Losing Jamal Adams was a killer

FPD

Reaction score
I like Adams, but he was never going to last. He plays with too much reckless abandon to not get hurt. It was destiny for him to get hurt. It was always just a question of when.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I like Adams, but he was never going to last. He plays with too much reckless abandon to not get hurt. It was destiny for him to get hurt. It was always just a question of when.
He tore a quad it isn’t a career ending injury and the shoulder is 100%. Reckless abandon isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to lay out a tight end or blowup a left tackle thus freeing up a LB for an uncontested shot at the running back or quarterback. His impact is invaluable when healthy no ifs, ands or buts. We haven’t been gashed on the ground like this since never
Corderell Patterson, Taysom Hill and Josh Jacobs Jingle Heimer Schmidt all tore us a new ass. Adams eliminates those running threats

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He tore a quad it isn’t a career ending injury and the shoulder is 100%. Reckless abandon isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to lay out a tight end or blowup a left tackle thus freeing up a LB for an uncontested shot at the running back or quarterback. His impact is invaluable when healthy no ifs, ands or buts. We haven’t been gashed on the ground like this since never
Corderell Patterson, Taysom Hill and Josh Jacobs Jingle Heimer Schmidt all tore us a new ass. Adams eliminates those running threats
When Adams was healthy the Seahawks didn't exactly have a great rushing defense with Wagner and Brooks, what makes you think that Adams would suddenly fix our ails? You all are overrating his impact massively. He would not suddenly cure the Seahawks issues.

He was not even a huge difference maker in most of the games he played here. There were a few games where he looked unstoppable, but there were also many games where he just looked pedestrian.

Once again, even with Adams in the lineup, at one point in 2021 the Seahawks were on pace to be one of the worst defenses on record. When they righted their ship it was Neal that was filling in for Adams. I'm not saying Neal is the one that turned it around, because he wasn't. What I am saying is that Adams wasn't exactly the game changer that he was on the Jets here in Seattle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Torn labrums are never 100% after surgery. Yes, they are 100% healed, but the risk of re-injury is amplified once it's been torn.

Here's the Dr. that did Trubisky's torn labrum repair.

You guys should get it out of your head that Adam's is going to be anywhere close to what he used to be. He's broken, Quad, two torn labrums, foot, hand, fingers. Dude's a walking medical disaster.

He'll come back and get another injury within a couple games again next, year. Then we'll cut his ass in 2024 when we can get off all his dead cap money.

The End. Don't ever trade two firsts for a safety again. Lesson learned.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Or, you can stop telling people what to think? There's always that

Or you could just exaggerate all your comments with nonsense like "I know everyone hates <insert player or coach>, but I for one want us to win I know it sounds crazy."

Or refuse to ever use the quote function that's been around for like a decade. That's cool too.

Jville

Reaction score
Three random thoughts ................

In my eyes, the two 1st round picks from the Wuhan/Covid degraded draft classes were nowhere near as valuable as the post pandemic picks. I think that is an important distinction.

I still miss Bam Bam. He was a very special talent.

As long as Jody and John and Pete continue to focus on what people can do, the Seahawks will be in good hands.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh, Largent got his feelings hurt again. Good stuff.
you can go ahead and quote that
Go Hawks

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
He’s the best player on the field when healthy. Key words: “when healthy”.

I’d be surprised to see him return to form. Folks were already in an uproar on what we gave up for him but I think had he stayed healthy, everyone would’ve had a change of heart.

Sucks….that’s the only word I can find to describe it.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I was really curious about Adams with the new coaches. He has the speed to correct coverages with his speed even if his initial instincts were wrong. I really think the coaches installed schemes around his skills. Unfortunately with injuries we would never know. I would love to draft a Kam Chancellor like built and mindset that the defense feeds off. I hope there is someone we can draft. It tilts the field for sure no matter how opponents scheme to nuetralize. No TE or running back would ever steam roll Kam.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The way things are looking, I wouldnt be surprised if Adams doesnt play himself out of the NFL within the next 3 to 4 years with all of his injuries. A full season for him is a pipe dream.

The trade was a disaster, but what is done is done.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Torn labrums are never 100% after surgery. Yes, they are 100% healed, but the risk of re-injury is amplified once it's been torn.

Here's the Dr. that did Trubisky's torn labrum repair.

You guys should get it out of your head that Adam's is going to be anywhere close to what he used to be. He's broken, Quad, two torn labrums, foot, hand, fingers. Dude's a walking medical disaster.

He'll come back and get another injury within a couple games again next, year. Then we'll cut his ass in 2024 when we can get off all his dead cap money.

The End. Don't ever trade two firsts for a safety again. Lesson learned.
You are absolutely right on torn labrums never being 100% again..I tore mine in left shoulder
years ago.
i still don't have the range of motion I did before..It was worse like super tight and now it goes
a couple degrees better but it took years.
I cannot imagine having TWO there is no way he's coming back from that and being the same.
People often confuse this with rotar cuff and I wish that was his or my issue.
Anyway you are right he is broken..The body is saying it's time to say goodbye.

Rat

Reaction score
Trading what we did for Jamal was the worst decision any team made until some team gave up a bounty for Russell Wilson, but we'd be much better off with him than without him.

flv2

Reaction score
He's the highest paid player on the Seahawks defense, by a wide margin, and there's a good reason for that. Obviously he would have had a positive impact if he had been playing. The 2022 Seahawks defense is a cheap defense lacking top level talent.

Moving forward he's unlikely to ever again be the player that he was some years ago. He's set to earn $11M next season and a decision to keep or release him is looming in February.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I believe her also brough something else to the defense that would also help a young D. Swag and confidence. As far as the trade and him being injury prone! It is what it is. You are kidding yourself to think our D would be no better with him out there. I am not saying we would be world beaters but I feel we would be a notch better. Plus he is also probably better at diagnosing plays and communication.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Adams was a great locker room guy and brought to the table a lot of intangibles. But he was a one trick pony. He was a liability in pass coverage, too small to man up on a tight end or close gaps on running plays, wasn't a ball hawk. Teams figured him out, would see him at the LOS then check out of a pass and run right at him or block him with a TE and send a slot receiver to the zone he vacated. Playing for us, he's had more surgeries than interceptions. We were a historically bad defense even when he was healthy. Ryan Neal is a better all-around safety and a better option in the long run.

I don't like saying it because it sounds insensitive as all get out, but the truth of the matter is that it was a blessing in disguise that Adams was lost for the season. It's no coincidence that after he was out, our defense got better.

RiverDog

Reaction score
From what I see stat- wise the defense is bottom 8 in the league, with Arizona dead last.
With Jamal playing 12 games last season, our defense was ranked 29th in the league. As bad as it is, I'd take our defense as we've played since Adams went down vs what it was when he was healthy.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I was for the player but against the deal when we got him. I tried to make the best of it after the deal was done. Cost to benefit has been a gargantuan loss to us.
IMO there is NO ONE PLAYER that you should force your defense to depend on for success. Adams does not have the skillset to be that one player.