ALDS - Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros Oct 11-17

nwHawk

Reaction score
Forgot that Suarez was taken out the game in the 9th. Lol. SS threw in all his chips in the 9th. Another backfire.
Yeah, I kept thinking that every time D Mo came up with a chance to end the game.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dave Roberts pulls Tyler Anderson after 85 pitches, Dodgers immediately then give up 3 runs. LA fans are pissed as should be. Even just 10-15 years ago managers were not pulling their starters this early in playoff games.

TIMD

Reaction score
discussion for another day and thread perhaps, but how did moving the fences in make the OF bigger?

View attachment 55128
The OF is smaller with the fences in. Outfielders are closer together, less room to cover & these fly balls are always caught right at the last second. It's either homerun or fly out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't fathom seeing that game as anything but incredible. How soon people forget that the Cheatstro's had SEVERAL chances and left guys on base. It took 18 innings for them to even score a run. Not just the M's who were squandering opportunities. We saw one of the best pitching performances in MLB history. Period
Alvarez and Altuve went a combined 0 for 14 in game 3. Now THAT is impressive pitching.
In fact, Altuve was 0 for 16 in the series.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah we aren’t getting Judge. Mets and Yankees are going to throw the bank at him.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
When is the last time the Yanks let a player go that was in their prime and a perennial All-star?

Can't think of any in the last...oh...30 years or so.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If theirs no viable options for hitters.. we need a good bomber that doesn't have a below 200 ave.. then gotta get some pitching.. Bring back Diaz.. I wanna hear the trumpets at Tmobile