Agent: Jalen Carter to visit only teams with top-10 pick

knownone

Reaction score
Considering the source, this likely means that Rosenhaus is either confident that teams in the top 10 are still interested in drafting Carter, or he's trying to convince teams that a top ten team is interested in drafting Carter, thus, driving up his client's value.

The idea that this is a reflection of Carter's character is silly.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I would be totally stoked if 3 of the Hawks first four picks were Carter, Bresee, and Smith.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Considering the source, this likely means that Rosenhaus is either confident that teams in the top 10 are still interested in drafting Carter, or he's trying to convince teams that a top ten team is interested in drafting Carter, thus, driving up his client's value.

100%

Carter just presumes his agent knows best and does what he says. That's why he (will) pays him. I think it was Rosenhauss that was feigning a phone call while on TV to get Willis McGahee drafted many years ago.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Is this news? Is Anderson, Young or Stroud visiting teams outside the top 10? I’ve gone back and forth on Carter, but I’m back on team Carter. Too much hate coming his way from fans who want to question everything he does.

FWIW Sapp dropped out of the top 5 also due to rumors of drug use and other character concerns.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
my thing I keep coming back to is his lack of production. How is it possible that he has so few tackles much less only 3 sacks?

ivotuk

Reaction score
my thing I keep coming back to is his lack of production. How is it possible that he has so few tackles much less only 3 sacks?
Poor production, poor conditioning, poor attitude. I don't see all the hype over Jalen Carter.
PLUS! Didn't we learn our lesson with Malik McDowell?

AND. Do you really want to draft a potential Henry Ruggs? What would the fallout be if Jalen Carter got in a car accident that killed innocent bystanders?

NOTHING is worth that risk.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Top Ten? what?!!?!! with 6 Total sacks?!?, I mean c'mon man, some things just aren't adding up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the more I learn...no thanks. Just read an article about the crash, 104MPH, driving in to oncoming traffic! Crashed in to an Apartment Building! A total disregard for the safety of others. He KNEW that girl was drunk, and participated in racing anyway.

How he got away with only misdemeanors is beyond me. Especially with a HISTORY of this kind of behavour. I guess a National Championship earns one a get out of jail free card.

"Carter was driving the same Jeep last fall when he was busted doing 89 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was forced to pay a whopping $1,013 speeding ticket."

Article:

Jalen Carter, the University of Georgia standout expected to be a top pick in this year’s NFL draft, was allegedly zig-zagging and driving against traffic as he raced an SUV before it hit a curb and flew into an apartment building, killing his teammate and a recruiting staffer.

Cops said Carter, 21, was driving more than double the speed limit in his 2021 Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk as he raced a 2021 Ford Expedition driven by a drunk LeCroy. A release said both vehicles frequently switched lanes and even drove against traffic “in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other.”

LeCroy was allegedly driving 104 mph just before she struck a curb, which flung her SUV airborne into two utility poles, two trees, and into an apartment building

The crash happened around 2:45 a.m. after Carter, LeCroy, Willock, and other UGA players were captured by security cameras leaving a strip club in downtown Athens

“Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the fatal crash,” a release from police said.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I would take Bresee before Carter
There are a LOT of other players that are every bit as, if not MORE SO deserving of being picked in the top ten, I mean there are guys who've devoted their everything they have to their position, didn't take plays off, put in the hard work and have every bit as good OR BETTER film to prove that they belong in the top ten, Anderson is just ONE EXAMPLE and there are others who aren't blowing their horns, or making excuses as to why they didn't want to prove their worth at the Combine.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I would agree it is always a perk to have choices and am confident our staff has compiled alternate plans for any circumstance. I trust them to know what they're doing and openly admit I almost never get their choice's nailed. Having said that I've seen them flub on their choices enough time to keep trying to influence the plan.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
As a Bears/Seahawks fan, I have two reasons to want the Seahawks to draft Carter:

1. He will be a great addition to the Hawks defensive line.

2. Keep him away from the Lions. Please!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As a Bears/Seahawks fan, I have two reasons to want the Seahawks to draft Carter:

1. He will be a great addition to the Hawks defensive line.

2. Keep him away from the Lions. Please!
How bout da bears?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Top Ten? what?!!?!! with 6 Total sacks?!?, I mean c'mon man, some things just aren't adding up.
This! How is he even considered a top talent when he can't stay on the field, can't sack anyone, and can't tackle anyone? Hello? Are we all taking crazy pills here?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This! How is he even considered a top talent when he can't stay on the field, can't sack anyone, and can't tackle anyone? Hello? Are we all taking crazy pills here?
As I have said before (here and on the Bears forum), the differences of opinions on Carter is that some people look at statistics and others look at the tape.

Chevy

Reaction score
There are a LOT of other players that are every bit as, if not MORE SO deserving of being picked in the top ten, I mean there are guys who've devoted their everything they have to their position, didn't take plays off, put in the hard work and have every bit as good OR BETTER film to prove that they belong in the top ten, Anderson is just ONE EXAMPLE and there are others who aren't blowing their horns, or making excuses as to why they didn't want to prove their worth at the Combine.
Anderson didn't prove his worth at the combine or his Pro-Day. He only did the 40-yard dash testing. He also doesn't have a high motor, he shuts it down to quickly. But, man he talk like an alpha dog/elite competitor during interviews.

HawksNation

Reaction score

Probably because he doesn’t have enough stamina to do that many visits….

Just like we saw at the pro day!
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂