarterback is just as absurd, oh sure, you'd probably save a few million by going cheap, but the GOAL is to -Get Better-, not just tread water, and possibly backslide into obscurity.
1991 First Round #16 Overall = Dan McGwire
1993 First Round #2 Overall = Rick Mirer

Backslid straight into NFL Hell for an entire decade+

WarHawks

Reaction score
My problem with some of y'all 'This or That' 'Theories' on Geno, is that 1, we don't KNOW that he's going to price himself out of Seattle, and to just 'Assume' that he wants to break the bank is silly....#2, assuming that you can just Draft a FOR SURE winning Quarterback is just as absurd, oh sure, you'd probably save a few million by going cheap, but the GOAL is to -Get Better-, not just tread water, and possibly backslide into obscurity.
The Seahawks badly need that #3 WR and a Center that doesn't rate at the very bottom of the League to HELP Geno or WHOEVER the hell winds up being our QB.
On Defenses having "Game Film" on Geno? for sure, but what they also have a full season of, is a Center that played like sh*t, RB's that just can't be counted on to stay somewhat healthy and that Geno has FEWER targets than what was afforded the 49rs (our chief rivals).
Bottom Line, if anyone actually believes that ANY Quarterback could come in and Magically transform our INCOMPLETE and SPUTTERING Offense any better than Geno? I have a really nice bridge I wanna sell ya.
Oh and BASF, Thanks for the Video, it was 'Spot On'
Really? Where's the bridge at? I've been looking for one to parade the team on after our sb win in a few years with our new rookie qb.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
1991 First Round #16 Overall = Dan McGwire
1993 First Round #2 Overall = Rick Mirer

Backslid straight into NFL Hell for an entire decade+
Exactly!
I'm pretty certain that Pete & John has contingency plans (transition or Franchise Tag) to fall back on should it come to an impasse.
Like Soulfishhawk said, "it's an Opinion" as to whether or not Geno is "Good Enough, or just okay, I'm hanging my opinion on the Pete & Company Tree, because I actually believe that They, more than anyone in here knows if Geno is actually the right guy for the Seahawks '23' campaign.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Really? Where's the bridge at? I've been looking for one to parade the team on after our sb win in a few years with our new rookie qb.
TRUST ME, it's in Timbuktu Wyomington, I bought it off a guy who bought it off another guy that was sold on the idea that Rick Mirer wasn't going to be a bust.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Plenty of time has gone by and none of you noticed that at the 5:23 mark he talks about Tariq

URL]

but puts up Coby Bryant's photo?

URL]

I found it hilarious.

QWERTY

Reaction score
So it’s ok to overpay for Geno because you have cheap rookies? Bad news for you…Hawks already overpaid for safeties and probably a TE. That bill isn’t going away, all you can do is push it into future years and suffer for it then.

Payne is a nice player, but even if the Commies somehow let him reach the market…where are you finding the money to pay him as well?

If everything goes according to the optimistic plan laid out in the video (which includes the above and another stellar draft with immediate production), are you winning it all in the next couple years?

After that the bill comes due and you’ll be looking at a Saint’s like scenario of cap hell and probably wasting the prime years of those rookie deals.

That's true and some are false too.

But the rookies expire in 2026. And DK Jamal Adams and Lockett expires in 2026 as well. So what I'm saying is if you give Geno a 2 year deal with overpaying him, it's still an option. But anyways I don't like Geno, and I really believe in a cheap QB and bluffing that #5 pick for a QB so that other teams are willing to trade 2024 1st round picks for it.