Adams contract

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Adams is out again...yes!!! However is there any chance Adams is just sitting out to get some guaranteed injury money into next year? Like what Denver was trying to avoid with Wilson? I am not sure if this is at all the case so asking the pros at .net.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Adams is out again...yes!!! However is there any chance Adams is just sitting out to get some guaranteed injury money into next year? Like what Denver was trying to avoid with Wilson? I am not sure if this is at all the case so asking the pros at .net.

Adams can choose to sit if he wishes but if there’s an injury guarantee you can bet that money is only guaranteed through a physical and whether he plays or not has nothing to do with passing a physical. Sitting would only help him pass the physical.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The organization and Pete are irritating. It’s insulting to say it’s injury related when we all know what’s up. Maybe there’s a slight chance they’re telling the truth but I call bs.

Dishonest? Maybe. Disingenuous sure. Denver Broncos. No. What a shitshow that organization is.

flv2

Reaction score
I see nothing listed that would benefit Adams by messing the Seahawks around. The Seahawks are under no obligation to do the right thing and make Adams a FA when the market opens. He has more to lose than he has to gain...unless he's retiring.

Not signing a replacement 2024 contract within the next few days will be a bad sign.

Jville

Reaction score

The brief answer is no and no.

Russel Wilson's contract stipulates that his 2024 salary of $18.4 mil is fully guaranteed. If Wilson is still on the Bronco roster on March 21, 2024, his 2025 salary becomes fully guaranteed as well. So March 20th of 2024 is the last date for capping the bleeding of cap space and Wilson expenditures.

Jamal Adams no longer has any contract stipulated salary guarantees left on his contract.

knownone

Reaction score
Whether his injury affects his play is debatable, but Seattle is probably using the injury to allow Adams to save face when he was likely benched.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Whether his injury affects his play is debatable, but Seattle is probably using the injury to allow Adams to save face when he was likely benched.
Yeah, prior to last week, Adams had played on all but one snap for the four straight previous games, so it's very unlikely that he'd been suffering from an injury that is now serious enough to not even suit him up. It's an excuse.

Healthy or not, our defense is better without Adams than it is with him, and I think that Pete has finally come to that realization and has decided to move on. IMO we've seen the last of Jamal Adams as a Seahawk.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I would not miss Adams if he was traded away for some decent player(s) or draft choice. He is a one trick pony who cannot cover.

Jville

Reaction score
I would not miss Adams if he was traded away for some decent player(s) or draft choice. He is a one trick pony who cannot cover.

The scheduled base salaries under Adam's current contract are $16.5 mil in 2024 and $17.5 mil in 2025. Those are not a very tradable numbers for an injured player with degraded health and skills.

Note: "In 2023 the Seahawks converted $9.92 million of Adams' salary into a bonus to create $6.61 million in cap room. His cap number in 2024 and 2025 each increased by $3.3 million." --- per OTC.

Link >>> https://overthecap.com/player/jamal-adams/5590

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Magic Eight Ball says....

Jamal Adams has not played an entire season since 2018.
Jamal Adams has not recorded a sack since 2020.
A day and a half from now we will all be in 2024.

Those are the facts, unless of course you are Jamal Adams or his agent.

Wikipedia Stats:

Jamal Adams

flv2

Reaction score
The scheduled base salaries under Adam's current contract are $16.5 mil in 2024 and $17.5 mil in 2025. Those are not a very tradable numbers for an injured player with degraded health and skills.

Note: "In 2023 the Seahawks converted $9.92 million of Adams' salary into a bonus to create $6.61 million in cap room. His cap number in 2024 and 2025 each increased by $3.3 million." --- per OTC.

Link >>> https://overthecap.com/player/jamal-adams/5590
It's hard to figure what Adams will be worth as a FA in March. My guess is it will be $4.25M, give or take, assuming he doesn't retire. No team is going to be interested in acquiring his existing contract. Thank you for reminding me that the Seahawks altered the contract details for cap purposes. That alteration might somehow prevent both parties from signing a restructured exit contract that would benefit both in 2024.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
The organization and Pete are irritating. It’s insulting to say it’s injury related when we all know what’s up. Maybe there’s a slight chance they’re telling the truth but I call bs.

Dishonest? Maybe. Disingenuous sure. Denver Broncos. No. What a shitshow that organization is.
I don't think he's lying when he says it's injury-related.
If Adams is having lingering issues that is preventing him from performing at a high level on the field then it is best to sit him. He clearly hasn't been playing well, so it isn't unreasonable to conclude he's still having issues. Obviously they also don't want him getting re-injured, but it isn't dishonest to focus on the injury aspect and ignore the contract part. Talking contracts in public doesn't often help matters. That stuff is handled behind closed doors.a

Jville

Reaction score
One man's misfortune
I don't think he's lying when he says it's injury-related.
If Adams is having lingering issues that is preventing him from performing at a high level on the field then it is best to sit him. He clearly hasn't been playing well, so it isn't unreasonable to conclude he's still having issues. Obviously they also don't want him getting re-injured, but it isn't dishonest to focus on the injury aspect and ignore the contract part. Talking contracts in public doesn't often help matters. That stuff is handled behind closed doors.a

I don't think anyone is lying .............. Adams has also addressed what he is going thru. Heating pad on the knee between series ect.

I think Adams was finally held out of combat via medical staff recommendations.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
One man's misfortune

I don't think anyone is lying .............. Adams has also addressed what he is going thru. Heating pad on the knee between series ect.

I think Adams was finally held out of combat via medical staff recommendations.
Lying no. Telling the entire story - definitely not and for aforementioned reasons eloquently stated above

seahawks08

Reaction score
Pete doesn’t have to tell as long as he feels accountable and takes corrective action based on the information he has. Holding on to CJ Posise was head scratching and so is Dee Eskridge. We took years to realize Jimmy Graham doesn’t fit our system based on what Russ could do or not do. As an organization these things happen, but I hope John and Pete steadies things out .